some more Prague

By January 31, 2007Site-news

I know you guys are still buzzing about the Prague premiere so thats going to be the focus of this update.

We can begin with Lainey’s opinion of the appearance, which includes a tidbit about The Hasty Pudding Awards…? Thanks to Jenski.

Next up are some clips of the premiere and press conference. They’re all in Czech but might be worth checking out all the same. My connection isn’t the best at the moment so I was only able to get the first clip. Hope you all have better luck.

Rapidshare link – Nat uses Borat’s favourite word

Stream 1
Stream 2
Stream 3 (at the end)
Stream 4 (go to “M Forman v Praze”)

Thanks to Misha, Bou and Holister.

The feedback about the premiere appearance is among the most positive I have ever seen. So we know she looked great, but just how great? Yup, its a new poll.

And here are the results of the last poll:

What is your favourite moment of 2006?

Nat’s first SNL appearance 38.44% (276 votes)

V for Vendetta 34.12% (245 votes)

Nat signs up for The Other Boleyn Girl 8.91% (64 votes)

The Harpers Bazaar shoot 5.15% (37 votes)

Nat and Gael back together 4.18% (30 votes)

And silly with Letterman 2.09% (15 votes)

Nat gets serious with Charlie Rose 1.81% (13 votes)

Nat signs up for The Darjeeling Limited 1.81% (13 votes)

Nat goes blonde 1.67% (12 votes)

Nat signs up for My Blueberry Nights 1.53% (11 votes)

No surprises there.

And finally, The Askmen poll was concluded and Natalie ended up in 22nd place (down from #9 last here). Click here to see what they have to say. Thanks to Jason.

Seeya soon

• Garcy says:

wtf did she say? haven’t seen borat….

“Jagshemash” which means “How are you?”

• Mac81 says:

Is it usual in Czech to spell names differently from their original spelling? You can see it in the 4th stream (“Natalie Portmanova”).

Mac *wondering*

Well I know womens names in Russian end in ova/eva/aya so I guess its the same principle.

• knowme says:

Okay, we all know that she looks absolutely BEYOND splendidly gorgeous at premiere. Amazing!! What I am curious about though is, when she goes “on the road” like this for premiere, does she take her own beauty people with her, like her makeup artist Janeane and her stylist etc, do they actually personally fly over to Prague with her, as some stars have their people do? Or, does she have them find local people in Czech Republic for the hair, makeup, stylings, etc? Just curious. This is a MUCH better look than most of the dresses she wore at the V premieres I think, I commend whoever her new style team is now- she looks breathlessly divine!

• Holister says:

We add “ova” to most czech names, but I personally think people shouldn’t do that to foreign names, unfortunately they usually do.

• thevoid99 says:

She likes Borat!!! Hi-Five!

Well Nat was just using a Czech sentence and the character of Borat does the same.