Mexico to Cannes

By March 16, 2007Site-news

Evening

Before I begin I just want to point out that the wallpapers from Sanjiro’s update were all in contention for the wallpaper poll. The fanart for today are wallpapers I received after the 10 pics had been chosen.

If you haven’t voted yet, what are you waiting for?

Right, onto todays update…

The big news of the day is that My Blueberry Nights has been chosen to open the Cannes Film Festival. I may be slightly off on the exact date but I think the premiere will be on the 16th of May. Thanks to Thierry for this sexcellent news!

Another of Natalie’s big 2007 films is The Darjeeling Limited. Harper found an interesting article about the film. Even though Natalie is only mentioned in passing it’s worth a read. I hadn’t heard that Bill Murray was playing the father before this…more sexcellent news!

I’m sure this next item is going to birth a heated discussion in the comments section. TAMARA CERNA found a video from the Coldplay concert in Mexico and thinks that we can see Gael, Gwyneth Paltrow and Nat. It seems pretty conclusive that they were there but is this them?

Rounding off the news are two finds from Marina.

The first is a brief snippet from an interview about Israel. Ah yes, the return of the Mickey Mouse analogy. Oh how I’ve missed it so.

Pervs of the world can rejoice as Closer is coming to Blu-ray in May.

Let’s ride into the sunset with some more fanart.

Ben kicks things off with this wicked wallpaper.

Portfan sent in these 4 wallpapers.

One
Two
Three
Four

And finally, here is some fanart from Sonia. Sonia is eleven years old and reads the site with the help of her mom…that scares me more than the clown from IT. I think its great that there are kids who are fans of Natalie but I do worry that we occasionally do things that kids probably shouldn’t be reading.

I better find a mormon to update the site when Magoriums is released.

Night

• Chewbacca says:

You know what? The Cannes news is just GREAT!!! Hope sge’ll be able to go.
    And why not hand in hand with Gael…

• N-a-t says:

All the photos are just great!And the new about Cannes also:)…

• bou says:

Nat. In France. For my birthday. Can’t believe it.

There is just a thing that scared me. WKW’s new project as been really critized here, in France, because many professionals think his talent cannot work with “hollywood” actors, and that it sounds wrong. And the Cannes festival is well known to be very cruel to movies they don’t appreciate. It was the case for Marie-Antoinnette, next year. I’m just afraid Blueberry will not be acclaimed…
    Buuuut! If Nat is here, with whatever she wants except a black dress and wellies boots, I think it will be MY day. Maybe she will turn to the crowd and say: “Hey!! That’s Bou!!! Happy Birthday little Bou!! You’re prefect!! You’re the best! I love you! Oh oui, je t’aime!! “.
    Ok. Tomorrow, I’ll stop Jack Daniels. I promise.

• JenR1215 says:

ooooe, Ben… :P!!

I watch (V) in HD last night, that was always. The commentary was bad frig’n ass, they shows BTS vids in lil [ ] screens, and shows then then talking.

(V)

• fanatical610 says:

I thought Ocean’s 13 was opening Cannes? But Blueberry Opening is better especially if Nat attends. I can only really make out Gael in the pics. That mickey mouse comment is exactly the kind of thing that causes a riff between Nat and her fans. I wish she wouldn’t see it that way though. She may see it as just a picture but to a fan it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is always a difficult topic.

• thevoid99 says:

I hope “My Blueberry Nights” is finished by the time at the Cannes Film Festival.

The last time Wong Kar-Wai premiered a film at Cannes, it was for “2046”. He had to push the film’s premiere to another day because he just got the film out of the lab and premiered in its unfinished form (due to the the unfinished special effects).

He did a similar thing where a week before Cannes in 2000, he was doing some last-minute shooting and editing in Cambodia for “In The Mood for Love”.

I wanna see what excuse he has next.

Plus, the Darjeering news is cool.

• minimaggit says:

Well, i would think that sonia’s mother probably censores when she feels it’s neccessary, so don’t worry.

And blu-ray IS perverse.

• gabriota says:

Ha! Mormon at your service. 😀

• _Anyathe says:

You can’t be responsible for everyone who reads your site, so don’t worry about it too much. Hey, if you did have control over it, where would clone be? 😉

Nice wallpaper, Sonia. 🙂

• JorgeRibeiro says:

Wow, nice update Dazza. Some great wallpapers. I really liked number 4. Cool eyes. By the way, I think that is Nat, Gael, and Gwyn at the Coldplay concert.

PS. Coldplay and Sigur Ros RULE! 🙂

• natalka says:

for all I know the people in those pics from Mexico might be my next-door neighbors..!! I used to take better pictures with my cell-cam three years ago :O

And although I might believe that the dark-haired guy wearin glasses is Gael, I don’t see a petite brunette (nat) or a tall blonde (paltrow) anywhere?

You can’t see the blonde who looks like Paltrow? Heh, I thought my eyesight was bad.

• Thom Yorke says:

Bill Murray is god.

• bou says:

it’s clearly Paltrow, but it is obviously not Nat. Doesn’t look like her. The guy has a Gael look, but I don’t think it is him too. All I can say is it seems the two are really bored by the show!! 😉 (don’t kill me my friends. I don’t like Coldplay.)

• plop says:

Okay, in the Mexico pics Mrs. Gwyneth seems omre or less clerarly there, and there is a good chance for one guy there to be Gael, but just to have read that Natalie was there can make any one see her there¡¡ So i don’t think clonewill surrende (wild english rules¡).
    I thought wicked was something like evil or twisted mind, so i don’t see the wicked thing about that wallpaper (peace, nevertheless. If i was compared with Borat, maybe i have lost the ability to see wikced tones).
    Every one wish a time to be unnoticed. But no matter how a right that is, when you are famous that isn’t a big probability. Even if it is a right. And many men -like me- are afraid to approach to the beautifull girls, and if famous…
    Sonia choos a beautifull pic, and seems to undertands us pretty well (girls mature faster and sooner than boys) and “kids” now aren’t what they were. Very good point that of reading the site with parents. It was clear to me that Dazza was happy to be able to finally take the site to an “adult mood”, and now feel scrupulous again… But there is nothing bad about scrupulous. If i had to choose, i prefer people with scrupulous than skill.
    And Bou. I could say the same. I understand perfectly. I wouldn’t dare to write that OPENLY because… i am shy and don’t drink Jack Daniels. Peace, just a joke (i should be ashamed that a girl writes what i think¡¡¡. But, that’s in me can be considered thoughs?)

• henrik says:

the thing with the little kid reading this site is really cute, but at the same time also akward.
    but with her mom reading the news for her, i’m sure her mom takes care of the naughty stuff (i.e. leaving it out).

• natalka says:

dazza – it ain’t that I can’t see the blonde. The quality’s so bad that no one can’t be sure that even is a blonde..!
    I mean, that blonde could even be me and I wouldn’t even be one hundred percent sure..! :S

• hatikva says:

I’m with fanatical610. Many Nat fans do not want to treat her like a giant Mickey Mouse doll and objectify her. Many fans are just people like me (and probably Sonia), who saw Star Wars and Leon when they were little girls and found a role model who was incredibly smart, funny, compassionate, and beautiful. Most fans don’t want to scream her name or shoot pics of her; many of the hardcore ones quietly admire her on forums like this because they don’t want their perceptions of her crushed if they do meet her in real life.

Nice picture choice, Sonia!

Bill Murray is great.

I can see Paltrow and Gael, but I only see something that could be Nat’s face shape in one of the pictures. Too blurry.

• maiscedu says:

It’s clearly Gael, he’s got an almost “whimsical” style and we can see it’s him or someone who looks a lot like. I think it’s Gwyneth too, she’s like Nicole Kidman: definetly not just another person among the crowd. But there’s no way we can confirm is Nat in there with them, althoug I strongly believe in that. She likes Coldplay and is dating Gael, who lives in Mexico, so…

Very nice pic of MMWE, Nat looks so cute 🙂

• Sak says:

Hooray to Sonia and her mom, it’s nice to see Nat inspiring the youth.

The interview’s most interesting part (the one about Israel), was the repetition of Nat’s (possible) directional debut. Go ahead Nat…

I was at the movies last night to see Aronofsky’s “The fountain”. Amongst the trailers there I saw “Goya’s Ghost” ‘s trailer. That’s great news cause i had started loosing faith that i was ever going to see the film here. As for the fountain there are two things i can say: “wow” and “ouch”.

• momokitty says:

I can only see Gwyneth and Gael. I don’t see Natalie…maybe if I squint my eyes real hard, I’ll see her. LOL

The Fountain needs to hurry up and get to DVD already.

• Sak says:

Well it’s on my DVD buying list too, since yesterday that is. Great, although painful, film.

• Stress_Sponge says:

um….
    well, i still know like nothing about My Blueberry Nights, but its cool its opening Cannes

and… did Sonia draw that fanart, or put it together.

off to imdb to figure stuff out about My Blueberry Nights. 2007 certainly seems like it’s going to be the year of Nat.

I found the ending to be incredibly cathartic. Tough and really sad up till that point but at the very end I was almost euphoric.

• Sak says:

True. The ending provided for a fulfilling solution, although i have to admit i felt crushed with Izzi’s death.

• thierrry123 says:

Dazza have you ever seen the movie “Developing”?

• Jenski says:

Well, I sent Dazza an email about the clips that are out from Goya’s Ghosts. If anyone wants to see them they should head over to Egotastic.

Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to be talking about and linking to those clips on the main page.

• MoRawk says:

“the beautiful Natalie who is looking at you” …

Thats the most.. the most everything iv’e ever read, knowing who it comes from make it so real.. cool

Peace

• Bellatrix says:

What’s the deal with the Mickey Mouse comment? I’m clearly missing something here…

• goya says:

I have found some Goya’s Ghosts’ clips in Egotastic! Yep, really scary , I saw the movie in spanish, I think Javier in english is even worse, which is really difficult…
    Nat’s performance is very good, though..!

• life_is_a_cereal says:

Oh man. Just saw the Goya footage at Egotastic. That’s pretty fucked up. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to see that in theaters. Kind of feel like throwing up right now.

• dittygrain says:

egotastic had some Natale clips from Goya’s Ghost online (yes, “those” clips). They’re pretty disturbing more than anything, but her acting is superb so it may be worthwhile to watch.

• Jenski says:

I’d just like to clarify that I didn’t send in the link because “it’s Nat and she’s nude!!!11”. I sent them in because she’s fucking amazing in those clips. I’ve seen torture scenes in movies and mostly, they had no effect because the actors couldn’t deliver but it was downright painful to watch those things because of Nat’s acting.

• Mockingbird says:

I just hope WKW can edit it in time. I guess Cannes is looking for some credibility again after having the DULL Vinci Code (I’m so witty! But, seriously, that film actually put me to sleep.)open last year.

I am excited about Darjeeling even if Natlie only has a small part. I only just got into Wes Anderson after resisting him for ages and whilst I adored “Rushmore” and “The Royal Tenenbaums”but like a lot of people I was rather disappointed in “The Life Aquatic” so I’m hoping he’s back on form with this.

Has anyone in Nat’s camp actually confirmed directing or acting in a “A Tale of Love and Darkness”? I just don’t buy it. I’ve noticed Nat’s name gets attached to quite a few films “in production” i.e. looking for financing, like that Romeo and Juliet in Israel, and that “Bravo” or something one or that one with Debbie Harry and Nat supposedly playing a hooker that we heard about a few months ago that never come to anything and I doubt Natalie herself has even heard of.

I can definitely see Gwyneth and Gael in the Coldplay pics. I think Nat is in a purple top and is taking pictures with a cameraphone at the end.

• spoonbat says:

I’m really excited that My Blueberry Nights will finally be screened and Cannes of all places!!

As for the Gael thing, I don’t know, the pictures are too blurry to be conclusive. They are dating, and any idiot who says otherwise is delusional or lying but as for those specific pictures I don’t think it’s really conclusive.