oh so pretty

By May 21, 2008Site-news

Hey guys

The new looks just keep coming out of Cannes. The other day I wondered why Natalie almost never whore white. Well, maybe she was listening if this dress from todays Cinema for AIDS benefit appearance is anything to go by. Thanks to Cherryvanilla and Terminator.

Click for gallery

UPDATE – The gallery above had lots of additions, including pics from the dinner itself. Thanks to Verstand.

UPDATE 2 – Yet more additions have been made, including Natalie on stage either dancing or having a seizure. Either way, she’s very excited.

Yesterday Natalie also went walking with her two favourite guys. Thanks to Valeria and Just Jared.

Click for gallery

When Cannes is finished I’m going to do a poll about all her red carpet looks from the festival. Think there have been some of her very best looks this past week.

I’ll be back with more very soon.

• Jenski says:

I LOVE the white dress. Sheer perfection.

• Lanie says:

Really? Wow. My reaction was: What the HELL is that?

• rwix says:

woww I imagine when she’s gonna get married.. with a white dress! omg she’s really gorgeous, these picture are of a lightness! love it <3

ps: Dazza your wish became reality x)

Could be one of my favourite dresses that she’s worn so far. Interesting, gorgeous, high fashion (to these uneducated eyes) and most important of all she looks great in it. Those legs…phwoar!

Pasha noticed that she has drawn on lower lashes. Man, she’s really taking all kinds of awesome risks at the moment. Love it.

• Mockingbird says:

She’s finally wearing white! Cool dress, it’s like architecture or origami. But who the heck is doing her make-up at the moment? It’s fine from far away but her eye make-up and fake eye lashes are unflattering and make her look tired and older and they haven’t blended the foundation/concealer properly.

• plop says:

Thigh, thigh, thigh… cpu melted.

The Attcak Of The Black Nails continues… Is she cryptogothic? Joking.

• goya says:

OMG, such a beautiful outfit!!

Whore white 😀

The dress is interesting. I don’t hate it, but I don’t know if I like it either. I’m conflicted!

• chewbacca says:

What shall I say… This dress reminds me of the one Bjork wore at the Oscars a couple years ago… They’re good friends after all aren’t they?
    But still…

• v4v says:

Natalie either dancing or having a seisure in a Frank Gehry-inspired dress. lol

funniest thing i’ve seen in ages

• Jenski says:

This is the best dress I’ve seen on the red carpet so far this year. Whoever made this dress is a God. The top is utterly amazing. Christ. And the way she holds herself when wearing it? You can tell she loves that dress as much as I do: look how she keeps posing in it, sticking her leg WAY out. Heh. Awesome.

• Garcy says:

So the dog’s a ‘lil dude?

• Pasha says:

The dress is Givenchy Haute Couture.

• Pasha says:

It’s a shame about her shoes though, they’re pretty ugly imo.

• Jenski says:

I was thinking that about the shoes too, Pasha. Very department store/junior prom compared to that dress.

I got the benefit of reading all of these comments before I wrote mine. That’s always good. I agree that the dress is “interesting.” I wasn’t surprised then when I read it was designed by Givenchy. She does look good in white and I like seeing her hair back. From afar her makeup looks fine…I didn’t closely examine the HD pics to look at her makeup. Overall, she looks very pretty, much happier and carefree in this set, which makes her face light up. 🙂 Or maybe it’s just the white. She reminds me of…a combination of a swan and a wedding cake.

Ahh, now I See what ya’ll mean about the makeup and the drawn on lashes…not so sure I like that. I like the shoes, I just don’t know if they go with the dress. It’s a very pretty look for her though. For some reason I see it as pretty more than beautiul or gorgeous. It’s kind of a “fresh” look or something. Okay, I’m done.

• teddy181 says:

I dunno if we’re allowed to post links but here’s the dress on the catwalk: http://www.shinystyle.tv/Givenchy%20collage-thumb.jpg
    I think nat should go with the shoes the model’s wearing =) otherwise, GREAT dress!

• jayde_darklighter says:

I agree it looks like origami, love the dress – in any colour other than white i think it would be too much, as it is quite a full on design. I dont think her hair suits the dress very well. Half up/half down curled would probably suit it more. But i have to say this is the first “frilly” dress she has worn that i can say ive liked

• Mockingbird says:

LOL! LOL! Those pictures of Natalie dancing/having a seizure are the best!

• chandrasonic says:

“whore white” 😀 that’s the greatest lapsus ever!

• sak says:

I don’t know what your talking about guys & gals. The white dress snaps are the best so far. A real royal swan.

Thanks for posting that pic teddy181! Those shoes definitely go with the style of that dress. I’m wondering if Nat’s legs would be too short to pull them off, as that model has much longer legs…typically you don’t want shoes that go high up on your legs (like way over the ankle as these are) if your legs are short, b/c they make your legs look shorter. I do think the shoes would be MUCH better than the ones she chose. Anything white would have been better than black. I DO think this dress looks MUCH better on Nat than on the model on the catwalk. 🙂

• anda says:

Haha, whore white. Anyhow, I think she looks STUNNING.