more Cannes eye candy

By May 18, 2008Site-news

Hi again

Once again, Natalie hit the red carpet in Cannes today. This time she was attending the premiere of “La Silence de Lorna”. Thanks to Verstand.

Click the image for the gallery. We’ll be adding more later and note that the Indy gallery has also received a bunch of updates from Pasha.

• rwix says:

I prefer this dress than the dress she wore for indiana’s premier!!

• plop says:

Much, much, much better. Still the nails in black -i totally agree with the person who said that yesterday- and she needs 8 hours of sleep every day by a whole week… and i think the waving adds to the dress were too much, but she seems to have ended something: Maybe some sort of protest? That of yesterday was some kind of statement against movies like star Wars and Indiana Jones?

Or it was, at the opposite, a homage to Queen Amidala? make up? (almost joking)

• Lanie says:

It’s another bag. Nat, don’t do this to yourself! You have a body!

From the neck up its back to her elegant best. The dress is not so great up close and in certain angles but looks great in some of the distance shots. Love that colour on her.

Bottom line, she looks great and hopefully it will erase the nightmares I had last night of the black dress and red lipstick.

Any fashion forward folks have some theories as to why she never wears white or shades close to white?

OMG I can’t believe how many people like this dress. Oh my eyes! It’s one of her worst! I hate playing the best and worst dressed list person when it comes to Nat, but I have to say this dress looks ridiculous and is SO unflattering. A lot of you said she was covered up a lot in the other dress…it looks like a person would have to wade through all of those ruffles to find the rest of her body! Not liking the hair so much…it’s not awful…the right side and back look nice, but the left side, with that curly thing, looks silly. The makeup is MUCH MUCH better though…very nice and subtle. 🙂 And wasn’t the other dress navy blue?

It really is hard to find clothing to show off your body when you’re small (I speak from experience). However, in Nat’s case, pretty much any designer in the world would love to make a dress for her that would flatter every part of it I’m sure.

I think this makeup with the Indy premiere’s dress and hair would have been the perfect mix.

• planet-ex says:

Great makeup and perfect hair! The dress is meh! At least for me. I would love to see Dazza’s nightmare with that hair and makeup for the next apearance! 😉

• susan says:

i think that natalie just looks fantastic. so beautiful and elegant here. the color is beautiful, and although i agree with lanie, that she should stick to more formfitting styles, i adore this dress. ( lanvin perhaps? she is a huge fan, and ruffles are practically lanvin signature)

• clone says:

She’s like a purple flower.

• Carlotto says:

Hum… as a french, I reckon that it rather be “Le silence de Lorna” than “La silence” ^_^

• preterNATural says:

Nice to see so many red carpet appearances! Ausgezeichnet!

• jayde_darklighter says:

What is with her and frilly dresses? I really want to hit whoevers dressing her. Nice colour terrible and unflattering design…

• jayde_darklighter says:

Shes too pale would make her look utterly rediculous. She has pinkbased skin from the look of it and wearing white would probably make her look either washed out or very red.

• preterNATural says:

Dazza: She wore off-white to the Golden Globes for Closer. And other smaller events (check the galleries).

• imakemloose69 says:

I love ALL of Nats red carpet looks!!!! such a beauty!!!

• clone says:

she looks speachless!

• iloria says:

gorgeous dress and lovely make-up and hair!

• Pasha says:

God, what does she have against her waist?

• darkazuria says:

How many time does she stay at Cannes ? Because tomorrow (21th May) I go to Cannes with school and I would know if she will be there.

• teddy181 says:

oh come on, cut her some slack =)

she looks absolutely gorgeous, OK the Indiana premiere look was a BIT off but you still have to admit even if she wore an empty potato sack she’s probably be the most adorable and glowing person there =)
    thank god that there are still people who like to dress outside the box and wear something other than tight black dresses with cleavage down to Kansas and a mini skirt that leaves little to the imagination =)I think the dress fits her and her personality perfectly… the hair and makeup are flawless (as usual)
    gooooooooooooooooooooo nat!

• JenR1215 says:

well, i like the dress…

• tito says:

She looks nice, but what the hell is up with her hair? I don’t really get the style… and it’s hella frizzy.

Think they usually have the awards on Sunday so she’ll probably be there till then at least.

Love her hair in this set. I think the frizzyness is probably down to wind or something.

Despite my dismay about her Cannes dress (and yeah, she does kinda look like a purple flower Clone!), I totally agree with teddy181. I like uniquess, and she defintely picks some unique styles and pulls most of them off well. And yes, even with wearing a potato sack, she’d be the cutest one pretty much anywhere. 🙂