A day late and a dollar short.

Let’s start with a new batch of donation thanks – Bryan, Nikki, Tim and Jennifer. You’re good peeps.

I had previously mention that there was a chance that, if the donation thing was a success, Mathilda could perhaps be free as long as enough donations come in. Well I’m still not sure. The donations have been OK. Not great but definitely not a train smash. I’m now thinking that maybe adverts on the pages that have Mathilda combined with donations would be the way to go.

I promise that I will do as much as I can to make it free for everyone.

Enough about that, let’s get to what little news I have.

The results of the last poll are in and colour me surprised.

Which of these movies are you most glad Nat turned down?

Lolita 34.31% (292 votes)

Le Divorce 23.5% (200 votes)

The Horse Whisperer 20.45% (174 votes)

The Ice Storm 10.93% (93 votes)

Head in the Clouds 9.52% (81 votes)

I can only assume that not many people have seen Head in the Clouds.

I can’t think of a proper poll so this will have to do.

Has a year passed since my last update about this? Well I guess its the latest poll to see which Jewish guy and girl other jews would most like to date. Nat came second and in the male category, Zach Braff was behind Alan Sugar and Larry David…what the hell?

The Breakfast at Tiffany’s dress that Natalie wore on the cover of Harpers Bazaar was sold for an amazing £467,200. That money will be going to the City of Joy charity and you can read about the auction over here. Thanks to Cecilia.

And finally, two girls shaved their heads for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and were partly inspired by Natalie’s look in V. Thanks to Andy.

And now a couple wallpapers perfect for the season.

This is from Meitha.

And this is from Amy.

Cheers

• Thea says:

Well nice to hear that people organise head-shaving parties to collect money for people whit cancer. It is a good idea for telling folk about this Leukemia sicknes. An i really didnt know that the Tiffany’s dress is worth so much money.

(Has any girl here shaved her head or am i the only one?)

• AProfessional says:

No, Ive never shaved my head, but I know that the day I do it, it will be for a very important cause, such as Leukemia…or the fact that my hair is making me feel very warm like Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite.

BTW, I rele liked the poll…hell, I thought it wz rele fun!;P

• thevoid99 says:

Can I add a couple of characters to the poll. How about Natalie’s alter-ego PO’TMAN MOTHAFUCKA! from the SNL sketch and the Israeli bulldozer… PORTMAGA!!! (a take on WWE wrestler Umaga)

• JenR1215 says:

I’d shave my head… but i have a dent in the back of my head form a when i busted my head open when i was 3 years older (embarrassing)

and i have big ears.

• NatLover666 says:

I think that the paypal/donation thing will not be very successful if you continue it, but advertising seems as a great way to get money. Most sites have it, so its not like its any new annoyance, and if someone here thinks ads arent worth the comics here, then they dont appreciate Nat.com enough.
    Love Ya Nat,
    -NatLover666

P.S. The poll was very fun and different. Actualy took me awhile to use my imagination instead of my opinions. Keep em comin’!

• unity1 says:

Cate Blanchett shaved her head for the 2002 film “Heaven”, directed by Tom Tykwer (who did the Portman “Paris Je T’aime” short). Blanchett even shaved her head on screen along with Giovanni Ribisi. Interesting how much attention Nat got for doing that several years later. Must be because she’s so darn pretty (but of course Cate Blanchett ain’t bad her self!). “Heaven” is a good film. Go watch it. In fact, you can watch all of Tykwers films, although the production values wane the further you go back… and what the hell was that skiing into the womb thing??? Anyone??

• knowme says:

Gwyneth Paltrow is Jewish?!? (OT I know but she’s on that list).