Engagement Link Roundup

By December 27, 2010Nat-news

I’ve got a couple interesting links about Natalie’s engagement and pregnancy. I’m not going to be posting articles on this story unless they bring something new to the table.

Starting off, let’s read what Natalie has to say about the announcement.

“I have always kept my private life private but I will say that I am indescribably happy and feel very grateful to have this experience.”

I know a lot of fans are busy breathing into paper bags, but how can you not be happy for her after reading something like that?

The other link is a timeline of Natalie’s relationship with Benjamin, although if you’re expecting many new insights…don’t.

Boy, I can’t wait till we poll this in a couple days. It’s going to be fascinating.

• WanderinRoy says:

I have a new theory. Natalie is actually still a virgin, and this is an immaculate conception. A sweet, innocent Jewish girl will be walking around, minding her own business, and suddenly an angel of the Lord can appear and say “I am just here to let you know, you are with child, and the baby daddy is Yahweh himself”. It’s happened before, or so they say. After all, if you were God, and could procreate with any woman in the world, wouldn’t you choose Natalie?

(of course,it is possible that Natalie and the Choreographer of Black Swan were doing a little more than dancing. Nah…I go for divine intervention.)

• InNatsthrall says:

Sounds perfectly feasible to me!

• nextyearsgirl says:

Please don’t make the poll something like “are you happy for Natalie?” or “do you think getting engaged to Ben was the right choice?”. Logging your opinion on things like which poster you liked better or whether you enjoyed a trailer is one thing, but I don’t think we should be polling people on someone’s personal life like that.

• madonion2 says:

• DavidK says:

Well, there you have it.

Good luck to them.

Pretty whirlwind if you ask me. I really hope this works out for the both of them and esp the baby.

• #1NatPortfan says:

@WanderinRoy-I think thats way blasphemous.Besides Natalie is not innocent,if you remember her line in Garden State when Zack Braff’s character called her innocent.I was thinking that maybe No Strings Attached was a prophetic movie of how Natalie has lived her love life.A sex life gone wrong and now pregnant,she’s forced to married after all she said before that she did not believed in marriage.Or maybe she planned it this way.Who knows?

• #1NatPortfan says:

Whatever,when I get to see No Strings Attached,I will try to see not Ashton Kutcher but Ben,especially the scene when Natalie received the congrats balloon for making love,and he says she did a great job so she deserved the balloon(in this case, a baby).A big coincidence,don’t you think?

Such cynicism!

• nextyearsgirl says:

@#1NatPortFan Sex life gone wrong? They’ve been together for more than a year. Natalie is smart, capable, fully aware of her rights, and as we’ve seen, someone who seems to manage her life very thoroughly. Do you think it’s possible that — GASP — she’s in love with Ben and wanted to start a family with him? And maybe made a concession because marriage is something that was important to him?

• #1NatPortfan says:

@omgzrachel-I appologize for my last comment.I was just kidding.But I do plan to see No Strings Attached when it release because I see some coincidence between Ashton and Nat’s characters and Ben and Natalie’s relationship.And again I hope they are happy and will continue to be happy after their baby is born.

• #1NatPortfan says:

@nextyearsgirl-what I meant was that Natalie said before that she did not believed in marriage,and since Natalie’s character in No Strings Attached is a person who want’s to enjoy sex without a commitment and due to Natalie’s past relationship with boyfriends where she did not got pregnant thats why I said it was a sex life gone wrong. Of course I can be mistaken and as I said she may have planned it this way.As you said this relationship has endured for more than a year and there must be true love between them.But we do not know for sure since Nat and Ben are very private about their relationship.I do hope they are happy.

Coincidentally I my first TV spot for No Strings about an hour ago but as usual abruptly changed it for fear of spoilers, so I haven’t been following that conversation, just saw the mention of it here.

• clone says:

Its good to hear this, but we must also look at other celeb engagements and pregnancy’s and see that some only stayed for a few years (around 2 to 10) and that nat and ben could do the same oneday.no ones perfect.

• Ashmiester says:

So, if Natalie’s not actually married and wins an Oscar, is she immune to the whole ‘Oscar—->Break-up’ curse?

Or should I take Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofsky as a “No.”

• spoonbat says:

I think you guys are being scary-optimistic and far too rosy in your assessments.

Getting that marriage certificate is like signing your life away w/o a pre-nup.

Natalie — holla we want pre-nup we want pre-nup/cuz when HE leaves yo ass he’s gonna leave with half……

• Jenski says:

PREGNANCY BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That *just* occurred to me.

• DavidK says:

I wonder what BM makes a year…

• InNatsThrall says:

I’m with Jenski – She’s spoke of having a boyish body. Well, now the fruits will will ripen a bit and I think she’ll be pleased with the sweater kittens. (but not the stretch marks and boy will she have them if this kid is of any size…Poor Natalie!)