The currently filming Untitled Terrence Malick film has a backdrop of the music scene in Austin, and because of that the fantastic music site, Pitchfork, has put together an update stitching together all the info they could glean about the project.
I thought it might be interesting to some to see their breakdown of the bands and artists who may appear in the film…
– The Black Lips, joined on stage by Mara and Kilmer.
– Alan Palomo of Neon Indian reportedly shot scenes for the film
– Fleet Foxes, who were joined by Christan Bale on bongos at last year’s Austin City Limits
– Arcade Fire and Iron & Wine, who were also reportedly filmed at last year’s Austin City Limits
– Die Antwoord, who were on stage at this year’s Austin City Limits while Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender reportedly shot a scene for the film.
– Portman was also spotted at Iggy and the Stooges’ set at this year’s ACL.
– YACHT and Big Freedia, who were filmed at last year’s Fun Fun Fun Fest.
-You can see Gosling and Mara hanging in the background in this “behind the scenes” video for Lykke Li’s episode of PBS’ “Austin City Limits” TV show.
– Patti Smith, who allegedly serenaded Mara during a recent Austin show.
– Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine was spotted with Gosling and Mara at this year’s ACL.
– Tegan and Sara, who played the set immediately following.