Arts And Leisure Report

By January 9, 2010Nat-news

Dancegod was in attendance at the event yesterday and sent over this report, which ends with an interesting nugget of info.

I just got back from the NY Times event, and although it is not the first time I have met Ms. Portman, she has never been more stunning.I was planning on sending you a photo, but I am glad I didn’t take any.

I was in the front row, just 5 feet in front of Nat…they made a very forceful announcement about NO photos or recording of course….but I had my camera in my lap, intending to sneak a photo at some point…I decided against it though in order to be respectful…good thing…about 2/3rd of the way into the talk, Nat excused herself during the showing of one of her movie clips….we all assumed she needed a quick bathroom break, but a few moments after she left, the security team came a forcefully ejected a guy in the front row about 5 seats from me….it was obvious that Nat had been spooked, or more likely noticed him using his cell to tape her…she returned only after he was removed!

Her parents were in the house and she talked/referred to them often.
One interesting note I hadn’t heard….Nat said that Thor is going to be a 3 film commitment for her…a trilogy.

Clone is celebrating in the streets as we speak.

Well, let’s REALLY hope its good then. Natalie must have had Star Wars flashbacks as her pen hovered above the contract.

• dancegod says:

Yes, Nat did say that she is using what she experienced from Star Wars…what she learned, to better/improve the Thor experience.

• spoonbat says:

Either her agent tricked her into doing it somehow or they gave her an offer she couldn’t refuse. I’m guessing minimum 5 million for 3 films. Probably more. Probably ten to twenty million dollars for the whole thing, assuming this guy’s story is true.

I really hope this is just hype and bullshit. I have a bad feeling about this movie. Thor is so stupid and dumb a story as is. Maybe Branagh can pull magic from nowhere, idk. He certainly is lining up a nice cast, that’s for sure.

I wish him luck.

I’m interested in what else Natalie had to say at this shindig.

Speaking of Thor’s cast, Stuart Townsend reportedly dropped out and has been replaced with unknown Joshua Dallas. Second time he’s left a trilogy due to “creative differences.” 😛

• spoonbat says:

That blows. I’m a big Stuart fan. Loved him in LOEG.

Dancegod — may I ask, can you elaborate more on the speech?

Like tell us specifically what she talked about. You gave a little more info in the comment above but we would like to know more.

• Mockingbird says:

Thanks for the info, dancegod.

For her to sign a 3 picture deal actually makes me more optimistic about Thor. I doubt it was a decision she made lightly after the SW experience.