Ah, blessed weekend. I’m going to use it to try and get on top of all the latest Natalie news. Thankfully I did hear from Rachel and she is very much alive, but might not be able to help on the site for a few more weeks.
So, the image albums are not going to have her usual polish, but something is better than nothing, right? Here is Natalie twirling around in Paris from earlier in the week for an upcoming Dior ad.
Argh, struggling to keep up with Rachel AWOL and work stacking up, so let’s do a post that merges a bunch of items that could very well have made up their own posts.
– First up, Natalie was snapped filming a new Dior video in Paris on Tuesday. Based on this photo alone, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this will be the best commercial ever made.
– From Paris Natalie will of course be heading to TIFF in Toronto and it sounds like as soon as TIFF is over she will be straight back to Paris to film Planetarium (‘Le Soeurs Barlow’) for Rebecca Zlotowski. According to the casting call, the film will shoot from mid-September through to mid-November.
– Finally, moon-walking back to the TIFF mention where Natalie will be premiering A Tale of Love and Darkness, a new review for the film has arrived from The Jerusalem Post and it’s incredibly positive. They call the film “triumphant” and claim that Natalie gives her best ever performance.
We have a great weekend surprise thanks to Eden_Liao. It is a video of Natalie picking out the scents that go into her Miss Dior perfume. Of most interest is that Natalie is speaking French throughout…perhaps French fans can update us in the comments as to how her pronunciation and fluency is progressing.
Struggling with the video autoplay so I am putting it after the jump. Or click the thumb below to go to the site and view it there.
Just when I thought we were never going to see an edgier Natalie editorial after an abundance of beautiful but boring Dior spreads, 2b management Photographer’s Agency posted this Instagram snap of Natalie posing with veteran fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth. Could a new photo shoot be coming soon?
The Australian version of The Daily Telegraph caught up with Natalie during her recent visit to Beijing for the Dior exhibition. It sounds like Natalie was in a really good mood because the interviewer came away feeling like she doesn’t take herself too seriously. Contrast that to the recent THR interview and it becomes clear that trying to pin Natalie down under one label is a fool’s errand.
“You need huge levels of perseverance and focus to complete your initial vision and keep it going ’til the end,” she says.
“Now I get how hard the director works on intensive planning long before we actors show up – and of course afterwards.
“It’s amazing how small the actual filming part of it is!”
The full interview, including her appreciation of Australians and Emma Watson, is here. Thanks to Belerofonte.
We have a couple videos from the recent Dior exhibition in Beijing, which Natalie attended as Miss Dior. The first video is a focused interview with Natalie, while the second has more footage from the event itself, with a couple Natalie sightings thrown in for good measure.
Natalie was in attendance at the opening of a Miss Dior exhibition in Beijing earlier today, marking her first public appearance in over a month. We’ve added a handful of photos of Natalie at the event to the gallery, with hopefully more to come.
LightsCameraReaction reminded me that these notated snapshots from behind-the-scenes of Natalie’s Miss Dior commercial shoot were forgotten in the shuffle (sorry!). Hit the preview to view four more in the gallery.
One can get a bit cynical about advertising photos, particularly when we’ve now see Natalie and that freaking pink dress a million times over the last few years. But this photo just kicks a hole in that cynicism. It becomes meaningless in the face of sheer beauty. Bravo!
There is so much Natalie news right now I’m actually struggling to keep up. While I have a little time let me knock out a few news items for you guys to enjoy before the Berlinale show kicks into high gear.
– The Natalie produced documentary, The Seventh Fire, debuts at Berlinale today. A poster for the film has landed and…meh…rather go watch the trailer again.
– Geena Davis, of Thelma and Louise fame, is launching a film festival that is focused on promoting women and minority filmmakers. This Bentonville Film Festival will screen 75 films and Natalie is one of the A list starts on the advisory board.
– The director of Natalie’s new Miss Dior commercial, Anton Corbijn, is interviewed in the video below. It includes some more footage of Natalie and a brief mention about what she brought to the “role”.
– Finally, for all the Benheads out there, in this video interview Benjamin talks about wanting to make a film with Natalie. He also has a nice interview with Madame Figaro, although you’ll need to translate and there isn’t a direct mention of Natalie.