The Charlies Results

By February 24, 2011Site-news

It was a fantastic event and followed by a crazy after party. Rachel making out with Gael Garcia Bernal. My one upping her by going to second base with Devendra Banhart. Kris being rushed to the hospital after being hit in the back of the head by Kat Dennings’ breasts. Craziness.

Below are a few photos from the actual event. Natalie was in ultra diva form, changing her outfit on several occasions.

But enough of that, hit the jump to find out the winners as voted by you guys and gals.

BEST MAGAZINE PHOTO

Marie Claire

Somewhere in Toulose, Carlotto weeps.

BEST MAGAZINE COVER

Elle

This elegant cover wasn’t far away from nabbing 50% of all the votes.

MOST MEMORABLE PUBLIC APPEARANCE

Black Swan premiere at the Venice Film Festival

A huge victory for the bookies favourite.

BEST WALLPAPER

Celina

All 6 nominees got more than 10% of the vote, making this the most even race. But Celina’s calendar wallpaper had 16 more votes than the 2nd place nominee.

BEST TV/INTERNET APPEARANCE

Letterman

You philistines! The second half of the Charlie Rose interview was really interesting stuff, yet it hardly got any votes. How? Why? Where? What? Who?

BEST NP.COMIC

The Oscar Silly Season

I thought the Manic Pixie comic would win but it could only tie for 2nd place.

MOST ANTICIPATED 2010 FILM

Your Highness

A HUGE victory. I thought, on name recognition alone, Thor would run it close. Nope.

RUMOURED PROJECT YOU WISH WAS TRUE

The Dark Knight Rises

No surprises here. The Great Hatsby was the next closest, but in truth the 3rd Batman film was an easy victor.

BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR

Natalie’s Black Swan performance success

A clear win as you guys reveled in Natalie taking home every plaudit and award under the sun. Natalie’s pregnancy and engagement took 2nd spot.

WORST NEWS OF THE YEAR

Natalieportman.com being hacked

Yet another big win as we all stared into the Abyss together and fled to Facebook to lick our wounds. 2nd place was…Natalie’s pregnancy and engagement.

MOST MEMORABLE BLACK SWAN MOMENT

It was perfect

Yes it was.

YEARLY RATING

5 out of 5

I guess it doesn’t get any better than this. If you combine the votes for 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 5 you get 96% of all votes cast.

Okay, that draws a line under 2010. Thanks to all who voted in this year’s awards and I promise that next year’s will be even better. Till then.

• Carlotto says:

That’s indeed a bad photo.
    Boring expression and awful colors. Just looking at it makes me angry. But who am I to judge?

I agree the Letterman appearance is disappointing.
    Other than that the results suit me

• WanderinRoy says:

I really had more hope for “Gravity” than a “Batman” film. Let’s face it, Katie Holmes & Maggie basically played girlfriend roles, much like Natalie will already be doing in “Thor”.

In “Gravity” Natalie would be the undisputed star of the film, and you don’t loose much when it comes to the director of the film either.

I think Letterman won out mostly because of the “Body of Work” that Natalie and Dave have compiled thru the years. (Lets hope the Academy doesn’t vote that way)

Finally, I can’t believe that Nina meets Sweet Lips didn’t win for “Black Swan” moment. I am hoping for a directors cut with the title “Black Swan:Ballerinas Gone Wild!”

• AMSSERME says:

I am satisfied with the results,having voted for most of these results.And,yes,I did voted np.com being hacked as the worst news of the year.The loss of 8 months of information,news,photos and videos was a real tragedy for all of us.

I’m totally with Carlotto.

I’m pretty happy with the results as well. Eight of my choices made the cut (out of 12) and most of the rest would have been my second choices.

p.s. I voted for Charlie Rose!!! I’m so tired of seeing her on Letterman. Aside from whatever she’s promoting, it’s the same ol’ thing year after year, with him drooling all over her. I thought Charlie Rose was one of the only “real” interviews I’ve seen this year. The comic was just random for me b/c I don’t read them, and I went back and forth on the Black Swan moment between
    “It was perfect” and the wings.

• NPortmanFan says:

I voted for Gravity. That movie sounded awesome.
    And why didn’t the Charlie Rose interview win? That was great.

• Jenski says:

My fav interview, photo, cover, and rumored project didn’t win πŸ™

I do not like that pic, it makes her look…..common. Natalie does not have a common face! And I really liked her Charlie Rose appearance, I’m confused how the DL appearance beat that.

• Celina says:

Wow, thank you guys πŸ™‚ I’m really glad you like the wallpapers I make! All the nominated wallpapers were so pretty, so thanks a lot πŸ™‚
    I somehow really don’t like the Elle cover but I agree with mostly everything else.

The Elle cover was the only one that didn’t look like every other cover.