NYILY Trailer

By August 7, 2009Nat-news

You can view it below or you can head over to Apple to enjoy it in much better quality.

• huc says:

ROFL
    “oh come on! talk to me! what did I say?!”

• teatray says:

wonder which bits are from Natalie’s short (the one she’s directed)

I was wondering that myself, teatray.

• spoonbat says:

Wasn’t it the one from the park where the black guy and the little girl are running around? I think he was a Cuban dancer?

I don’t know why that pops up but it does.

Had I not known that I would say it looks pretty creepy. Assuming it wasn’t supposed to be his daughter or something.

• Garcy says:

I’m pretty sure it’s 0:47 – 0:48 because she cast the same little girl who played one of her daughters in “Brothers”.

• JenR1215 says:

im getting a vibe that Nats acting short is going to be the least interesting. hope im wrong. but i dont expect to be since i dont know why they had to make a another movie like Paris Je t’aime.

im so tired of that dance wedding chair shot of her smiling.

i dont like it when the same movie themes are made twice. its not unique anymore. kind of lame. im in a bitter mood today so i could be hating the movie right now, but spazzing over it tomorrow.

i think Nats directing short more deals with those children playing at that play ground.

I think I spotted 4 shots of from her short in the trailer.

The success of Paris was not “wow, what a great concept”. The success of that film and this one will come down to the films and what they make you feel.

• natpfan1 says:

What’s the song in the trailer? I know I heard it before but can’t remember the title.

Seems like there are some interesting shorts. =)

I have to confess I’m not really looking forward to this. It seems just a tad too try-hard, if you know what I mean.

natpfan1, the song is “1901” by Phoenix.

“It seems just a tad too try-hard, if you know what I mean.”

Not really 😛

But yeah, its always going to be hard to look forward to an anthology film. Because you know some of them will be great, some will be decent and some will be shit.

It just seems to me like it’s trying way too hard and is way too in-your-face with the OMG I LUV NEW YORK stuff. It lacks the subtlety Paris, Je T’aime had and looks terribly cliche. Sorry, I just can’t get a hard-on for every one of Natalie’s projects.

It’s a film about New York though. New York doesn’t do subtle. Maybe they’re just being authentic to the city 😛

But yeah, hopefully New York is more in the background of most of the films.

• rockla says:

lol @ omgzrachel “Sorry, I just can’t get a hard-on for every one of Natalie’s projects.”

• Jenski says:

This looks crappier than it should. The original line-up was better (like Park Chan-wook); I wonder why so many left the project.

The reviews were pretty good though. In fact, unless my brain is misfiring (normally its just my penis that misfires), I think the few reviews that compared the two films seemed to more often come out in favour of NY. Despite the first film having, on paper, a much better bunch of directors.