Black Swan Release Schedule

By November 26, 2010Nat-news

Rachel spotted the extended release strategy for Black Swan (in North America) over at the Fox Searchlight site.

It looks as if its 20 theatres on the 3rd of December. A further 41 theatres on the 10th. And it looks like a much more substantial roll out on the 17th.

As a courtesy, it’d be nice if you all abstained from watching the film until I get to see it in February. Much obliged.

Probably not going to get to see it until February, either. I live near the 7th largest city in the US and it’s coming to…. suburbs? That’s some bullshit, Fox Searchlight.

• Stefan says:

I don’t know why Black Swan starts on so many different days arround the world …
    In germany it starts on January, 20th … Very strange

Seriously, just give it a proper release before everyone bootlegs it. I understand how limited releases work, but it seems unnecessary with the huge amount of previous screenings and positive buzz surrounding this film on and offline.

SERIOUSLY??? I was getting excited about seeing it NEXT Friday and it looks like MAYBE I can see it the 17th at the earliest at a theater that is almost an hour and a half away! Trailers are starting to pop up on TV and I’m trying SO HARD not to be spoiled AGGH!

Not to mention photos and stuff on here. It’s hard to read the site with your eyes half closed, hehe. Yes please, everyone abstain! I know I’m ridiculous.

OHHH and the weekend of the 17th is when TRON comes out here, a movie my husband has been waiting to see since forever. SO that won’t be happening for sure…he’s only going to see Black Swan for me and doesn’t really care when we see it. But at least he is going to see it for me…gotta give him props for that. I’m going to keep checking that site constantly for updates tho.

• #1NatPortfan says:

Here in Puerto Rico it will be on December 23 2010.With all these promos and trailers out there it’s gonna be difficult to abstain from watching it,much less to wait untill it comes out on DvD.Sorry Dazza but im dying to see this film and can’t wait to see Natalie’s best film in her career.Come December 23!

• #1NatPortfan says:

I agree with omgzrachel,I think Black Swan should have been given a bigger release across the states and abroad.Perhaps Fox Searchlight underestimated the film being about ballet they believed it would not sell comercially,so they released it on limited theathers.After all this is about making money.But with all the buzz,hype and the oscar talks,Fox Searchlight’s decision to release the film in select theaters doesn’t make sense.

I agree with Rachael and #1NatPortfan. I remember the same thing happening with Garden State which was also from Fox Searchlight. But it was more independent and the actors were less well known. Could Fox Searchlight have something to do it? Is that typical of them? We had to go to a theater about 45 mins away to see it. Black Swan actually IS coming out on the 3rd here in CA in places like L.A., San Francisco, San Jose, etc. The closest is about 2 and 1/2 hours away from me. I’m not driving that far too see it tho, as much as I want to, so I guess I’ll be waiting until at least the 17th…90 mins away is away is not as bad. I’ll still keep checking the site every day tho.

Same thing happened here with Garden State. I had to wait TWO MONTHS after the release date, and it only stayed in our theater for a week! And I remember that movie being insanely popular, too. I’m going up to Dallas in December to visit my sister, so hopefully I’ll get to see BS when I’m there. :\

Yeah, I think December 17th will probably be the earliest for me, and probably not even that weekend because of the TRON release. If I wasn’t afraid to drive in SF I’d go next weekend, but that town scares me (driving-wise, it’s awful) and it’s 2 and 1/2 hours away. And I DO NOT like BART.