Dior have also released a little short info promo about the history of the brand. Natalie gives voice over at the beginning, shows up briefly just after the minute mark and then is on screen talking at the very end. Thanks to EdiorLiao.
Dior is really stepping up to fill the void, huh? Kudos, Christian Dior, kudos. Following that new video, here are several shots from the shoot. The thumb below will take you to the temporary gallery where they are all housed, until Rachel can sort them properly later tonight. A big thanks to…hell, you know who 😛
The wait is over. Below is the Sofia Coppola directed TVC for Miss Dior. There’s a lot of kissing, a lot of pink, and some frolicking in the fountain. Thanks to EdenLiao.
We’ve got a great batch of tidbits so let’s not waste any time…
– First up the big news was that the new Dior TV spot aired during the Grammy’s last night, which probably helped keep some viewers awake. Although to be fair, I saw Natalie’s Cold Mountain co-star Jack White tear it up so maybe the show wasn’t as coma inducing as usual? Anyway, the commercial doesn’t appear to be online yet but hopefully it’s only a matter of days/hours before it is available.
– Next up is a Twitter sighting from yesterday. I wonder who the overrated actor could be…
Natalie Portman’s eating lunch at the next table with overrated actor. Jealousy + proximity = my patty melt’s ruined.
– Finally, we have another Twitter sighting but this one is definitely genuine because it comes with a very cute photo.
Thanks to Ming Choo, Kitten and Garcy.
Perhaps it’s to help get into the Western mood for Jane Got A Gun, but whatever the reason, I think we can all appreciate how hilariously awesome Natalie’s sweater is in this new set of candids from the Botanical Gardens. Benjamin and Aleph (who is seen clearly in several of the photos) joined her for the family day out. Thanks to Toto20 (via Zimbio) for the find.
Today’s mini updates are focused inwards.
– First up a little news from my source. I asked about Eating Animals, the documentary that Natalie was setting up a year ago. Last we heard, back in April, was that the adaptation (does a documentary count as an adaptation?) of the Jonathan Safran Foer novel was moving ahead steadily. At the time it sounded like production was beginning soon, which was obviously a bit optimistic. From what I was told the project is still going ahead, with Natalie producing, but they’re still in the process of finalizing deals.
– The Charlies have been stalled by Poll Daddy not being up to the task. We’re looking into setting up a new poll system because daddy is letting down the rest of the family. At this rate by the time the awards are ready to go Charlie won’t be alive anymore. Wait, he’s what now? Noooooooooooo!
– Valentines Day is a week away, and long time visitors will know that this is also our birthday…anniversary…birthiversary. This makes us 13…we’re officially teenagers! It would be great if you guys could send in some fanart to celebrate either occasion.
These new photos, of Natalie and Benjamin enjoying lunch with friends in Los Feliz, are probably my favourite set in a long time. Great to see her looking so happy, got the always sexy gas pumping plus one of the funnier faces you’ll see her pulling. Classic candid set.
Thanks to Toto20 and Stefan.
A really nice batch of mini updates for you guys this evening. Starting with…
– Rodrigo Santoro, an actor Natalie was romantically linked with several years ago (there wasn’t anything tangible to the rumour though), has joined the cast of Jane Got A Gun. He joins Natalie, Michael Fassbender and, even though I don’t think it was completely confirmed yet, Joel Edgerton. Rodrigo is probably best known for the role of Xerses in 300 and one of the more disliked characters on Lost. But he’s been pretty good with smaller roles in a few other films like Che. Certainly appears like female Natalie fans are going to have plenty of eye candy to feast on.
– Badass Digest has a video up breaking down Marvel’s phase two plans. It’s a nice summary of what we can expect and Thor 2 obviously comes under the microscope. If the embed below doesn’t work, try here.
– Finally, an old school Natalie fan called Stephen mailed me that he has a bunch of old magazines featuring her. If someone is willing to pay the delivery fee, he’s happy to pass them along to a “good home”. I’ll include a list of the publications as well as a photo after the jump. If you’re interested email me and I’ll forward on to Stephen.
It’s time. EdenLiao found a HQ of the advert below and now I want to make it the subject of our new poll.
As for the last poll, there was quite a healthy spread of opinions regarding Natalie’s imminent move to Paris. I was quite surprised that more fans weren’t upset about it. I guess we’ve matured as a fanbase…for the most part 😛
Hit the jump for those results…
The gift of Dior keeps on giving. Sorry, I uploaded these great new Dior/Vogue photos last night but I thought Rachel would want to update with them…only I forgot she was away this weekend. In any case, this update is the first of many more to come this weekend. Enjoy.
Once again a big thanks to the real Miss Dior, EdenLiao.
We have a lot more after the jump…
Stop what you’re doing and hit play on this behind the scenes video from the DiorShow Iconic Overcurl shoot. Some breathtaking shots of Natalie in there. A big thanks to EdenLiao.
UPDATE – Really weird, the embed gives the wrong video if you are using a phone. Try this direct link.
I’ve updated the gallery with the rather severe-looking print ads for Natalie’s upcoming Miss Dior fragrance campaign. Somewhat of a departure from the soft, playful look of Tim Walker’s old Miss Dior Chérie ads. What do you guys think?