Semi Final 2 Results

By June 23, 2009Site-news

A very close one but David has slain Goliath.

Perhaps it was a case of a lot of people voting AGAINST the Oscar look, because it seemed like such a front runner, rather than for Venice. Although Venice made it this far so perhaps I’m being unfair.

For me, the appearances were very close but for totally different reasons. The Venice look is jaw dropping in some pics and brow creasing in others. Whereas the Oscar look was more consistent but when I had to go through the gallery to choose images to represent it, it was actually quite a boring chore. Lots of “nice, nice, nice” but nothing that really made my eyes go wide.

The final will begin on Friday.

• Kate923 says:

Woooooo! Though I would be more excited if Venice were going up against the OTHER purple one, with the frillies. This choice seems kinda easy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dazza says:

RIP frillies.

• Jenski says:

I imagine Rachel reading this update and rolling her eyes. Maybe with a drink in her hand.

I honestly thought Oscar would win.

Both of the choices for the final blow. It’s going to be a tough decision. Awful in every way from the waist up in one, the opposite in the other. I guess it’ll be the latter.

• lanie says:

I’ll sit in the corner and weep. Au revior, Oscar-look. The one time I thought she looked truly fantastic!

It’s all in the luck of the draw too. Had the red Letterman dress NOT gone up against the Oscar one in the quarterfinals, I think it might have made it to the end, up against Oscar. Blah, I don’t know. I really don’t remember a lot of people totally LOVING this look except for ONE person (I think we know who that is) ;), but maybe it’s selective memory since it’s always been one of my least favorites. I agree with Dazza…I think more people were voting against the Oscar look rather than for the Venice one, and I thougth that might happen. I am really surprised at what has been chosen as Nat’s best two red carpet looks within the last…9-10 (?) years or so. I never would have guessed it. I think we could have done better. Then again, it’s just a silly survey.

• Kate923 says:

The Oscar look was like Susan Boyle, you know?
    It’s great, I’m sure, everyone loves it. But did it deserve to blow Letterman out of the water? It’s getting the public’s backlash 😀

If we’re using analogies, the last poll was like pitting William Hung against Susan Boyle. I don’t really buy the backlash after the pink dress pummeled such a fan favorite like the Letterman appearance. I’m chalking this up to plain old bad taste.

Bad taste…totally agree with that one.

• Dazza says:

Bad taste is just a way to say “not my taste”.