Natalie rocks the red carpet at Venice

By August 31, 2008Nat-news

As mentioned earlier, Natalie is attending the Kineo Diamanti al Cinema Award Ceremony at the Venice Film Festival, where she will be receiving a “Movies for Humanity” award.

Some of these photos are iffy. Some are good. And some, like the image below, are the amongst the very best images from a red carpet event.

Seriously, this is just perfection. Click the image for the full gallery.

UPDATE – Rachel keeps adding new images so keep refreshing the gallery. You can now see Natalie accepting the award and the check that she’s donating to the Jane Goodall Institute’s TACARE Girls Scholarship Program.

That sash is killing me. The dress isn’t much better.

Rachel, how how HOW can you find any fault with that photo?

Well, aside from the outfit, there’s the pose. Her posture is horrible.

• Mockingbird says:

I think she looks great. For such a tiny girl Natalie has fabulous legs. Love the dress-simple with a twist. Love the sash, it’s nice to see Natalie give her waist some sort of definition for once instead of yet another baggy dress.

The hair is nice despite my hate for those bangs but up close it is looking kind of fried. Funny that she barely seems to have fixed her hair up since the airport pics.

omgzrachel: I agree that Natalie’s can’t pose at all. That’s why she always looks so awkward on the red carpet. But one thing I have always noticed about her is that she usually has excellent posture like a ballet dancer: shoulders back and down and a long, lengthened neck, legs held straight.

• neimanmarcus says:

I think she looks slammin’. Anyone who knows where the dress is from? Into high fashion here.

• hmausiello says:

i think Natalie looks beautiful (as always) but I don’t like her bangs that much. but she is still one of the most beautiful women in the world.

• plop says:

In a close inspection, even the guy there working or whatever is looking at her. But I was sold for that pic when I realis¡zed that hers… pointing…

• downwithbears says:

No bangs anymore please.

I think Natalie should star in a stoner action-comedy with Paul Rudd.

I actually think she looks cute…it’s the first time since Cannes that I’ve seen her wear something I might wear myself (with a few changes). I really just want to get my hands on her hair though (that sounds creepy…but you know what I mean) and either put some gel in and use a blow dryer-diffuser for that soft, scrunchy curl look, or blow dry it straight, use a flat iron, and put on some smoothing serum. I wish she’d go back to a basic brown hair color. Thsi looks so dry and overprocessed. And a bit less makeup would be better. Ack! I sound so mean!

Nothing’s going to save that fried mess on her head but wacking it all off again. She looks so boring with long hair anyway. The pixie cut made her features stand out so much.

• Lanie says:

If she had the sash tied tighter to show she sort of has a figure, it would be way better.

I like the make-up though. She’s not wearing super-heavy eyeshadow, woo hoo!