Natalie Exits Macbeth

By August 21, 2013Featured-news, Nat-news

ARGH! Bad news via Deadline that Natalie has pulled out of Macbeth and has been replaced by Marion Cotillard.

Theory #1 – Natalie dropped out because A Tale Of Love And Darkness was conflicting.
Theory #2 – Natalie dropped out to payback Michael Fassbender for leaving Jane Got A Gun ;-P

• Belerofonte says:

Well, it was predictable. Since the announcement of “A Tale of Love and Darkness”, it was clear that there would be a conflict of dates between the two films … and the first has won. It was obvious.

• Nina says:

This sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing Natalie as Lady Macbeth. First Gone Girl now this. Why is Natalie so insistent in sabotaging her film career? I thought she was really interested to tackling Lady Macbeth. I’m really not interested in the film she’s directing.

• Dazza says:

We don’t know whether Natalie would have gotten Gone Girl and we also don’t know if either of these films would be successful. I’m bummed about both as well but writing, directing and acting in her own film is going to be the biggest project of her career. You may not be stoked about it but it’s obviously much more important to her than anything else out there. Surely she has to make her decisions based on what’s important to her, not some fans.

• Dario says:

Well, I was curious to seeing Natalie as Lady Macbeth but I prefer to see a movie directed by natalie

• KateOrta says:

Obviously directing and writing is her priority now. She has a really strong acting career and as much as dropping out of a real acting challenge is bumming for her fans, I believe there will be another oportunity for Natalie to tackle Shakespeare in the future. I, for once, am looking forward to her directorial debut 🙂 Can´t wait for the casting announcements. Yes, I know, that is going to be some time still.

I’m not too broken up about it, but I also didn’t think she was right for the role in the first place. If I had to choose, I’d prefer to see her do A Tale of Love and Darkness. I enjoyed Natalie’s previous directorial efforts and I’m eager to see her direct a feature (knowing she’ll more than likely be in front of the camera as well helps, too).

• Nina says:

Don’t mean to be too negative. I’m sure Natalie’s really excited about her directing project and for her not doing Macbeth is the right decision but I would rather see her act. I think she’s capable of doing great things as an actor. I’m looking forward to Jane and I hope it’s a success for her.

• Dazza says:

Definitely was looking forward to the challenge. It’s why something like Thor doesn’t rock my world. She’ll be fine and look nice and that’s it. I want more Black Swan type performances. Who knows, maybe her role in Darkness will be a good one. Although I’ve always felt she needs a good director to push her…will she be able to push herself when looking through the lens? I’m curious to find out.

• Adonis says:

I’d say shame, because at the beginning I was not so excited about “Macbeth” – but I was wrong ….
    “Macbeth” would have been a great movie for Natalie, no matter – there are still many great films come for Natalie …..

• Natluver says:

who cares we got thor and jgag to look forward to!

• starprincess66 says:

well, marion cotillard is pretty kickass awesome, so its not that bad….

• cherryvanilla says:

And as far as Gone Girl, if you’ve read the book she’s 100% wrong for it. The part asks for a woman who looks older than Ben Affleck, nearing her 40s, tall, waify and blonde.

• AMSSERME says:

Dazza is right.We want to see Natalie do more main character movies.In Thor 2 Natalie will play a good amount of screen time but she is not the main character.In Jane Got A Gun she is the main character but in Tale she is not the main character not to mention the 2 Malick films.Although Directing is important for Natalie,it is equally more important for her to do more acting in view that Natalie will move to France next year and she could decide to take a time-out from movies(That is IF Natalie decide to take a time-out).

I don’t think Natalie back off from Macbeth to payback Fassbender.They are friends and Natalie is too professional to take revenge on her friends.Her directorial project may be the main reason.