best news ever?

By December 10, 2006Site-news

Take it away Antoinette…

I’m a huge Wes Anderson fan. Just…really huge fan. Anyways, Wes is doing a film in India with Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman, Anjelica Huston, (of course) Owen Wilson and supposedly – according to an Indian tabloid – NATALIE PORTMAN! Here’s someone’s comment from IMDB:

The tabloids here report that they are currently shooting in Udaipur and Jodhpur, both cities in the desert-palace state of Rajasthan. It also mentions that its a story about three brothers – Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman – who journey through India. “The script has been co-written by Roman Coppola , son of Francis Ford Coppola, and Schwartzman. We hear that Wilson and Anderson took a ride in the second-class compartmnet of an Indian train for research. The crew is expected to shoot in India till February. Actress Anjelica Huston and Natalie Portman also star.”
The quoted statements are taken from the article which appeared in HT Style (December 10, 2006), which is a supplement of one of India’s top newspapers Hindustan Times. You can log on here
to see the article as I cannot find it elsewhere. However, you have to be a registered user to access it.

I’m also a huge Wes fan and with Natalie rumoured to have shot a short film with Wes early this year, it’s certainly plausible. Hopefully we’ll find confirmation soon.

UPDATE

Firstly, I forgot to mention that the film is The Darjeeling Limited and we just received confirmation that Natalie will be joining the cast in India, although I’m still not sure how big a role it is. If anyone is able to get their hands on the script…

Again, this is FANTASTIC news.

• N-a-t says:

That would be cool…

• amo says:

so that’d be “the darjeeling limited”: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darjeeling_Limited

• Jenski says:

Unbelievably awesome news! God, I hope this is true. If so, do you think they’d put the short film on the DVD?

• clone says:

I dont think she would do it since she’s been working too hard. she needs a brake from acting.I hope she doesnt die at the age of 27 like padme did. she could by catching cancer.

• thierrry123 says:

could it be this movie

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

• rafael28 says:

That is the greatest new ever!!!
    I love Wes, it’ll be so weird seeing Nat doing this type of comedy

Sorry, I thought they mentioned the name in the article. Its definitely The Darjeeling Limited that they’re talking about.

• knowme says:

You guys know the game “6 degrees of separation?” Well, I think there is only like 2 degrees of separation between the Coppola family and everyone else! I didn’t even know he had a son but now we know there is this Roman, plus Sofia of course, plus you know Jason Schwartzman is their cousin, so naturally he works with him on the movie. All of Hollywood is a Coppola, LOL! 🙂

• Dana says:

If this is a joke… I may cry.

I hope it’s a more successful venture than “The Life Aquatic”…

• amo says:

yeah, anderson has said he’s not doing “the fantastic mr fox”, anyway

• Kadaj says:

i agree with your enthusiasm, here at the com. By there characters slated to appear, I think depth and range will be there… Wes Anderson, has that quite humour in his films, not just going for the sitcom laugh and applause form the audience. Bottle Rocket is a dimond in the rough, while Rushmore is so pure after the first viewing. So this mentioned film being shot in India? Well add some more interest to his body of work, the foreign film.

• Bou says:

Great new!!!

I just think she has only a small part on the movie, as in “My bluberry nights”, because her name is just announced as the end… But, to be honest, I always prefer Natalie’s performances on small roles (Cold Mountain), I think she is always perfect because she is not under pressure.

Maybe it could be a poll, Dazza… Why do you think Natalie always got supporting roles on movies? Sometimes those roles are very important (closer, V for vendetta), but she has never been the only leader in a movie: Hoffman, Weaving, Bardem, Johansson, Sarandon… always big names with her. I don’t mean I don’t like the roles she choose (most of the time supporting roles are better, according to me), but I just hope she could have a real big role, one day. As Kirsten Dunst for Marie Antoinette or Scarlett Johansson for Queen of Scots. The real leading role. And I would prefer an historical role… Hey! another poll! Who can she play? Jeanne D’Arc, Mother Theresa, Magaret Thatcher (I would adore her in this role! lol)… Anyone got an idea?

• thevoid99 says:

I think it’s the Darjeeing Limited. I hope it comes out next year though I’m not sure of its status. Still, Natalie in a Wes Anderson film. That’s cool.

• AProfessional says:

Uhhhh…whoz Wes Anderson again???

• Sanjiro says:

Get out.

I don’t agree that Natalie only does supporting roles. She was the co-lead in Leon, ABH and V for Vendetta. Closer was an ensemble. And she was the sole lead in WTHI. And regarding her upcoming films, Boleyn and Magorium are also not supporting roles. Not sure about Goya though.

• Sak says:

Way to go little busy bee.

• fanatical610 says:

I like the Wes Anderson regulars, they’re very quirky and talented. What is this like the 4th film Nat has done in a row? I’m pleased she’s working so hard and it’s also nice that each film seems different from the last. You go girl!

• _Anyathe says:

With Angelica Huston! Awesome, I love her.

• fanatical610 says:

There’s a photo and some info about the filming on this blog

• fanatical610 says:

Just for credit, I found out about the blog on ohnotheydidnt. There’s some good stuff on there sometimes.

• preterNATural says:

India – sweet! When you look at all of the interesting and diverse locations NP has shot films so far in her career, her agent might also be considered a TRAVEL agent!

• wesfan says:

Hey Dazza. I’m the one who sent this in. Where’d you get confirmation that Natalie is doing this?

Anyways, if anyone’s interested here’s a picture of the guys on set…and hope someone gets the script up soon!!!

• rafael28 says:

the confirmation is twice as fantastic

• Thom Yorke says:

Clone, are you seriously 31 years old? cause every time i read one of your posts i see an 8 year old at the keyboard..

Wes is great and The Life Aquatic was an awesome movie, also Bill Murray is the best actor ever.