Goya, IMAX and Vogue

By January 25, 2006Site-news

Evening

Let’s kick things off with some new pics. All courtesy of Chloie.

The first batch are from the Goya’s Ghost set.

Balcony 1
Balcony 2
Balcony 3
Balcony 4
Balcony 5
Balcony 6
Balcony 7
Balcony 8
Balcony 9
Balcony 10
Balcony 11
Balcony 12
Balcony 13
Balcony 14

And now a few Hi Res versions.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six

The next few are a bit spoilerish.

Ugly 1
Ugly 2
Ugly 3
Ugly 4
Ugly 5

And finally, some more of those Barney’s pics.

Beverly Hills 1
Beverly Hills 2
Beverly Hills 3
Beverly Hills 4
Beverly Hills 5

Moving on to some news…

Andrea found a little blurb mention a new cover for Vogue on the horizon. Please let it be a mohawk shoot. PUH-LEASE!

If you don’t like NATALIE PORTMAN’s shoes, blame it on the animal kingdom. A source tells me that Portman was recently photographed by CRAIG McDEAN for an upcoming cover of Vogue magazine. But I hear that stylists had a somewhat difficult time finding shoes for the 24-year-old starlet because she demanded that she only wear animal-friendly attire. Designer frocks like Prada weren’t hard to find, but shoes were another story. “All the good shoes have some sort of leather,” a source explains. “The only things they could find for her were things like ugly cork wedges.” Portman’s rep insists there were plenty of great shoes to choose from, including picks from Stella McCartney and a London-based company, Beyond Skin. “Natalie has always been all about animal-friendly,” the rep says. “It’s always no suede, no leather, no animal hides.” In the past, Vogue Editor-in-Chief ANNA WINTOUR hasn’t taken too kindly to animal-rights activist celebs. Years ago, a cover with ‘Charlie’s Angels’ stars DREW BARRYMORE, CAMERON DIAZ and LUCY LIU was nixed because Wintour despised Barrymore’s animal-friendly clothing. Barrymore eventually apologized and has since appeared on the magazine’s cover, including the current issue. In one shot, she’s posing with — of all things — a cow.

Source

And Cal has some great news for Nat fans, V for Vendetta is to get the IMAX treatment, just a couple weeks after it’s normal release. Click here to read the story.

And finally, a little bit of fanart. I’m shocked that we haven’t gotten boatloads of fanart for Nat’s GG appearance. Tsk tsk.

Shassy sent in this wallaper and this calendar for Feb.

And Ryan sent in this Nat sketch.

Seeya soon.

• henrik says:

“PUH-Lease!” made me laugh for a few minutes.hilarous statement! 🙂

• el_nota says:

I was on the third Balcony start counting on Nat Balcony. Next day I was very (and when I say “very” it is VERY) close to her filming, and I can tell you that she with all that make-up on her face still be the woman most beautiful.
    Salud.

• veggiegal says:

I wonder if Natalie knows about Moo Shoes in NYC. Everything there is animal free.

• Bloody Fork says:

What’s up with the teeth on the balcony shot?

• Sak says:

Of course she won’t wear anything else except animal-friendly
    clothes and accessories. She is a girl of her word, and when she
    says she is in favor of animal rights, she means that for real.
    That’s why we are proud of her. Right?

• Jeroen says:

el_nota rules.

• clone says:

these pictures are great, plus I found a link to vote for an award for natalies last film titled revenge of the sith.

It’s on rebelscum.com try it, I voted.

• jenr1215 says:

Very beautiful shots, and… BETTER shots (i have to say).

But is there’s somthing wrong with her teeth, or is it just the quality of the pictures?

• Sak says:

About the IMAX thing. Unfortunately, since they didn’t shot originaly in IMAX format (70mm) the only thing they can do is remaster to IMAX (as the article writer explains). So at least resolution-wise it’s not going to be better than the original 35mm shooting. Never the less it’s one more positive thing, on top of all these infinitely positive reviews, and the Berlin festival Premiere.

• RubyAngel says:

I noticed the teeth thing too, and I thought i was seeing things. but I do think she has fake teeth on, that’s why she seems to be licking her teeth and pressing her mouth shut on some of those shots.

• MoRawk says:

“Sak 2006-01-26 21:55:15
    Of course she won’t wear anything else except animal-friendly
    clothes and accessories. She is a girl of her word, and when she
    says she is in favor of animal rights, she means that for real.
    That’s why we are proud of her. Right?”

Ok superfan, whatever you say ?!
    Grow some balls and get your own opinion, mean she smokes and maybe, just maybe wore the same dress as some other muppet to some show so she can be capable of anything right ?? P-Lease..

Peace Out pinksters

• dittygrain says:

I think that the next poll should be about what exactly Nat and her friends are looking down at in the balconey pics.

• math_grenades says:

er, Sak – she also said she hated smoking and would never start. Or at least alluded that much with comments she made when she was younger. And voila, now she’s a smoker.

I smoke too so I could care less. But she’s hardly a ‘girl of her word’. That certainly isn’t why *I* like her. People change as they get older, it’d be pretty dull if she believed and acted the same way and said the same things she did 10 years ago.

• el_nota says:

Ok… OK!!!! Stop asking me about Natalie! :p
    And the next poll must be:
    How many of you have hear Nat shouting;
    “WHAT THE HELL!!!”

Muahahahahahaha!

P.D. Ok, I´ll tell you, one of these things (http://commeaucinema.france2.fr/IMG/static/bandeau_haut_logo2.gif) while we were going to act felt down on Nat head and make a huge sound, she turn back to the man that had done that and after a while she start to laugh and we do too.

• Sak says:

Guys let me explain my self. Smoking and supporting animals are two different things. Smoking is something hurting your self. Eating meat and using animal products is something that hurts others (animals in this case). So i feel it’s more important that she stays true to her beliefs about animal’s protection instead of not smoking. As for the 10 years ago thing, i don’t know many kids quiting meat as a matter of conscience. I don’t know any kid with such formed opinion at such a young age anyway.

MoRawk : “Superfan” ? Wow! I must be related to Superman. It rimes at least. And by the way this IS my opinion. Nat doesn’t pay me to comment here.

Peace