hey man slowdown

By March 13, 2006Site-news

There’s a lot to get through so this is going to be as succinct as possible.

We’re still experiencing problems with the server so the site might be very slow at times. We’re looking into it so hopefully it can be fixed soon.

In TV news, Nat is on TRL and Letterman today. And apparently she’ll also be on Charlie Rose and the Daily show tomorrow. We should also have the Good Morning America clip up shortly.

And Sci Fi Channel is airing V for Vendetta:Behind the Mask at 11pm this thursday. Thanks to SJ and Padme058.

And now it’s time to call an end to the banner poll.

Which is your favourite banner?

Banner 10 – Tito 22.55% (251 votes)

Banner 2 – Brishen 14.02% (156 votes)

Banner 3 – Celina 12.94% (144 votes)

Banner 1 – Amy 11.59% (129 votes)

Banner 8 – Sydney 9.7% (108 votes)

Banner 7 – Loleia 8.09% (90 votes)

Banner 9 – Thomas 7.1% (79 votes)

Banner 5 – Jenny 6.11% (68 votes)

Banner 4 – Jason 5.39% (60 votes)

Banner 6 – Kate 1.89% (21 votes)

Congrats to Tito and the winning banner. The final tally is a little suspicious but hopefully everything was legit. The banner will be added to the site’s rotation soon and Tito has won himself a V poster.

For the record, Brishen and Amy were my favourites and I’m speaking to them about redoing all NP.com’s banners in the near future.

And here is our new poll.

Now onto the news…

– Emma sent in a scan of the Rolling Stone review of V. 3 and a half stars.

– The Hot Blog has a look at a negative V review from Newsweek.

– Yet another interview with Nat about V. This time from ComingSoon. Thanks to Amo.

– Australian and New Zealand fans may want to get the new issue of FilmInk, which has V and Nat as the cover story.

– If you had trouble streaming Unscripted, you can download it from here. Thanks to Ana.

– Some might remember this bracket contest for your fav female celebs from last year. It’s quite a fun format and if you enjoy that sorta thing, go for it.

And finally, some fanart.

Amy sent in a fantastic V wallpaper.

And Nils sent in a bunch of wallpapers using the new VF pics.

1.1 1.2
2.1 2.2
3.1 3.2
4.1 4.2
5.1 5.2

Whew. Seeya.

• just another fan says:

Natalie on Good Morning America:

Downloadable(it’s a high resolution version, so slower machines meight have problems playing it): http://interviewsrus.com/home/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=490

and a streaming version: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1718355

• soonersseth says:

Natalie was super on TRL Did PJ steal a kiss or was I trippin ?

• tito says:

Well I’m glad I won and all and am happy to get a V poster, but in the beginning I was just mostly excited for seeing my work on natalieportman.com.. a site I visit almost as much as MySpace!
    Unfortunately some of the excitement for me has been dwindled when people accuse, even with the head writer of this website suggesting, that I cheated. Not only am I a very honest person, but I respect this website too much to manipulate it in any way to have me come out in the lead. I want the best for this website, so I submitted a banner and I wanted the best one to win. Mine won which I think would suggest people do believe it was the best contender but if that makes people bitter, well, there’s nothing more to say since I won and you didn’t.

I’ll kill your f**king dog for fun, so don’t push me.

Later 🙂

Oh, and a BIG BIG BIG thank you to everyone who voted for me. I really, really appreciate it. You guys rock almost half as much as Natalie.

• JenR1215 says:

TRL was hilarious, but i cant believe FOB asked her that dumb question. I mean they could of ask at least something non-Star Wars. :\

V’s in the street was awesome though. I cant wait to see those pictures of her and that guy in the booth, those are going to be very cute. Rock on.

• theoldtree says:

I think if I were to ever meet Natalie Portman, we would wind up being best friends. And stuff.

• clone says:

got that issue magazine, plus I saw another magazine with Natalie on the cover for $11.00 australian dollars.

The commenwealth games torch is arriving today in the MCG, and I think natalie might be watching it in london on TV.

I just wish she could have ran with the torch in her hand. she would make a perfect torch runner.

• lita_nerrta says:

Wow, the bracket was tough, in the end, I picked Natalie Portman over Keira Knightley. Some hard decisions…when I loved all of my third runner-ups…-le sigh-

• Lynda says:

woooohooooo new zealand rox! who agrees with me?

• math_grenades says:

That vote’s extremely suspicious, a 100 more votes then 2nd place? I don’t want to be unkind but really, the banner ain’t good enough to deserve that much of a sharp increase in the voting trend. I think Brishen’s is superior anyways but it’s just my opinion.

• Sak says:

I just got to see the unscripted interview and i must say it was the best of them all. Nothing really new in terms of context (except we now know Hugo’s favorite color), but great in it’s form, where they were interviewing each other. It was more like a discussion between friends and they’ve got their change of asking their own questions. Very sweet.

• Sak says:

BTW Congrats Tito.

• Sak says:

A last one. Great wallparer Amy.

• ARdeN LyN says:

My vote is don’t replace all the banners on the site. Add new ones, sure (Brishen got my vote – maybe put the top three V banners on the site?). It’s nice to have some variety. So long as they don’t use all the same pics maybe we can have one or two banners from most of her films? Or add more of her magazine photoshoots to the banners. But don’t scrap what’s up there already. Just my two cents.

Sorry, I’m just really bored with the look. They’re great but most of them have been up there forever. I want to freshen it up a bit.