busy girl

By May 22, 2006Site-news

Heya

I’ve got some tasty news today so lets get to it. Variety have reported that acclaimed director Wong Kar Wai has cast Natalie in his first english language film, Blueberry. She’ll be joining Jude Law, Norah Jones and Rachel Weisz when filming begins this summer. And here I thought Nat was due for a break. Nat is certainly working with the best in the business these days.

You can read what AICN has to say. Thanks to Kyle and Roger F.

There was another film role rumour in the shape of Blue Nude, which you can read about here. Personally, I’m all for Nat being in films with nude in the title 😉 Thanks to Lurking.

A couple days ago there was a documentary on Paris Je T’aime on Canal+ Melody managed to catch it and Nat is interviewed while Tom Tykwer said (of Nat) “I didn’t cast the queen of Star Wars but one of the best actresses of her generation”. Hopefully someone can encode a repeat for us.

And on that note, here are some fabbo pics from the film. Thanks to our old friend Titooy.

The couch pic but BIG
The station pic but BIG
The balcony pic but BIG
New shouting pic
Tom and Nat

Awesome.

UPDATE

Forgot to mention that Veronica Mars beat out Nat in the Sexiest Vegetarian poll.

• JenR1215 says:

Veronica Mars???!! How the hell did she win?? I mean, of course I voted for Nat, but if she was going to lose it could of been someone half way better! :\

I’m hoping this is the last film she does with Jude… im really getting tired of seeing him over and over. 3 films is enough!

• MoRawk says:

How come that dude in the pics looks like a complete retard ?? is he retarded, if hes not hes gonna get the “Retard Oscar” =P ..

Peace !

• Garcy says:

Wong Kar Wai is the head jury of this year’s Cannes Film Festival. He must’ve cast Natalie after seeing “Paris, je t’aime”.

• preterNATural says:

Great news! My two favorite adult performances of hers are both with Jude Law. They have great on-screen chemistry. And Rachel Weisz is the second (ok, distant second) most beautiful woman in the world.

Another acclaimed director, another genre to add to her diverse filmography. I think she’s picked another winner.

Morawk, the actor is blind.

And Kristen Bell is a real cutie so I’m not upset.

• tito says:

Finally, an update with some meat on the bones!

You’ve got to admit … Kristen Bell IS freakin’ adorable. I mean, no Natalie Portman, but have you SEEN Reefer Madness? She’s so cute.

• tunis says:

I’m really excited too! really… oh, and BTW, it’s Tom Tykwer’s birthday today! yay 😉 maybe they’re celebrating:P

• Garcy says:

Dazza, were you half asleep while writing this update?
    Spelling mistakes galore!

It was an early update and my brain does take awhile to warm up. Also have a new keyboard (my old one didn’t appreciate the drink I gave it) which my fingers need to get used to.

On the other hand, I can only find two mistakes (Tomm and actersses) so if there are more then that it could just be that I’m a moron.

• thevoid99 says:

Natalie in a film by Wong Kar-Wai. I’ve only seen “In the Mood for Love” and the short he did with Clive Owen while I just rented “2046” which I’m going to see later on.

I’m totally excited. I think he’s a great director though I would watch out for the fact that he works with no script, a lot of his approach is improv, and he tends to finish things at the last minute. He released an unfinished version of “2046” at Cannes in 2004 showing the entire film without its finished visual effects. I’m stoked though, just to see what he can do with Natalie.

• theglassbaumer says:

Wow, Nat and WKW working together. My life will be complete. It sounds like a Chungking Express-like movie. This is how WKW described the it: “the story of a woman who takes the long route instead of the short one to meet up with the man she loves.”

• Dana says:

Oh wow! Wong Kar Wai? That’s awesome. I can’t wait for that.

I have to say though that this could end up as another Paris, Je T’aime. “The Lady From Shanghai” with Nicole Kidman was supposed to be his first English language film, and it’s been pushed back more times than I can count since at least 2003. He doesn’t have a great track record with punctuality. His films are usually worth it, though.

Let’s hope that this one doesn’t get delayed too much…

• _Anyathe says: