We’ve updated the gallery with a larger version of a photo of Natalie from a Dior editorial featured in a June 2013 issue of Paris Match. Thanks to Belerofonte for the find!
Taking inspiration from Anna Kendrick’s tweet yesterday, our new poll should be a bloody good bit of fun.
As for the last poll, the thanks was very evenly spread out. That is, except for the winner. Click the thumb to view the full size if it’s a bit hard to see.
Nothing to write home about but…
- Let’s start with a cute writeup about Natalie being Long Island’s hometown heroine. I especially liked this little story.
The actress lived for a time in Sea Cliff, where longtime resident and Bart’s Barber Shop owner Joseph Mazzeo once cut her hair. “She came in with her mom, and I had no idea who she was,” Mazzeo recalls. “She was growing her hair out, and she said, ‘Give me a Mohawk.’” He later learned that she’d shaved her head for a movie roll. “Her mom looked nervous,” Mazzeo says, “but Natalie told me, ‘I bet you think I’m 14, but I’m 24.’”
- Another fan sighting via instagram. Seems this was taken in LA but no idea when.
UPDATE – Despite the LA tag it seems the photo was taken in Israel, which makes a hell of a lot more sense.
- Finally, Garcy found a really funny Anna Kendrick tweet from yesterday.
If Natalie Portman asked me to kill someone I'd probably do it.
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2013
A straggler video from the Thor media tour finds Natalie making the interviewers day when expressing her love for Seattle after her recent visit. It’s quite a cute interview and we have Fanatical to thank.
A nice versatile batch of mini news items today. Enjoy.
- First up, if you really found yourself drawn into the final kiss between Thor and Jane in Thor: The Dark World, prepare to be disappointed. It wasn’t even Natalie. She explains why and who the lips belonged to.
“It was for reshoots and he was working in Hong Kong and I couldn’t get there because I was working on my own film,” Portman told the New York Daily News. “And so they put his wife in my wig and costume. That’s why it was so passionate.”
- Sticking with Thor, if you haven’t seen the film yet (and I’m guilty as charged) maybe this Japanese trailer, with more footage, will convince you.
- Christian Bale has spoken about the Terrence Malick films and thinks that he won’t make the final cut of the Untitled project (the one set against the music scene) as he was only able to spend 3 or 4 days on it. He will definitely be front and centre for Knight Of Cups, the other Malick film (for those late to the party, Natalie is supposed to be in both films). He also sounds pretty excited about both projects and the enthusiasm that Malick is showing in the post production. Bale has worked with Malick before, so maybe he’s seeing a different side to the director. Maybe a more fast paced process, compared to some of the epic post productions on his past films.
“I’ve been doing that for months. Terry is on fire. They’re both going to get finished. There’s no doubt about it. WHEN, I can’t tell you. But they’re both going to get finished. He’s just lit up. He’s possessed.
Natalie is still in Israel. Haifa to be exact. Click the thumb below to check out the full shot and description, of one of the better fan snaps that I can remember, on Instagram. Thanks to Kitten.
Just a couple barrel scrapings today. Scrape scrape.
- First up, where did Natalie spend Thanksgiving/Hannukah? Based on this Instagram photo from Benjamin, looks like she’s back in Israel.
- Next up is a higher resolution photo from the 2010 TIFF portrait shoot. The lighting is considerably better than the version we already have. But that’s not saying much. It really is a contender for the worst lit shoot that she’s ever done. Thanks to xiaonianp.
- And lastly, Natalie has signed and donated a pair of shoes for the charity, Small Steps Project. If you can squeeze into a size 4 then head here on December 5th when the auction begins. It runs through to December 15th.
A happy thanksgiving to all our North American visitors. After you’re done stuffing your face with turkey and looking guiltily at your Natalie poster, take a moment and vote in our special thanksgiving poll.
As for the last poll…you guys are kinda happy that Natalie has gone dark again
PS – And a happy hanukkah!
In the comments section of yesterday’s post, Narkel wondered if Natalie was still in the running for Dare Me, the twisted cheerleader film. I mailed my source about it and for those who wanted to see Natalie wielding some pom poms, it’s bad news.
I was told that Natalie is unavailable to do the film, probably due to A Tale Of Love And Darkness commitments. No telling if she would have done it if her schedule had been clear.
Happy? Sad? Indifferent?
Fresh on the heels of the Jane Got A Gun release date is a review from an early screening of the film. Because it was probably an early cut and because the source is unknown, I would take it all with a pinch of salt. Thanks to lightscamerareaction.
Well Natalie Portman is the film’s MVP.
It was such an emotionally stirring performance and and did a magnificent job carrying a whole movie on her shoulders and showing her development as a weak, abused woman to a strong, assertive mother.
That’s the film’s biggest, and of its few, pros though.
Overall, I thought the film was mediocre.
I blame the choice of director. I LOVE Gavin O’Connor, who was a last minute replacement, but I had the same problem I had with Mira Nair’s work in “The Namesake” (2007) and Steven Spielberg’s for “Lincoln” (2012): It was dull!
The first rule of cinema is to never be boring. O’Connor never gave us the suspenseful atmosphere and action this western needed.
Not sure if we’ve had this before but Kitten found it and given the questions, about Black Swan, are ones repeated so often…it’s hard to tell. Here she is with Mila Kunis and Darren Aronofsky at the Envelope Screening Series.
Kitten found five new B&W photos of Natalie snapped at the Esprit Dior, Miss Dior exhibition opening night at the Galerie Courbe at the Grand Palais in Paris earlier this month. Click the preview pic to view them in the gallery.
The much maligned production of Natalie’s western, Jane Got A Gun, has made the film quite a high profile curiosity, at least in film geek circles. Well, the wait, to find out if the film was worth all the effort, is approximately 9 months away.
The Wrap are reporting an August 29th release date. Nice to have confirmation that we’ll be seeing at least one Natalie film in 2014. Hopefully some news on the Malick films will add those to the list as well. 2014 is the year of the indie film!
Now how about some official stills or a poster or a trailer?
Thanks to Maribel.