A Merry Mathilda Xmas

By December 24, 2006Site-news

Hi guys

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

While we wait for Sanjiro’s update (assuming he doesn’t blow it off to play final fantasy) I have a little Mathilda annoucement. Sunburn (view some of his other work here) has been working very hard on the visuals and things are coming together nicely. I think that things are finally on course again but there is a TON of work to get this where I want it.

For your viewing pleasure, here is the poster.

Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

Enjoy the rest of the day and be sure to check back later for Sanjiro’s opus.

• eatpaste says:

LOOKS LIKE A MAN

• Andy7207 says:

Looks cool to me.

• Davy says:

Execution is great!

• imakemloose69 says:

Looks great!!!! can’t wait for the entire novel. makes me want to watch LEON:THE PROFESSIONAL!!! lol.

• MichelAlexander says:

Looks great. I love it! Now if only the movie….

• AProfessional says:

Mathilda used to hav long hair…Hmm, I guess she appealed to the times now that Natalie has short hair. She looks mature n ready…Props, guys. Itz great.

• AProfessional says:

Oh! And…Merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah! ETC…:D

• thierrry123 says:

merry x-mas to everyone

• My says:

Looks great but I’m not digging the haircut. I’d rather see her in the famous haircut she had. Anyways, it’s just my opinion.

• Thea says:

Amazing artwork but i dont really like scratches on her face cause i think they are not necessary. Everything else is super duper the best.

• My says:

Could have been better if she had on the Matilda haircut not a butchy one.

• tito says:

Oh wow, that’s some badass art.

I have a question. Is Mathilda’s look inspired by the fact that Natalie’s hair is currently short? If Natalie had never shaved her head, how do you think the character of Mathilda would have turned out differently?

• Sak says:

Merry Christmas to all np.com staff and fellow fans, and of course happy holidays sweet Natalie.

Regarding Sunburn’s work it looks just great. He got Nat’s expression exactly. Looking forward for more…

Tito – Having the same cut she had as a child was not an option (and imo not very realistic). We want to try and distance ourselves from the film. The reason for having it cropped short…there is a practical reason and an emotional one. It sure helped that she recently had a similar cut but that wasn’t the reason.

• brishen says:

Sweet. Almost painfully so.

• N-a-t says:

Awesome!

• guinevere_naberrie says:

Oooo snap! that’s hot!

• fanatical610 says:

Merry Christmas everyone! That poster kicks ass. I think the facical features are spot on and the haircut is badass.

• rené d'ancanto says:

wow it’s awesome.

it’s awesome. the look on her face looks great.the pose,the background, the coloring.wow. excellent job Steven.

• stfu says:

that is just MADE OF AWESOME! amazing work!

• Jeroen says:

The poster looks awesome, Dazza.
    Good job.

• AProfessional says:

I think itz really, really good, but I totally think the haircut makes it more Natalie than Mathilda…Well, I mean, unless that was what u were tryin to achieve…In that case, itz great, rele! 😀

• Bloody Fork says:

Looks great! Will be donating hopefully towards the end of Jan. because when you were asking for donations earlier it is to close to christmas, and I never have spare money around the holidays.

Lol, how can it be more Natalie than Mathilda…they’re the same person!

Look, I know there are lots of people who would want her to look and act exactly like the little girl from the film. But I’ve just never had any interest in doing something like that. There will be nods to the film but that’s all. It’s better to look at this as something new, otherwise I promise you’ll be let down.

• plop says:

Sorry, but nothing helped from my attemo to write this…

Ok, the drawing ROCKS!!!!. Excelent draw. Just share the dislike about the scratches, but I suspect it is more about the emotion the drawer was triyng to give to the character.

About the so argued hair cut. WAAAARRRR!!!!!. The child hair cut of Mathilda in the movie is too worried about hair cut for a hit man (Dazza, thats the meaning of sicario: some one who kills for money. I thought the word could exist in english, as other derivates from latin) even if this time is a “hit woman”. a killer must be practical, hard, and dificult to identify, so if you can give a false image of your self, better chances to survive. And of course, I reconciliated with women in short hair from v4v, so hate me every body.

And finally, it looks like Dazza real name appears there (maybe I was the only one that didn´t know what was it).

Really, it´s looks amazing. Let´s hope this time… If so, was good to spect.

• plop says:

And yeah, Happy holidais every one! (that´s seems to mean to me: to each one his particular holiday. If not even on that can we be agree… And yes, I am one of those that begin talking or writing and don´t appreciet what the right time to stop. Not to talk about english grammar and orthography, as you see)

The name isn’t much of a secret as anyone who has ever received an email from me would attest.

• plop says:

More or tess what I though

• plop says:

And the draw profile shows breasts so doens´t look so male (if you forget the menacing fist with the gun)

• AProfessional says:

How can Natalie and Mathilda be the same person? Phisically? Of COURSE! But my point is that if u think that way then Mathilda will end up with Gael Garcia Bernal and filming Star Wars prequels…LOL…

I dont mean this offensively, REALLY. Im just saying that the inspiration for Mathilda’s haircut looks like it came more from Natalie’s personal look rather than from Natalie’s look as Mathilda…and that’s ok.

But, honestly, wherever the inspiration truly came from, I’m not let down by the poster AT ALL, really. In fact, I think it looks GREAT. 😀

• Sanjiro says:

i think what dazza was saying is if, as you admit, physically they are the same person, how can one look more like the other? i was always pretty sure mathilda was gonna look like Natalie when she grew up.