We have a couple videos from the recent Dior exhibition in Beijing, which Natalie attended as Miss Dior. The first video is a focused interview with Natalie, while the second has more footage from the event itself, with a couple Natalie sightings thrown in for good measure.
Thanks to Aurore and Belerofonte.
Natalie was in attendance at the opening of a Miss Dior exhibition in Beijing earlier today, marking her first public appearance in over a month. We’ve added a handful of photos of Natalie at the event to the gallery, with hopefully more to come.
LightsCameraReaction reminded me that these notated snapshots from behind-the-scenes of Natalie’s Miss Dior commercial shoot were forgotten in the shuffle (sorry!). Hit the preview to view four more in the gallery.
Thanks to edenLiao.
One can get a bit cynical about advertising photos, particularly when we’ve now see Natalie and that freaking pink dress a million times over the last few years. But this photo just kicks a hole in that cynicism. It becomes meaningless in the face of sheer beauty. Bravo!
Thanks to Eden Liao.
There is so much Natalie news right now I’m actually struggling to keep up. While I have a little time let me knock out a few news items for you guys to enjoy before the Berlinale show kicks into high gear.
– The Natalie produced documentary, The Seventh Fire, debuts at Berlinale today. A poster for the film has landed and…meh…rather go watch the trailer again.
– Geena Davis, of Thelma and Louise fame, is launching a film festival that is focused on promoting women and minority filmmakers. This Bentonville Film Festival will screen 75 films and Natalie is one of the A list starts on the advisory board.
– The director of Natalie’s new Miss Dior commercial, Anton Corbijn, is interviewed in the video below. It includes some more footage of Natalie and a brief mention about what she brought to the “role”.
– Finally, for all the Benheads out there, in this video interview Benjamin talks about wanting to make a film with Natalie. He also has a nice interview with Madame Figaro, although you’ll need to translate and there isn’t a direct mention of Natalie.
Thanks to Antienne, Belerofonte, and Morgan.
The Miss Dior commercial has arrived a day early and…uh…it looks like a commercial.
There’s also a directors cut, which feels a bit jarring at first but has some beautiful shots and genuine moments of character. Much better for me, what do you guys think?
That’s not all because after the jump we have the behind the scenes video, which has some interview footage with Natalie and a handful of extra cuteness.
So much Natalie news bouncing around right now and next week, with the new commercial and Berlinale, is going to be like the good old days. Here are a batch of smaller news items to warm us up.
– Let’s begin with the actually rather big news that the Natalie produced documentary, The Seventh Fire, will also be making it’s debut at Berlinale. You might remember our mentioning of the project back in October, but now the full has a full synopsis and will be introduced by Natalie’s Knight Of Cups director, Terrence Malick. I have to say, the film sounds really interesting and I’d want to check it out even without Natalie’s involvement.
– Earlier in the week we talked about a story that I’m just going to go ahead and call ‘Thighgate’. In it we saw how Natalie’s legs were covered up in an alternate version of the new Dior ad. Well, breathe a sigh of relief because the thighs are free!
Thanks to Eden, Kitten, and Belerofonte.