‘Thor’ Teaser Trailer

By December 10, 2010Nat-news

The Thor teaser trailer is here. Aaand…. it’s pretty much the same as the San Diego Comic Con teaser, just cut shorter and with a small sprinkling of new scenes (Natalie isn’t featured in any of them).

EDIT – Just to clarify, since there seems to be some confusion, Natalie is in this trailer, just not in any of the new bits.

Author Rachel

More posts by Rachel

• SimonShukla says:

Natalie <3 is in there from 1:40 onwards. And she looks good!!
    Maybe the only reason i'll watch it.

• clone says:

yeag omgzrachel, you need to open your eyes. Natalie’s in this trailor. Also Disney who will make the avengers saga are still thinking of bringing natalies character jane foster in the Avengers 2.

Open your eyes, Rachel, jeez!

Gotta say, I really enjoyed this trailer quite a bit more than I was expecting. The low quality longer version didn’t do anything for me, but seeing it more “up close” has me just a bit more optimistic about this being a fun flick.

omg, clone is back. 🙁 Reading comprehension was never your strong point, my dear.

It just looks way too srs business for me. At least Iron Man was injected with a lot of comedy and a charismatic lead.

It remains to be seen whether the serious stuff works or not, but I don’t mind them going for something that doesn’t have its tongue in its cheek. The witty stuff works for Downey/Iron Man but I think it would be an odd fit for Thor. I’m already worried about Nat and Kat being too silly, making “oh look at his big hammer” type jokes every time they’re around him.

I don’t mean it has to have the same comedic tone as the past few Marvel movies, it just looks utterly humorless to me. It appears to take itself so seriously it comes off as silly, especially in the Asgard scenes. Hopkins should be embarrassed.

More than anything, those Asgard scenes really impressed me. Look, its bite sized chunks so I’m certainly not going to suggest it won’t be awfully camp in the film, but I really did quite like that stuff in the trailer. Hopkins, in those moments, is so much better than I thought he would be.

• Agie says:

Natalie is the only reason why I want to see it so much.
    Probably watching it on the premiere day, ’cause this kind of movies are not that popular in my country so it’s not going to be a problem to get a ticket for the premiere screening.