I’ve got some time so here comes a bumper edition of mini news items.
– As you may have noticed, Natalie didn’t make an appearance at Cannes. I heard from a journo friend in Cannes who confirmed that she was definitely due to appear on the weekend, but the weather has been awful so either the appearance wasn’t that important and she bailed because of that, or she was able to make an appearance without being spotted.
– According to this, Natalie was one of the actresses who auditioned for the role of Daisy in The Great Gatsby. The role went to Natalie’s Brothers co-star, Carey Mulligan.
– Bradley Cooper has spoken about his brief stint as the villain in Jane Got A Gun. He says that he really wished he could have made it work and that was probably why he was so rash in accepting the part before realizing that the schedule just wouldn’t work out. He also says that in Ewan they definitely have the right guy for the role.
– Speaking of Ewan, he’s now sporting a jet black mustache for the film and I can’t even recognize him.
– Finally, Natalie’s dad, a fertility specialist, has spoken out about Angelina Jolie’s decision to have a double mastectomy in order to lower her risk of developing cancer.
Thanks to Frank and Kitten.