Lame

By October 24, 2011Nat-news

A gossip site (that I’m not going to link to cos, screw that) is speculating that, based on the photo below, Natalie might be pregnant again. Over on our forum, posters are happy that Natalie seems to be dealing with her post pregnancy weight naturally, and not focusing solely on magically snapping back into shape. That said, you can see why celebrities feel that pressure to do so when a slight bump a few months after pregnancy leads to speculation that she’s pregnant again.

If that’s the case, I think I might be pregnant as well 🙁

• amo says:

I think she posed this photo to prove that point she made ages ago about parents with softer bodies being more comfy for babies.

• natness says:

So have you guys eventually decided to show Aleph´s face? I don´t think I like that.

• natalievic says:

Is it legal to take a picture of her son?

• Amsserme says:

Gossip sites loves to exaggerate.With Thor 2 soon to film,Natalie can’t afford to get pregnant again.

Natness – As mentioned in an update on September 9…

Wednesday’s gallery is now up here, as Rachel and I have decided to allow baby pics but as soon as Aleph loses his generic every-baby face, we’re going to exclude all candid pics of him from the site.

• natalievic says:

I agree with “natness” I don’t like it.
    I’m sure she doesn’t want pics of her son on the internet.

• natness says:

dazza – ok, that´s your policy, but I visit this site often because I like it and I feel unwell seeing his face when I visit it. Not because he´s ugly or so, but because I feel like intruding into the privacy of someone who can´t speak for himself and is in need of protection. I would have gone for a no-photos-at-all-policy. But I´m just adding my two cents, of course.

• lanie says:

She looks, gasp, post partum. She hasn’t gone walking about in Spanx lying she lost all the weight. It takes upwards of a year to lose it, as I’ve heard, and your body is never the same anyway.

It’s damned as you do damned as you don’t regarding the visitors to the site. Some people will want to see him. Others feel it’s wrong.

Rach and I obviously aren’t exactly comfortable with the situation. I’ve expressed why we post Natalie candids on the site before and I’ve also mentioned why I think it’s different for Aleph, because he has not signed up for this.

However, trying to look past the emotion of it all, there really is no real negative effect to a baby being photographed. That’s tough because the emotions can be at odds with that, but I think it’s important to try and be objective as well.

But in a few months we’ll probably stop posting Aleph pics on the main site. Or maybe we can blur out his face or something. Like in our last np.comic.

• Carlotto says:

I notice, and I expected it, that we went from

“as soon as Aleph loses his generic every-baby face, we’re going to exclude all candid pics of him”

to

“we’ll ‘probably’ stop posting Aleph pictures on the ‘main’ site. Or maybe we can ‘blur out’ his face or ‘something’”

(I added the emphasis on the words.)

Can’t wait to see the day his face suddenly turns not every-baby like.

Carlotto, it’s very easy for you to throw stones because you have only one opinion to worry about and that’s your own. Rachel and I run a site for lots of people so we don’t have that luxury.

If my comments about the situation sound vague it’s because THEY ARE VAGUE and my feelings will continue to be mixed regardless of what policy we take.

• cincy1234 says:

After reading the comments, I felt the need to let you know that I really appreciate the care and thought that you all put into running this site! Aleph is a tricky situation and it’ll be hard to balance out everyone’s concerns and interests. Best of luck in figuring out if and how Aleph will have a place on this fan site.

As far as I’m concerned (idk about Dazza), photos like these aren’t going in the gallery. I don’t really see a huge problem with a single photo being added to an article, though. The trouble with pictures like this is that they’re nearly unavoidable (just Google Natalie Portman or look at any news items about her and you’ll see what I mean), so chances are you’re going to see it somewhere else eventually.

• aygswithlaygs says:

Excuse me but…

THAT BABY IS SO CUTE!!!!

• jen.evar says:

Look at that little cutie! Looking just like his mama. 🙂

• StarWarsObsessed says:

That doesn’t make sense for her to be pregnant. Her belly is perfectly normal for where she is post birth. And if she magically did regain a flat belly and was somehow pregnant again, her belly wouldn’t be that big yet. Sheesh, some people feel the need to make money off starting rumours with little or no basis?
    As a somewhat-expert on matters of pregnancy, I’m 100% sure she is not pregnant again.

Your username reminds of something I liked about ROTS: Padme still had her “bump” in the post-birth scenes. I think too many movies give some people the unrealistic expectation that women’s abdomens magically flatten out after giving birth. ;P

• PatrynXX says:

good for you for choosing to turn a blind eye to crazy paparazzi baby pix. I prefer ignoring the face at all. as for her being pregnant…. I assume only OK would do that crap. So this week it’s Jessica Simpson, after Katie Holmes was supposedly pregnant. and the Katie thing doesn’t seem to be true.. and Nat’s gonna get idiots on both side saying 1. she must be pregnant or 2. she’s losing weight too fast. Most recent pix she’s think as a rail again. No way she gave birth naturally. But thats just my theory. Now Alyssa Milano, was rather big I assume she did it naturally. although natural is more a water birth which Jennifer Connelly does. Which I was supposed to be but it didn’t turn out that way… O_O

• StarWarsObsessed says:

@Rachel:
    Part of the belly though being still full sized in ROTS was that to protect the twins from the Emperor, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Senator Organa (Leia’s adoptive father and longtime friend of Padme) said for her burial she had to appear still pregnant to give a public impression that her child had died too. It’s in the ROTS novel by Matthew Stover 😉

• awiseone says:

Talk about what was probably her worse nightmare …getting caught out like that exposing her baby to those awful people…she must have felt so comfortable going into this situation that she did not take her usual precautions…someone obviously tipped them off.
    I hate their aggressiveness when they go after the photos of the babies and children of the celebrities and they are awful about it and I think it’s just wrong!

However if the pictures are taken I rather look at them on this site than any other for obvious reasons…sadly it is the price of being a celebrity in today’s world.

It will not be so easy for her to blend in with a child so they may need to take lessons from Pitt and Jolie and start going out in disguise. They will figure it out for sure.

I think he is ADORABLE:) He looks like Benjamin.
    Dazza,I support your decision on this one.

• teatray says:

I don’t like seeing Aleph’s face on the main site either. Like Rachel said, Natalie & baby photos can be found easily on the internet.. so why post them here? (there’s the forum for that)

Teatray, you just summed up one of the main problems. I don’t actually think that’s what Rachel was saying. In fact, it was the opposite.

You can look at it both ways.

1) You can see photos of Aleph all over the place anyway, so why have them here as well?

2) You can see photos of Aleph all over the place anyway, so why not see them here as well?

That’s pretty much the crux of the argument. I’m beginning to think that maybe I should just set up a poll and whatever the majority votes, that’s what we do.

• teatray says:

Dazza, i see you point and i’m up for a poll 🙂

• Amsserme says:

@natness -Can you prevent US Magazine,People Magazine,Zimbio or Just Jared from posting Aleph’s photos? No, you can’t. Why try and force NP.com not to post Aleph’s photos just because you don’t like it? I think you are violating NP.com’s rights and freedom to post whatever photo they want.Remember,this is a fan site,there are fans who don’t agree with seeing Aleph’s face as there are fans who agrees.It’s a matter of being tolerant and respectful for each point of view expressed by the fans,and I think NP.com has done that by managing this delicate matter in a sensitive and neutral way.

• alex74 says:

Well I will neglect what people say about right and wrong of displaying a persons baby, I see no harm on this.

That’s a very beautiful baby you have Natalie. Congratulations.

It is interesting also how eager to have a second child are parents who were an only child. For instance my Father also wanted to have a second child since he wanted to have a brother/sister…if Natalie is again pregnant I believe this is the reason she is doing it…