Late entry?

By February 23, 2009Site-news

+1?

As you know, the first round of the Red Carpet Pic Battle is about to conclude. However, on the eve of round two, a pink spanner has been thrown into the works. Teo brought up what a lot of us must be thinking – “can’t we squeeze the new Oscar appearance into the competition?”

Well, I guess we could probably have a three way tie to make it 33 images instead of 32. But should we?

Your responses in the comments section will determine whether we include the Oscar appearance.

• robot says:

A three-way battle could work, and by the next round, things will be back to normal.

You could also just proceed with the pic battle as planned, and then at the end you put this Oscar appearance up against the winner. It’s kind of unfair, but if her gorgeous appearance last night can beat the winner in the end, then it’ll probably win its way there anyway.

However you do it, I hope the appearance makes it in, because wow.

• huc says:

Sure, why not?

• Kate923 says:

So you’d do a three way in round one, then move the top two onto round two so there is an even number again? Just wanna make sure I get it. I mean yeah, why not? Might as well give a few more a chance. Or wait – what was wrong with the wildcard again? Like pulling 5 of the looks that lost by the closest margin, do a pull, put that one up against the oscars in round 2?

• Dazza says:

If I had had the forethought I would have left one or two empty slots to have a wildcard runoff at the end. I don’t think its right to bring back eliminated appearances in the current set up.

Round 2 would be 15 1 vs 1 match ups with a 16th being 1 vs 1 vs 1, with the top vote getter going through to round 3.

• robot says:

Sounds good.

• Kate923 says:

Got it. I mean if people like it that much, I guess. I’m indifferent.

That’s a difficult one. Technically this should belong in a red carpet battle for NEXT year b/c it’s the only one so far for 2008, right? But she looks GORGEOUS and I kinda want to see the dress included here too. So yeah, once again, I don’t know.

• Dazza says:

Well there certainly won’t be another public pic battle for a number of years.

• Leelee says:

I think a three way battle sounds good. This look is definitely better than some others that got to the second round by chance 😉 I hope it makes it to the next round!

• sharhem says:

Thats a good idea! Let Oscar-Natalie in!!

• Lynda says:

let it in or i’ll kick your shin bones. it’s one of the best ever