Black Swan Portraits

By March 11, 2011Nat-news

A new photo book about the filming of Black Swan is now available over here. At 50 bucks it seems a bit steep, but there’s no doubting that there are some really beautiful photos in the book, which you can preview at the link.

• kafinsmif says:

So, I obviously don’t agree with a lot of the views expressed in this video, but it’s pretty funny (and relevant), nonetheless…

• PatrynXX says:

Kinda cheap actually. Ever bothered to look for Luba Hegre’s book? depending on which one. $100-300. Have an independent artist selling hers for 150 pounds. so $50 not bad.

• natness says:

What bothers me more and more about Black Swan is all that stuff being sold around the film while the film itself – in my opinion – lacks substance. All I see is Nina dancing, Nina in front of mirrors etc, on stills, posters, DVDs, photo books… the merchandise and the film are repetitive in that they centre on one single idea – Nina letting herself go and becoming the black swan. While I was sitting in the cinema I thought “Ok, I got it, give me something more…”, and now I see all these products… it is a well made film, yes, but somethingĀ“s wrong with it and the way it is sold.

So what exactly would you like to be seeing in stills, posters, dvds, photo books?

• natness says:

I donĀ“t care about products, they just reflect a film that I wish was slightly better. Again, this is just my opinion.

I’m sorry it didn’t do it for you but why not just say that without trying, but failing, to make it relevant to the update you’re commenting on. Sounds like what you wanted to say is “I didn’t like Black Swan and seeing products and updates about it just reminds me of that fact.”