New Poll + Wedding Dress Results

By September 1, 2012Site-news

Whoops. I knew I had forgotten something.

So, Natalie is filming Thor 2 at the moment. What I want to know is what Natalie films, that don’t lend themselves to sequels, would you like to see given the sequel treatment?

The sequel poll

As for the wedding dress poll, it seems the dress did not wow fans. Although, I also thought it wasn’t the best looking and then I saw the proper photo of it and felt completely differently. So hard to say without seeing properly shot photos of Natalie in the dress.

The results of the poll are after the jump…

Natalie’s wedding dress was…

Not to my taste but she looked so happy I don’t care – 38.1% (121 votes)

Beautiful and stunning – 29.2% (93 votes)

Hard to judge given the nature of the photos we’ve seen – 15.1% (48 votes)

Frumpy and disappointing – 10.4% (33 votes)

Not the best but that fact makes me like her even more – 5.3% (17 votes)

• Juan234 says:

I assume The Professional is left off because that would be an obvious winner…

I don’t think that “proper photo” was the exact dress. It was “like” the dress…each of the photos in that article seemed to have bits and pieces that when put together sorta made up the dress. In the second paragraph the author explains how they used those three dresses to show “a similar feel to the star’s custom dress.” For example, the one on the top has cap sleeves and embellishments, plus a sweetheart neckline (which Natalie’s does not). The one on the bottom left has a floral pattern (no pattern on Natalie’s) and also cap sleeves, with a higher neckline (but not like Natalie’s, which is lower and wider). The one on the bottom right has a feathery skirt but has the sheer long sleeves and also a sweetheart neckline…but the long sleeves are tighter than Natalie’s. Also, Natalie’s skirt has has two graduated lengths in the front and is longer in shorter in the front and longer in the back. I think the Jenny Packham dress on the top was closest, but MUCH prettier.

• Adonis says:

Allow me first to a continuation of her first major film “Leon” to agree … was a great movie with great actors such as Jaen, Gary, Danny, and a fantastic Natalie – for me the best film!
    And now to the question, of course:
      “Anywhere But Here” I liked it – and has my vote.

• AMSSERME says:

I agree with Juan234.Leon-The Professional would be the film most of the fans would like to see a sequel done,Adonis is proof of that.But I don’t think it will happen.Each year that pass Natalie gets to old to play Matilda.And she won’t do it if not with Luc Besson as director.No script for Leon part two has ever emerged.

• whenpukedries says:

She said being a movie star is like being a bride everyday. She intended to look “dowdy” IMO, however much she can play down her looks, and I think she actually does that more than most stars, also being an intellectual of sorts.

• whenpukedries says:

Closer 2= there isn’t a “CUNT” necklace big enuf
    garden state 2= zach braff’s only hope
    anywhere but here 2= is shirtless dude balding yet?
    where the heart is 2= can the kids get raped again, this time by Natalie?
    brothers 2: you hooked up with my brother and you have a penis? (crying game dir. also, hehe, farthest stretch…)
    Goodnight Natalie fans! I’m here all the rest of my life!!!

• a Bit in love says:

Personally, I loved Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium. I wouldn’t suggest a sequel as this movie continues to live on on it’s own.
    Same as Leon.

• LightsCameraReaction says:

LEON FOR SURE!

I can totally understand that. All I was really saying was that the photo was not of her exact dress, and that I liked it better than hers. But yeah, I didn’t expect something exquisite at all and I admire her for how much she does downplay her looks when she’s just out being (or trying to be) a “normal person.”

• Dazza says:

Leon was way too obvious. I wanted films that nobody had even considered for a sequel.

• Adonis says:

Look AMSSERME, I am firmly convinced that Natalie is now in the best age for a continuation of her first big movie!
    “Mathilda” could not anyway (was only 12-13) immediately after “Leon’s” death, take on the role of the “cleaner”, and therefore they had to grow up to be a just Leon’s successor …
    But now it’s done – and when Luc can not – then perhaps under another film production company and director.
    So, if “Mathilda” still comes to the big screen (I hope), he would certainly be “the hit” of the year.
    What do you think?

• LightsCameraReaction says:

I guess I’ll go with Brothers.

I would vote for Closer, but since Portman’s character dies in it, theres no point for a sequel haha.

• AMSSERME says:

I think Leon part two would be great if Natalie is there,but without Luc Besson as director she will not do it.If there is a good script and a good director Natalie feels comfortable to work with,maybe and thats a big MAYBE she could do it.But no script has ever emerged of Leon 2.Hope is something we should not loose,so Adonis lets hope your wish can come true but for now there is no possibility that Leon 2 will be made.

• cincillo21 says:

Think there won’t be any Brothers sequel. It is actually a remake of a Susanne Bier film and there’s no Danish sequel, up to now. Can’t figure out a possible sequel for Brothers actually.

Woah, been wondering about a Leon part 2 for sooo long. It’s a pretty hard work to do, though both Luc Besson and Natalie are more than happy to work together again, as long that the film’s rights are held by Gaumont. They went mad when Besson left them and founded a competing company (Europacorp), so they cut out any possibility to see the sequel.

Just hope for a good performance on JGAG. It would open Natalie to a new branch of movies, and so producers too. It would give her more power as a producer and then maybe she could finally fix this problem by herself or with a group of producers. But it’s still quite hard to happen.

Let’s hope they’re not gonna make a reboot of this (considering the trend of these years).

• cincillo21 says:

Oh and thinking about it, the time gap between the two films would be very hard to work out. The colors and the atmosphere of the 1994 Léon is almost impossibile to recreate. Léon was a fictional cross-section of New York in the 90’s. I, sadly, think that it’s better for the movie itself to stay as a single piece.

• clone says:

She could make a sequal to V For Vendetta, where it’s been a few years, and suprisenly V is still alive since the scientist changed him, and since somehow he suvived the fire where he was created. maybe it can be that the explosion was the thing that he needed to restore him, and they fight another goverment in another country.

Also I didnt like the wedding dress cause it looked like a dress for a costume party. A wedding dress is something like in her film where the heart is, and she could maybe to a sequal to that film.

Rumor has it that she’ll be in Avengers Assemble in 2015.

• Dazza says:

Leon 2 would be awful. I think I’d rather see her do another SW film than have to watch them attempt to recapture the magic of the film. Just go watch Colombiana, which was Besson’s unofficial Leon sequel. And it’s awful.

• Adonis says:

Yes I know that Natalie would imagine only under the direction of Luc Besson’s a continuation of “Leon” – but this is unfortunately due to the problems mentioned above be very difficult … but I believe that everything is still open for part 2.
    Let’s say, Steven Spielberg, or any other director would be interested in a sequel, of course, no longer under the name of Leon, but now under her name, “Mathilda”, or even better, “Mathilda – Queen of New York” for example.
    What could stop this blockbuster yet …

• maverick494 says:

Everyone who suggested “Leon 2” does not seem to get the point of that movie. Leon gave up his life so that Mathilda could live hers normally. If they would make a sequel with Mathilda being an assassin, it would mean Leon’s sacrifice would have been in vain.

I think Leon 2 could actually be done well (think more character study, less action), but in the hands of another producer and writer. The direction Luc Besson’s film making in general has gone is really disappointing. It will never happen, though.

• Adonis says:

Excuse me, why “Mathilda” must be a murderer – I do not understand?
    Mathilda would never hurt innocent people, (no women, no kids) is still the rule. It would surely only against corrupt drug gangs, and bad guys, and that’s what would be (as before Leon), her role as “cleaner.”

• Adonis says:

PS. I forgot “Manolo”: It would certainly be a big help on the side of Mathilda – “Tony” was for him a great teacher!