Natalie wins Oscar for Lead Actress

By February 27, 2011Nat-news

Big night for Natalie and her fans. In case you haven’t been watching the Academy Awards tonight, Natalie won the Oscar for Lead Actress for her performance in Black Swan. This is her second Oscar nomination and first win. Congratulations, Natalie!

Author Rachel

More posts by Rachel

• nands says:

Congratulations Natalie, i’m really happy to see you win the oscars for the best actress. I watch the ceremony only for you.I Love you so much.

I am happy beyond words! So thrilled! I bawled like a baby. And wow, she looked gorgeous. Wonderful speech. Congrats to Natalie!!!!

• cuddlious1 says:

Natalie has been my favorite actress since I first discovered her in 1999. It was Star Wars that brought her name to my attention, but the first movie of hers I saw was Leon/The Professional. I knew ever since then she would have a great career and she has lived up to my highest expectations and surpassed them! Congrats Natalie!

• mely says:

Congratulations Natalie!! I’m soy happy for you. I almost cried with excitement to see the Oscar in your hands.

• DavidK says:

After all these years, I felt rather proud of her tonight.

• dabonair says:

I was so happy to see you win the oscars for the best actress. I gave my standing ovation in my home alone πŸ™‚ And your speech was so considerable for all crew worked on Black swan with you and for your manager and agent. As I’m being a filmmaker, I appreciated your speech a lot even though I don’t work with you but hopefully get to have a chance to work with you soon for couple of projects. You will have the most blessed baby in the world.

• anda says:

Oh, Natalie! So proud and so very happy for her. Congratulations!

• Mayumi says:

Congratulations!!!!!i’m soooo happy to hear that(;Í;)even in Japan, far away from you, i’ll keep supporting you and loving you so muccch!i’m so excited to watch Black Swan<3 anyway congratulations again!!!!!

• cherryvanilla says:

I will admit, I got a little teary eyed!! Congrats Natalie!!!!!!!!!!

• sonoyta says:

God, I wish Greg was still here so he could see this amazing moment…congratulations Natalie!!!

• SimonShukla says:

Congratulations Natalie <3 on your first Oscar

• Ashmiester says:

Congratulations to the beautiful, brilliantly talented Natalie Portman on her well-deserved Oscar.

• teatray says:

Congratulations Natalie!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

• Stefan says:

Yes, she can!
    Congratulations Natalie – what a moment!

• cherryvanilla says:

sonoyta, what happened to Greg?

• DavidK says:

Who’s Greg?

• Kris says:

It’s about time!! .. but what is she doing with Clu??

• huc says:

• sascha says:

I expected her to win, but when the moment came I honestly got tears in my eyes. I’m so happy for her. Congratulations!

• Gail says:

Congratulations Natalie! I am happy for you. You are so great in Black Swan. Love you!

• AMSSERME says:

congratulations to Natalie for her Oscar win.Who would have thought that Black Swan would be a turning point in her career and personal life!

• magicvinz33 says:

Congratulations Natalie, I’m so happy for you, you’re the best, you’re my favourite actress since Leon… I’m really happy for you it’s a good day!

• Sopf says:

She was amazing! I’m so happy for her <3
    and the thing she said about Benjamin and their baby .. sooo cute!

• rwix says:

Congrats Natalie! So proud of you! All the Best <3

• balsho says:

Ever since her first scene in “Leon” I’ve thought that she should be at the top of Hollywood, and now it has finally come to pass. Absolutely wonderful!!!

• marine says:

someone can find the video of her speech please ? i am french so i can’t see oscar
    I am so happy for her

• Ricky8 says:

thanks for all !!!! πŸ™‚

• natness says:

A shame Fincher didnΒ΄t win.

• v4v says:

So happy and proud her πŸ™‚ Biggest congratulations! Wish her all the happiness in the world.

• WanderinRoy says:

Great Speech, Great Look, Great Moment to watch. Now, I wonder how long it will take her to win her second one? Ben needs to quit his job and become a house husband so that Natalie can go back to work as soon as possible.

Give her about three weeks to loose the baby weight, and then put her back into harness and start grinding out new movies.

(heck, I don’t want to be too unreasonable. Let her take a whole month off after giving birth. Unless, of course, someone has a great role portraying a pregnant woman. Then she could go back to work tomorrow.)

• syady says:

hihi.. I 2nd that!!.. thou im here in Singapore and cant catch it live as i dont haf de cable too, my hart haf alwz been for u!!.. haf alwz supported u tt u gona take de Oscar home definite.. congrates Natalie.. Having a child is a blessing..

Lots of Luv frm Singapore Fans,

• dominik.doren says:

I almost cry… I have to say that Black Swan changed my life. She is the best actress and I’m so happy for her.

• sep says:

wow, look at little Mathilda holding the Oscar.God it feels good when you see her finally getting what she deserved.

• Jenski says:

Natalie’s best performance so far was truly deserving of the award, and on that account I’m thrilled for her. I honestly think Bening is the least impressive of the nominees and the most try-hard but I’m afraid of backlash here because Natalie is so young.

• Agie says:

I’m living in Europe so I had to be up at night. But I just knew I had to do this. Natalie has a special place in my heart. And it may sound dumb and childish, but it’s true.
    I needed to see this moment alive, to remember it and reminiscene it in the future. I will always admire Natalie, just like in over last 10 years. She’s my biggest idol.

Congratulations, Natalie!!!
    I’m so damn proud of You πŸ™‚

I love You!!!

• portfan says:

Natalie’s win made my night. The show was blah till then. Congratulations.

• Mathildaforever says:

Great Mathilda, I’m sorry: Natalie,I’m very happy for you, I’ve always known it. Good day.
    Your first fan

• aygswithlaygs says:

Harvard grad, activist, Academy Award winner. πŸ™‚ I’ve admired this lady so much over the years, and I’m glad she finally got all the accolades she deserves.

• erika76 says:

Congrats natalieeeeee

• sonoyta says:

Greg Muskewitz, a late San Diego film critic, was a big fan of Natalie and co-administrator of the AQMB forum (very popular back in the early 2000’s). He died in 2005, shortly after Natalie competed for BS Actress for Closer.

• Ranbirman says:

I am soooooooooooooo HAPPY for Natalie Portman!!! πŸ™‚

• bambu says:

• Mockingbird says:

Congratulations Natalie! So happy her and she looked absolutely beautiful. Wonderful hearfelt speech and I was very proud of her for thanking the pople who don’t usually get thanked at the awards shows.

• hoodridger1 says:

It’s About Time…..I Knew From The Moment I Saw The Movie That She Was Taking Home The Oscar

• iAdoreNatalie says:

Again congratulations to natalie portman! God i wish she have twitter account. Or email or site that she can just read our applauding and admiration for her.. She is very much love! πŸ™‚

This is the biggest year of her life! With a bunch of movie coming out, her pregnancy, winning the best actress award for ALL the award giving bodies! WOW just wow. I couldnt be more happier for her. She is just lucky and she deserve all the praises.. Hardwork really does pay off.

I love natalie portman so much and im in awe of what she has achieved in her career and life. She is my role model. (⌒-⌒; )

• sweezysara says:

Congrats Nat! You’re so great and pretty with that dress.. I’m sooooooo PROUD of you ‘coz you’ve got what you deserve.. Love love love LOTS :*

• Joe Schmo says:

Congrats to Natalie. Great performance. Wonderful speech.

Now put on the trackie dacks, put up the feet, and enjoy your awards before the performance of your life begins.

Can’t wait to see Nat doing all the 2012 awards seasons handing out the best actor awards in said trackies with the bub under one arm and keeping the sharp pointy corners of the awards away in the other.

Joe “Nat’s Kids are Alright” Schmo.

• PatrynXX says:

too bad it’s on abc. over the air is a no go except for CBS and PBS.. kept my eye on twitter and imdb though. that was alot of F5ing πŸ˜›

• CIHAT says:

Talking about Benjamins Baby
    You was Great -Join the Oscar-
    Greetings from cologne GERMANY

• iAdoreNatalie says:

this is a rather random video i found. i dont know if u guys seen this already but its a BLACK SWAN Featurette of natalie’s training during black swan.

and also an SNL black swan skit of jim carey thought its funny so ill share it to u guys πŸ˜›

Thanks but we’ve had both those vids on the site.