Star Wars In 3D

By March 3, 2011Nat-news

After Thor, we’re not exactly sure when the next Natalie film will be, and by the sounds of things, neither does Natalie. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long (babies basically look after themselves right?), but just in case Natalie takes an extended hiatus, the news that The Phantom Menace will be re-released into theatres on February 10th 2012 has just been announced. Now with added dimensions!

So what do you guys think? Is this a cynical cash grab to be ignored or are you already making the date in your C3PO diaries?

Sourced via Deadline Hollywood.

• Ranbirman says:

I will watch all 6 Star Wars movies in 3D!!! I will be watching EP 2 & EP 3 like a ZILLION times!! LOL… :)…
    I love Star Wars… EP 2,3,6 are my FAVOURITE!!!
    Watching Padme Amidala and all her wonderful costumes in 3D will be super-amazing!!! 🙂
    2012… hurry up!!!

• natness says:

Well, ten year ago I would have been so enthusiastic about this news. Today I don´t really feel the need to see Jar Jar Bink´s tongue in 3D.

• nands says:

Go to the cinema is already expensive and i hate pay an extra for 3d. The only movie i have see in 3d is “Avatar”, because it was a event and it was real not as “Alice In Wonderland”.

Anyway, you understand my point of view, I’m not interrested by this project ^^.

Come back as you soon as you can Natalie, i will be waiting with “Thor” and “Your Highness” and maybe “Hesher” if it’s coming in france.

• justanotherfan says:

The star wars films are my favourite, I absolutely love them!:) (Natalie being in 3 of them was just an added bonus!)
    Personally I don’t think they should be remade in 3D, they were great as they were, and should be left alone.
    Of course, I will see every single one of them (1,2,3 most probably repeatedly :P), purely because I absolutely adore Natalie, and anyone that gives up a chance to see her in 3D, is either blind or crazy 😛

Yeah, I heard about this LONG ago and was not happy. I am incredibly anti-3D…I think it’s gimmicky with new movies and in this case (and older ones like Titanic) a ploy to make more money b/c the technology is now available. I’m sure there is also the intention to let fans see the movies in 3D though b/c it’ll look “cool” or whatever, b/c it seems to be the popular thing right now. If there is a choice I try to see the 2D version. The Star Wars movies were not MEANT to be watched in 3D. I’m actually kind of disappointed in Lucas for doing this. I’ve heard that they are actually going to be rolling out all 6 films over the next few years. I saw AOTC and ROTS several times in the theater (Phantom Menace only once) but have never seen the older movies in the theater and that would be great, but not in 3D. I also get MAJOR migraines and sometimes an upset stomach when watching 3D movies. I can’t even see the screen correctly…its dimensions look weird to me. I also actually find the 3D distracting. I really hope this 3D thing is a fad that will eventually go away. I could go on and on about my feelings on this topic. In this instance though it is just totally not necessary in my opinion.

So true Rachael, so true.

I’m sorry Rachel, I spelled your name wrong, and I think I have been for a long time! So OT but I just had to apologize. 🙂

• clone says:

Some scenes said to be 3D would be the lasers shot from the vulture droid towards us, the fish swimming,lasers shooting.Its going to be good and we will see alot of natalie products around and worth watching for the last time in the cinema.maybe other deleted scenes with natalie.

• Kris says:

I saw Sanctum yesterday in 3D. Oh my god the terrible acting. Jesus f*cking christ the bad dialogue. But smack me and color me happy with the 3D effects! So I’m on the “if you can’t make it good make it in 3d”-train 🙂

3D isn’t going to go away. It’s like when people complained about CGI over practical effects. It’s a new tool and right now its in its very early stages. The industry will get better and better at it, the technology will mature, talented filmmakers will find ways to use it artistically and eventually people will accept it as the norm.

What’s very interesting is there is Scorsese’s Hugo Cabret and Luhrman’s Great Gatsby. Two more artistic directors doing two period films and both being shot in 3D. Should be very interesting to see how they turn out.

But as for Star Wars. there isn’t a dimension in the world that would make me sit through those films again.

• awiseone says:

Oh Dazza you broke my heart with those comments:(
    does this mean you don’t want the legions of us star wars fans to purchase these films when available through this site?

We need to know where we stand on this most important issue:)
    LOL!!!( Please note I’m being playful here )

I am looking so forward to seeing this in 3D…Star Wars is the only thing that can even make me venture into this new artistic format. “The Star Wars Saga” 3D AWESOME!!!

• natness says:

I´ve reached a stage where I´d prefer watching old videos of the original movies on an 80s TV. They underwent so many changes it´s like watching Dolly Parton instead of Audrey Hepburn.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at money from Satan himself 😛

I really do hope the studios/theaters/whoever give the option of a non-3D showing like they do now. Regardless of how I feel about the use of 3D, like I said, it’s almost impossible for me to watch because of how it makes me feel physically.

• PatrynXX says: