9th Annual New York Times Arts And Leisure Weekend

By January 9, 2010Nat-news

Natalie attended the 9th Annual New York Times Arts And Leisure Weekend at The Times Center in New York City today and I’ve updated the gallery with a few photos from the event. Thanks to Garcy for the heads up.

Rachel

Author Rachel

More posts by Rachel

• rockla says:

oh man, she looks ill – no offense…
    she is getting even thinner, if that’s possible. PLEASE EAT Natalie, we don’t want you to disappear.

She does look a bit more waifish than usual.

• rockla says:

she only eats vegetables, she’s doing ballet training at least 4 hours a day, and shooting a movie.
    she needs a more substantial diet to support that lifestyle. i’ll send you some vegan chocolate Natalie, let’s give you some lady lumps. hahah

• andrewlt says:

She does look thinner than usual, though still sexy to me. Maybe her Black Swan costar isn’t strong enough to spin her around otherwise. I’ve heard that ballerinas have to be really skinny so their male counterparts can carry and spin them around.

• lanie says:

Wow, she does look really skinny.

I see that a lot in my figure skater friends–the really skinny arms and legs when they shouldn’t be like that. I hope Natalie is okay.

I think this is what she signed up for. It was always going to be a mentally and physically demanding role. Mila and Natalie are no doubt suffering, but if the results show on screen then no doubt it will have been all worthwhile.

• dakota says:

natalie , go back to your brown hair and not this blond/brown disaster.

but beautiful as always:)

• v4v says:

Most ballerinas have an extremely low body fat percentage… ‘all muscle, no fat’ if you will. I guess Nat’s going with realsim, and with the amount of ballet training/filming she’s being doing, I’m not surprised at her current slim stature…..and note the closed shoes (I can only imagine the state her feet are in from dancing continuously on pointe).

Hopefully it’ll be worth it…..but I’m still kinda worried for her, I’ve never seen Nat this thin before.

• starprincess66 says:

she should just stop the vegan stuff so she can be healthy. but i love her outfit!!

MANY actors/actresses have gained/lost weight for movies. One noted experience was Matt Damon…what he did almost damaged his body. He lost LOTS of weight for Courage Under Fire and then did it again for The Talented Mr. Ripley. His doctor told him never to do that again or he’d start damaging organs. Recently it looks like he’s gained weight for The Informant. I don’t necessarily agree with actors doing this for their roles, but it’s their choice I suppose. Some might think it’s dedication but…I don’t know. I hope she’s doing it under a doctor’s care at least, and that she’s able to gain weight back when she’s done with the role. Contrary to popular belief, it can be just as hard to gain weight back as to lose it in some situations.

When I first saw a glimpse of the pic in the latest news I thought it was for an old one…she looks so young b/c she’s so tiny. However, I still think she looks very pretty overall, but in this instance the makeup is…too heavy and the colors don’t work for her.

For those wondering about Natalie’s dress, it’s allegedly from Rodarte’s Target line. You can find it in black here. More colors are available in stores.

• natsbrat says:

She looks unhappy to be there, overworked, a bit thin, and the long sleeves I think make her look more fragile by lengthening her arms. Her vegan diet isn’t a reason for thinness. I am an overweight vegan. Vegan food has calories too, protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. But you have to eat!

• spoonbat says:

I know it’s rodarte but if Nat’s wearing Target clothes to an event like this then I say this is her best photo op in recent memory solely for that reason.

Proves you can cheap and still classy.

• starprincess66 says:

the dress is cheap for nat!

Interesting about the dress being from Target. I am NOT at all a fashion maven, but isn’t Rodarte like a big-time designer or something? I’m going to feel really stupid if she’s worn his stuff before and I don’t remember. The name just sounds really familiar.

I saw Mila Kunis on Craig Ferguson last night (01/12). While she also now looks very thin like Nat and mentioned that she was doing a lot of ballet training, for some reason she didn’t look unwell. She looked tanned (not sure if it’s a tan or her natural skin color, but she seemed a bit darker), rested, and very happy. She was animated and adorable and silly and her dress was very classy, gorgeous, and it looked great on her…it was body-hugging and not just hanging on her. The interview was really funny and entertaining, but Craig always brings that out in people. 😉 Of course I covered my ears when she talked about “The Black Swan” b/c I’m silly about spoilers like that, but my fiance said she did mention Nat. I don’t know if it’s Natalie’s paleness and look of tiredness that is making her look so sickly, but Mila definitely looked healthier even though her arms looked like toothpicks.

• marinn says:

her lips look fuller than usual