guess what

By March 8, 2007Site-news

Nothing is happening.

I have been busy the last couple days but that isn’t the reason I haven’t updated. The real reason is that there just is no Nat news right now. I doubt it’ll last for long but just in case, I thought I would issue a mini contest of sorts.

I want wallpapers. I toyed with the idea of having a theme but for now I’ll just leave it wide open. So as long as Natalie is in there somewhere I don’t mind if its classy or crazy. The resolutions should be either 1280×1024 or 1024×768.

So throw something together, send it in and I’ll set up a poll for viewers to vote on a winner.

Speaking of polls, here are the results of the last one:

What do you think of George Lucas’ comment that Natalie will not be in Indy 4?

Disappointed 36.19% (253)

Relieved 27.61% (193 votes)

Relieved and disappointed 23.46% (164 votes)

Lucas is lying 11.87% (83 votes)

I think I would probably fit in the “relieved and disappointed” category. Even though I am incredibly over Lucas and Harrison Ford, I’m actually quite a fan of Spielberg. Since he made Hook there is only really one movie of his that I outright hated. An imaginary ferari for the first person to guess it.

Anyway, time for a new poll. I wanted to do this a couple weeks ago but Natalie’s LA appearances got in the way.

Get Voting!

The one bit of news today is this blurb about Natalie’s secret serum. If that sounds stupid its because it is. Thanks to Marina.

And finally, Jen sent in the one piece of fanart for today.

Hopefully I’ll be back with some decent news soon.

• plop says:

The pic of the poll is wonderfull. I shoudl go with the first and the last options (my “borat” moment) and a hi res version (it would be great enough if is a hi res of the actual pic).
    Just kidding, but, may be, the Steven Spielberg movie that Dazza hates could be issue for a poll. And about the fan art… is curious; no pic of Nat and STILL interesting

• thierrry123 says:

“war of the world”?

that is a terrible movie.

• chandrasonic says:

“An imaginary ferari for the first person to guess it.”
    Is it A.I.?

• GVCarroll says:

Always? That’s the obvious one.

That imaginary ferrari is still up for grabs.

• fanatical610 says:

The Terminal?

We have a winner ๐Ÿ™‚

• fanatical610 says:

Yesss! While not being his best, it was kinda interesting though? Still haven’t seen Munich yet.

• GVCarroll says:

Damn. I was going to say Terminal. So much for the obvious. ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh well. I drive a Volvo station wagon. What use for a Ferrari do I have? Everyone knows Volvos are chick magnets.

• GVCarroll says:

“Always was before Hook. Thought A.I was fantastic and thought War of the Worlds was one of the best blockbusters from the last few years (despite the crappy ending).”

I have issues with a handful of Spielberg movies, including those two, but the thing is, even his worst is generally a lot better than a whole slew of stuff out there, and when he’s good he’s really good. So I forgive the occasional misstep. Besides, he’s gong to have the occasional turkey just on percentage. Dude makes a lot of movies.

• jenr1215 says:

is it me, or does this picture look like Thomas from True?

• WGLucas says:

Well ..i?m sure Nat is so intelligent that can makes Indiana 5 or 15 0r 255 without George Lucas in it.

• Zev says:

Well, dazza… it better be between ‘The Minority Report’ and ‘Saving Private Ryan’.

• Zev says:

Oh, and Evolution was terrible too.

• JorgeRibeiro says:

Good job Dazza. That was a decent update considering nothing much is happening in Nat’s world. Also, I really liked the graffiti fanart sent in by Jen. So cool.

By the way, how do I send pictures or wallpapers to the website?
    And is there any restrictions about where I get em from along as they arent copyright?

• Sak says:

Evolution was a great idea with a really crappy implementation, script included. Pity. As far as i know A.I. was written mostly by Stanley Kubrick and finished by Spielberg and the transition is obvious. I’d prefer it to end when the boy found his ‘fairy’ eternally gazing at her. The rest looks superfluous.

• clone says:

I think the reason why there isnt any news of natalie is because she is resting in her beatiful home with charlie. she has been working and traveling alot for over a year, and needs a brake.

I sujest that our NY photographers keep an eye out for her. maybe she’s even shovelling the snow off her house.

Evolution wasn’t directed by Spielberg so I’m not sure why its being mentioned.

Kubrick actually wrote the ending that we see in A.I. I think the ending is a bit misunderstood. On the surface its a bit sentimental and somewhat of a happy ending but if you look a bit deeper there is a whole other meaning.

Jorge – Just email them to me (JPEG not BMP files please).

• Sak says:

Really? I would swear it was the other way round with A.I. Didn’t knew. Still the ending feels a bit out of place.

• goya says:

I think she is in Mexico , I read in a blog that she attended the Coldplay concert last saturday , with Gael.
    Peace out

Goya – Link?

Sak – You’re not the only person to be surprised by that. The other interesting thing was that Spielberg actually added the Flesh Carnival and Rogue City parts, which most people seem to feel are the most Kubricky of all.

I know a lot of people see the ending as happy but I just can’t see how that holds up to any scrutiny. Any happiness is utterly hollow and empty. In the end David never got his real love. It was all an illusion. In the end Pinocchio never became a real boy and the question is posed, “Who or what is behind our own feelings of love?”

Besides, that section of the film gives us the advanced Mechas. Its a fantastic payoff to see how they have developed. The situation between David and his mother has completely flipped. Now they are creating a “human” so that David can feel loved. The film had come full circle.

There’s just so much more to chew on than if it had ended under water. But that’s just my opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

• Claudia says:

I want to send a wallpaper. what’s the email? I don’t see it anywhere.

There is an email link at the end of every update. Just click my name.

• Zev says:

Well, he was Evolution’s executive producer… which is just as bad.

• Diano says:

I like that picture!

• Sak says:

A valid opinion that is. I have to admit i didn’t gave it so much thought but from what i recall the way you describe it makes the ending worthy of Kubrick.

• aglaya says:

hello, i just need to say this: today i went to the cinema to watch the film that ill be wainting for so long, i watched paris je tยดaime, and it was a very beautifull film, that leaves you with the feeling of happynes and a bit of sadnees at the same time,, i really good movie, its totally worth to wait that long, :):_

Zev – No, it’s really not. A director makes a film and is responsible for what you see on screen. An executive producer can have many different roles but its typically not very hands on and has more to do with securing and handling the business side of things.

• clone says:

Goya, she isnt in mexico cause she’s in her home relaxing. you got to remember, a woman like natalie needs a relaxing life too, and she misses good old charlie.

charlie is her dog.

last year, she worked alot and traveled alot, this year, she’ll be relaxing more.

I did hear she was one of those females to get the part as 99 in get smart, but anna heatheraway got it. I think anna heatheraway is perfect for that part.

• clone says:

oh by the way dazza, what do you mean I was crying in my padme blanket, since you dont know who i really am, and since i dont have a padme blanket.

I’m not crying. its alright that she isnt in indy 4, cause GL might think of putting natalie in indy 5 as indy’s sons girlfreind.

• plop says:

Clone, be carefull. By the way, I would like to have a Padme blanket, but only from Ep.II. And how is it that people doesn’t identify a joke when is before every one’s nose?

• plop says:

Better than the blanket, the sheets