I’ll be setting up a poll to see if you guys loved Natalie’s Woodstock Film Festival appearance as much as I did, but before we do a pulse check, take a look at the full video of Darren Aronofsky being awarded the Maverick award. Natalie’s speech is short and sweet, while Jennifer Connelly gives it great gusto. Thanks to Kitten for the find.
We’ve updated the gallery with a ton of new photos (over 100) of Natalie’s appearance at the 2014 Woodstock Film Festival 15th Annual Maverick Awards Gala yesterday evening, including the pre-awards dinner, ceremony, and backstage. A huge thanks to Belerofonte and Kitten for the finds.
Last night Natalie, together with Jennifer Connelly, presented Darren Aronofsky with a Maverick Award on behalf of the Woodstock Film Festival. I’ve set up a temporary album featuring mostly behind the scenes snaps from the event, but hopefully Rachel can find some better quality Natalie photos a bit later on. Click the GORGEOUS thumb below to view the gallery.
In addition, we have a video snippet of Natalie’s speech via Instagram. Thanks to Belerofonte.
We’ve updated the gallery with a new-old photo of Natalie playing foosball with patients in the Teen Lounge (where she became involved as a volunteer in 2008) at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles back in late August.
This candid set from the weekend, featuring Natalie and Aleph out and about, has a few cuteness bombs. Unfortunately, Aleph is visible in the best shots, so please steer clear if that is your stance. Thanks to Kitten for the find.
As we mentioned a few weeks back, Natalie was to be honoured by the LA Children’s Hospital with the Courage To Care award, for her dedication and support to the hospital. Last night was the event and Natalie arrived on the red carpet with Benjamin. We’ll have a gallery up later but until then click the thumb below for the Daily Mail’s account, along with some good quality images of the Grecian inspired outfit.
UPDATE – Click here to see UHQ photos in the gallery.
Forgive me Natalie fans. You can probably count on one hand the number of times there haven’t been updates on two consecutive days…and that’s going back a decade and a half. The week just overwhelmed and I apologize profusely. It didn’t help that Natalie news was at an all time low this week, but we’re on the verge of something exciting. Hang in there.
Alright then, back on the horse I leap. Let’s start with poll results for a change, as it was no ordinary poll. Our Leon scene poll had a predictable winner, which I can’t disagree with. I was surprised with Leon’s choking on milk being so high, as well as the Russian roulette being so low. But I am absolutely shocked that Natalie’s confrontation with Oldman in the bathroom didn’t get more love – the scene is fire. Gotta love the “I’m sorry”.
Click the thumb below for a bigger version.
For the new poll I’m drawing from the Leon well again.
Impatient Natalie fans of the world, try and remember that no news is good news. And mini news is the greatest news of all. Here is a new assortment of bite sized Natalie updates.
– Let’s kick things off, and our shoes off, with the news that Natalie has donated a pair of Dior heels to the Small Steps charity. Fellow Thor co-stars, Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, also served up some slightly less attractive offerings.
– Elle UK has a slideshow featuring Natalie’s hair styles through the years. 2006 Golden Globes > everything else.
– And finally, it’s with great pride that I can reveal that our own cosplay expert, Celina/Novalee, has made it onto the official Marvel Tumblr for a really well crafted and exceedingly sexy Sif outfit. Join her Facebook group to see what stunning outfit she cooks up next.
Okay, keep the cartwheels modest because while these two project links look legitimate, they’re not exactly going to feature Natalie front and centre.
First up is The Seventh Fire, which is a really interesting sounding documentary that Natalie is producing. She mentions the project here (google translate that sucker!) and below is the synopsis from IMDB.
An Ojibwe community in rural Minnesota is caught between the violent rise of Native American gangs and the struggle for cultural identity. The Seventh Fire is a raw cinematic journey into a rarely seen part of America that reveals the crisis facing American Indian communities across the country.
Next up is a project that sounds like it might have Natalie in front the camera. Let’s start with the IMDB synopsis.
“Based on short stories from Robert Boswell’s collection, seven vignettes explore the difference between fantasy and reality, memory and history, and the joy and agony of the human condition.”
I know. I know. Where is the Natalie news? Wasn’t Knight Of Cups supposed to come out this year? Jane Got A Gun opens in a few months – will we ever get a trailer? Or how about a poster? I’ll take a set photo!
Things are annoyingly quiet, but there are 4 Natalie films in post production so it’s only a matter of time…right?
Until then, here are a couple tidbits.
– Director Darren Aronofsky will be awarded an honorary Maverick award at the Woodstock Film Festival on the 18th of October. Natalie will be there, with Jennifer Connelly, to present her Black Swan director with the award.
– There is also a rumour floating about, from the ever reliable (*cough*) In Touch Magazine, which states that friends of Natalie are divulging her and Benjamin’s plans to have another child. The piece suggests that they have already started “trying” – insert grinning Benjamin giving a thumbs up.
Thanks to Lightscamerareaction and Belerofonte.
Writer, director and
actor film lover, Quentin Tarantino, is also the owner of the New Beverly Cinema in LA. The theatre is reopening after some alterations and in the second week of October he will be screening, in 35mm, Leon The Professional along with his own Pulp Fiction. Both films share a 20 year anniversary, and the fact that they are both bloody brilliant.
If you’re in the area, the two films will be screening for 6 nights and tickets are only $8.
Thanks to Adonis and Belerofonte.
I’ll keep this really short. It’s been quite a few months since we felt the need to do a small donation drive, but it’s definitely time to send out a reminder for those of you who enjoy the site and have the means to throw a few bucks our way to cover costs. It’s all very much appreciated and ensures we can keep bringing you the Natalie news…or at least we’d be able to bring you news if there was actual news – it’s coming, Natfans, hang in there!
You can donate via the Paypal link below. If you have a product that you’d like me to talk about on the site, I’d be happy to discuss that. Or, you can simply make www.natalieportman.com excluded from your ad blocker of choice.
Thanks as always.
We have a new addition to the Richard Mille appearance from a few weeks back, and it’s probably the clearest photo so far. Pictured with Natalie is Mille himself and Benjamin. Thanks to Belerofonte.
It’s time for another edition of mini news items.
– Natalie attended Rachel Bilson’s (from The OC and…uh…) baby shower recently, and gave her a birth bead. Not the most lavish of gifts, but it sounds like this was the arranged gift for all of the attendees. The father of the child is sand hater or former Star Wars co-star, Hayden Christensen.
– Much to our chagrin, but not surprise, Natalie’s two films with Terrence Malick didn’t land on the 2014 festival circuit. The Playlist looks at why this may be, along with 14 other notable films that remain under wraps for now.
– Lastly, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies (the one time Natalie starring vehicle, now just baring her name as producer) continues to steam-roll forward with a couple great additions to the cast – Charles Dance and Lena Heady – the fantastic father and daughter duo from Game Of Thrones.