Tidbits

By August 18, 2011Nat-news

Just a few odds and ends for you guys today.

– Love And Other Impossible Pursuits is being released on DVD and BD in the UK, and in promotion of that, this site is giving away three DVD copies of the film. You just have to answer a simple question to be in contention, but please hurry as the competition ends tomorrow.

OK Magazine stands up for Your Highness with a very favourable review of the DVD release.

– Finally, Thierry found the Dutch DVD cover for Thor, which features Natalie looking nothing like her character, but looking hot so I really don’t care.

• Heritage367 says:

I just saw Your Highness on DVD last night, and shockingly I liked it a lot more than No Strings Attached; it’s not a great movie by any stretch, but I consistently found it to be more entertaining (though very juvenile) than NSA, which for my money is the weakest film Nat’s ever made, at least of the ones I’ve seen. Of course, I went into both films with vastly different expectations, which was obviously a big factor in my enjoyment of both.

Agreed on the Dutch DVD cover, on both points!

• Noisz says:

For some reason her pose reminds me of ‘Buffy’

Heritage – Nice (first?) comment. You clearly haven’t seen Free Zone 😛

Noisz – Yeah, very Buffy.

• amo says:

Realistically, that’s probably not even her body, is it?

• Heritage367 says:

dazza – thanks! I’ve posted once or twice, but only recently. Been lurking here for years, though!

• NPortmanFan says:

That pose IS very Buffy. She does kind of remind me of Sarah Michelle Gellar sometimes — mostly in The Other Woman.

About Your Highness. I will admit that I had high expectations for the movie, and they weren’t quite met, BUT I did enjoy it. Lots of funny scenes and Natalie was great. It shows her diversity as an actress. Her accent made me cringe a few times though 😛

Weren’t the accents supposed to bad/OTT, though?

• NPortmanFan says:

Yah I think they were. But it still made me cringe a few times. Like when she says “slaughter” it sounds like “slooter” haha. She was still fantastic in it, though. No question.