AToLaD Special Screening at Cannes

By April 16, 2015Featured-news

The Cannes Film Festival 2015 lineup was unveiled earlier today, and while A Tale of Love and Darkness won’t be in competition, there will be a special screening of the film during the festival. We should be expecting a Natalie appearance at Cannes in May, fingers crossed. Thanks to Belerofonte, via Deadline.

Rachel

Author Rachel

More posts by Rachel

• Nina says:

I thought it would be in un certain regard. Does this mean it’s not good?

• juicy pay says:

i love natalie portman and i can’t wait to see the movie.

• The press conference confirmed that Portman’s film is screening out of comp not because of its quality (or lack thereof) but because the festival is tired of accusations that they’ll give any famous actor’s directorial debut a UCR slot. It’s a rule they’re now making out of principle and in reaction to the poor reception Gosling and Franco received in the last couple years.

• adela says:

There are good and bad films in every category so it doesn’t mean anything. I’m not completely sure of that but it may also compete for the “Camera d’Or” which reward the best first feature.

• Nina says:

But surely accusations of favouring celebrities shouldn’t matter if the quality of the movie speaks for it self when it’s screened. I am disappointed and it’s not giving me much hope for the movie. Macbeth is in competition. It’s a shame Natalie is not a part of it.

• Belerofonte says:

I agree with Nina. It’s really ironic that Macbeth, the movie she left to directs ATOLAD, is in the official section and Natalie film has just gotten a “special screening” 🙁

Anyway, we’ll see…

• Narkel says:

Found a nice quote from Michael Lynton about this movie, thanks to the whole scandal of the Sony leaks.
    It’s an email sent to David Remnick, September ’14:
    ” I saw Natalie Portman’s film based on the Amos Oz book on Monday. She directed it. It is in Hebrew and is great. You may want to do something with it.”
    I know Lynton and Natalie are close friends but it gives me some hope about this film.

PS I have no idea what is the position of this site regarding the leaks of these e-mails, please feel free to delete my comment if it works against your policy.

• Belerofonte says:

Also two months ago, during the Berlin Film Festival, there were rumors that had been submitted images and clips from the film and people can see them was excited and hopeful with it. I think it’s a good sign. As I said, we’ll see.

I don’t think we wait very much to see the trailer and first official pictures of the film…

• Kitten says:

Well I am still looking forward to it everything we have heard thus far has been positive for the film, and sorry but i am glad Natalie passed on Macbeth as I had reservations about her in that role from the start

• kià says:

I think that it’s always a big opportunity to be at Cannes Film Festival, It’s one of the most important film festival in the world. Also if she is out of competition. Anyway be there is a great honour. I hope to see her movie as soon as possible in Italy. At the moment Rome is covered with the last Miss Dior picture of Natalie, the one with the black dress. Gorgeous!

• Adonis says:

True, who appears in Cannes counts. Natalie has huge potential for great films ..