Former Presidential Candidate Is Butthurt

By March 4, 2011Nat-news

I sat on this news item today, hoping something more positive would come along so I could put off having to wrap my head around this bullshit. But here we are.

Former Republican presidential candidate, and probably future candidate as well, Mike Huckabee went on radio and…well get a load of this.

“People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, ‘We’re not married but we’re having these children and they’re doing just fine,” Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. “I think it gives a distorted image. It’s unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children.”

Calling Portman’s pregnancy “troubling,” Huckabee went on to say that many single parents don’t have the resources to hire help, the way someone like the Black Swan star would.

“Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can’t get a job, and if it weren’t for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care,” he said. “And that’s the story that we’re not seeing.”

Are there not enough real problems in the world for a presidential candidate to be addressing? And if you really have to attack this subject, surely it would be better to target someone who isn’t engaged to be married and might even be married before the child is born. Single parent? Uh, no, you moron.

What is more concerning is this idea that people like him have (although a lot of them are putting on an act and these supposed values can come tumbling down very quickly) where a marriage somehow makes you a better person and a better parent. I think it’s clear to everyone with their eyes open that it does no such thing. People who love their child and who live to make them happy and help them to be the best they can be. That’s always going to be the most important factor, and the great thing is you can be married or divorced or single or in a relationship or gay or straight…it really doesn’t matter.

One things for sure, this is not a surprising comment from Mike. This is, after all, a guy who willfully ignores science and rationality when it suits him. The guy can give his opinion, but when it comes to finding some kind of objective truth, he really isn’t the guy for the job. It scares me that he could be the most powerful man in America some day.

• narkel says:

I’ve read this the other day and I was like “you got to be kidding!”. So in his mind is okay to bash a girl linking her private life with his ideas about being a single parent. If this guy is looking for someone giving a distorted image to society then he should look at the mirror.

Huckabee is so backwards it blows my mind.

Also, Natalie is not even a single mom. Pick on somebody else. Like maybe Bristol Palin.

• Wr├│belekElemelek says:

I only hope that Mr. Pastor was the father of Jesus, and communed with the immaculate conception.

I think he didn’t pick on Bristol, didn’t he? At least he’s consistent ­čśÇ

Yep.

I meant “did”. Oy.

• Chauster says:

I lol’d

• cincy1234 says:

Being a Christian myself, I understand that there are particular values that the Bible teaches and Christians are suppose to strive for those behaviors and attitudes. However, too many (like Huckabee) tend to pretend that they themselves are perfect and therefore have the right to pass judgement on others. He seems to be missing the part of the Bible thats says you aren’t suppose to judge and condemn others. But that you are simply suppose to Love God and Love People. No further requirements.

I remember her getting a pass, but I could be confusing that with a similar incident (Britney Spears’ little sister being shamed) with Bill O’Reilly.

What bothers me is the stereotype he’s giving to single women who have children out of wedlock…that they’re all poor, uneducated, etc. Yes, unfortunately there are many women do fit this description and it does trouble me, but I wouldn’t characterize every single mom like this.

It’s also kind of interesting that the fathers who abandon the babies in some of these situations are rarely ever shamed in the media as much as the mothers.

• wolfldo says:

he’s just jelous he doesnt have her backing him! instead she has a brain and goes for the people who will make a difference for the better ­čÖé

• Syady says:

Serious speaking, I duno hu is dis guy n I dun gif it a f***.. he seriously shldnt meddle or interfere in oter’s privacy, ESP Natalie as I haf all de respect for her.. Makin such choices in life to get involve and den marriage is no longer a biggie.. She may had made plans to ensure her partner are able to take care,”being sum1 gd and a partner”.. So, atleast respect that.. He cnt go ard destroying oter’s life and assume his nt much better either??.. Natalie are the 1st humble, dwn to earth person I’ve ever seen.. She has humanity welfare atleast to help as much as she cld despite her hetic schedule.. Pls wake up huever u are..

• PatrynXX says:

Nope didn’t pick on Bristol and is still employed by Fox. don’t know why. Both of them. Sarah and Mike. but Newt and Rick were suspended.

• iAdoreNatalie says:

OMG seriously? why is he talking BS over natalie’s pregnancy? this dudes jealous over natalie’s success he just want to ride on it. what a waste of time. SMH

Well if he didn’t then yeah, that’s hypocrisy of the highest order and shows he’ll pick and choose what he wants to be outraged about.

I think he praised her for “choosing life” (but again, I could be confusing that with the O’Reilly thing).

• aygswithlaygs says:

If he criticized Nat just for this, he should criticize Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, and a bunch of other actresses too…