Adaline

By August 12, 2011Nat-news

We have the first post Oscar new project rumour, courtesy of It’s On The Grid.

We’re hearing that Natalie Portman has been offered the title role in Lakeshore‘s ADALINE, to be directed by Gabriele Muccino. Katherine Heigl withdrew from the project last November.

I’ll try and get some confirmation, but my instinct is that we should be reaching for the salt shakers on this one. Gabriele Muccino directed the decent enough Will Smith vehicles, Seven Pounds and The Pursuit Of Happyness. Not sure how stoked I’d be to see Natalie after a role that at one point had Katherine Heigl attached.

Definitely not too thrilled about Nat getting Katherine Heigl’s leftovers.

• thevoid99 says:

Same here. Plus, I hated “Seven Pounds”. I don’t want to see Nat in some sappy, sentimental dreck that was attacked to Katherine Heigl.

Fuck that. Have her go into experimental films for a while.

• narkel says:

Definitely not excited about this movie… I prefer seeing Natalie in the future acting in “indie” or complex films rather than winning awards for movies into the romantic comedy or being the poor girl who can’t find love…

Agreed.

• Joe Schmo says:

A piece about the storyline (posted last year)

“… Adaline, the Sidney Kimmel Entertainment?Lakeshore co-production that stars Heigl as the title character. Long ago, she was killed in a car accident, until a simultaneous lightning strike resuscitated her and physiologically locked her in her late 20s. Adaline lives a solitary existence until she meets a man worth losing her immortality to grow old with. Angela Lansbury plays her daughter, who, in her mid-80s, needs her mother’s care as her health declines. J Mills Goodloe and Sal Paskowitz wrote a script that is getting revisions from Allison Burnett.”

Thanks, Joe. That sounds… tiresome.

• Mockingbird says:

Seven Pounds was completely appalling. This is random but does anyone remember that there were candids of Natalie having lunch outside a restaurant years ago with some guy (I think it was during the period she was dating Devendra Banhart)and someone mentioned in the comments that the guy was Gabriele Muccino?

Doesn’t ring a bell. Can you recall what set it was?

• Mockingbird says:

dazza: I think I found the candids in the gallery. See the set of candids titled “Dining with a friend (August 11th 2008)”. I have no idea if the guy she’s dining with is actually Gabriele Muccino but I just remember thinking at the time that it was so out of leftfield that someone thought it was him and random she would be having lunch with him..

• PatrynXX says:

at one point katherine was looking up with the Oke films. but she left and so did her career.