Semi Final 2

By June 18, 2009Site-news

RIP, Cannes. Okay, so my favourite appearance is out, but I’ll live. It could hardly have been much Closer (pun intended), but the majority have spoken.

Next up, David vs Goliath.

Semi Final 2

• arf15beagle says:

I can’t believe the Venice look is beating out the Oscars. She’s NEVER looked better than in that pink dress. I take it the Oscars look is meant to be Goliath since it should win for being better? Well, now it’s David. C’mon David!

brb, dying forever @ that hot mess currently winning over her Oscars look. You are all smoking crack.

• Dazza says:

Oscar was Goliath. I know the Venice look has a lot of fans (of which I am one), otherwise it wouldn’t have gotten this far, but I expected a big win for the Oscars.

Still, there’s only 15 votes in it currently. Either of them could win it.

Only 15? I was seeing up in the hundreds before you commented.

Unless you mean like a 15 vote difference between the two, then that’s more accurate.

• pumpkin405 says:

Seriously agree with Rachel. The shoulders on the Venice dress make her look like an NFL player.

• Dazza says:

Yeah, maybe that’s not an American expression. I meant the difference.

• Dana says:

Celebrities so rarely pull off Rodarte but that colour of pink just doesn’t work on Natalie, IMO. It wins by default though only because I’m just not crazy about the Venice look.

• Jenski says:

I’m gonna come out and say it: I like the Oscar dress just not on her.

Sorry. Great color and whatnot, but it makes her look shorter than most dresses she’s ever worn. Also…the tan lines.

She looks tall and cutesexychic at the Venice appearance. The dress and hairstyle aren’t what I’d go with, but she pulls it off.

• Nannina says:

I actually really dislike the Oscar look. I’m not wild about pink in general, I don’t like the way it looked with her skin tone, her hair looks rigid, and I hate strapless dresses. But I know I’m in the minority. Still It hasn’t yet been the massacre that I was anticipating.

• Dazza says:

Separated by just 3 votes currently.

I confess that Natalie does not look that great in pink, but I think the dress itself is fab and I love her hair. But I cannot get over how hideous the Venice dress is and how wrecked her hair looks. She looks downright awful in some of the photos from that event.