Tidbits

By August 24, 2012Nat-news

We’ve got plenty of good stuff for the weekend, but a starter we’ve got a few mini updates.

– Well, Benjamin did a decent job as a guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance. His LA Dance troupe performed and it was damn impressive. Natalie was not in attendance. In fact, she wasn’t even mentioned during his introduction. Fair enough, he’s more than just her husband, but I would have thought FOX would have wanted to capitalize on her name a little.

– Speaking of Benjamin, a writer who called him a “frog”, has explained why he did so and offered an apology to Ben and Natalie.

– The Portman, working a year before “Black Swan,” writes: “My posture looked like I’d swallowed a broom . . . I had the same body since I’m 14. With Mary Helen, it’s completely transformed. I gained length, strength and tone. Arms and legs changed shape. In awe of dancers’ bodies — definition in their arms, strong legs and beautiful line extending from fingertips to toes . . . [plus her] healthy diet in conjunction with the exercises” achieved our fitness goals.

• natness says:

A ridiculous discussion that can only be triggered by hypocrites. If you call a German a kraut, because Germans eat sauerkraut, will anyone stand up for him/them and take the risk of being confronted with the N. word? Think about it. You either refrain from stereotypes at all times, or you treat everyone with the same (tongue-in-cheek) condescension. Either we´re all enlightened beings, or we´re all absurd midgets. I sort of miss the relieving, egalitarian Jewish humour among the readership of that Jewish magazine.

• AMSSERME says:

Who knows?Maybe Ben put as a condition for him to appear as guest judge that Natalie not be mentioned.They are so private that even when they were dating they refused to talk about each other.Perhaps Ben would have felt uncomfortable if any mention of Natalie or any reference about their recent wedding was made.By the few interviews and appearances in which Ben has appeared it seems he is a shy person.

• cincillo21 says:

Frog? Ben must be a really morehandsome-than-average frog then. How could there still be people using that talking about French people? Hopefully he apologized.

If dancing really streached her height, then she should be like 5’4″-5’5″ now, isn’t she?

• cincillo21 says:

How could there still be people calling French ”frogs”?? Hopefully he apologized, at least.

If dancing really made her taller, then Natalie should be like 5’4″-5’5″ now, isn’t she??

• a Bit in love says:

I’ve no problem being called a Crout…sourcrout t’s not that bad.
    But I’m not too sure if I’d rather be a Kraut or a Hypokraut.

• natness says:

I´d rather be a kraut pleaser

Gah, I forgot about it and it seems that fox.com has some ridiculous and nonsensical rule that you have to sign up for an account on their site and if I’m reading it correctly you can’t even watch the show until 30 days after its airdate.

I lost interest in this after about the third commercial break. Sorry, Mr. Millepied.

• a Bit in love says: