wes and nat and omar and immaculata but not me

By January 9, 2006Site-news

Hey again

Unfortunately Mart’s busy resizing and uploading those Free Zone pics. And since it’s 200mb worth of pics, its taking awhile. So I think I’ll just update with a couple things tonight and then tomorrow I’ll be back with a bunch of stuff including those pics and a new poll.

Oh, and I’ve read the Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium script so I’m gonna write up a little editorial about that as well.

A few weeks back I mentioned a rumour about Nat possibly doing a short film with director Wes Anderson. And then we all creamed our pants cos that would be incredible. Well over on this board there was a little sighting, which, if true, could indicate that there is some truth to the rumour. Thanks to DancingElleCat.

A friend and I went to Paris last week and during the weekend we (are pretty sure) saw Natalie Portman. Buzz cut, jeans, blue coat, holding hands with what my friend sworn was the director Wes Anderson, he had a tweed coat and sunglasses, long hair. natalieportman.com reported there were rumours of them working together on the Paris J’taime shorts…so that was need to (supposedly) see her. 98% sure it was her.

But just to clarify, the short wasn’t going to be one of the Paris Je T’aime films.

And as for the hand holding…uh…hmmm…

The other thing I wanted to mention tonight is the addition (officially) of two new staff members.

You can read all about Omar (I have a feeling this might make the news ticker) and Immaculata over here. They’re both doing a great job so far but I’m sure they’ll be bitter slackers like the rest of the staff soon enough.

I’ll be back tomorrow with a king’s ransom of stuff. Till then…

• JusSumGuy says:

Natalie made a Fabulous Fashion Independents list, or something like that. Not that we should care what Blackwell thinks but here’s a URL for the story:

Who’s Blackwell anyway???

• math_grenades says:

That Fashion Spot board is disturbing. Thread upon thread of people nitpicking at stars looks, criticizing them as if they’re any better. I’d love to see a hundred pictures of each of that board’s members, nitpicked and dissected for ‘beauty’. Sad.

• mey tha says:

nat is in toronto
    bout the rumour…must be an old story
    who’s that guy anyway.

“Nat is in Toronto” – Where’s the evidence that Nat is in Toronto?

“must be an old story” – Nope, read it again. This sighting was last week.

“whos the guy” – You know he’s a director. You know his name. You have the internet.

• cali says:

Regarding ‘sweeties’ Nat and Wes in Paris: Kinda an odd sighting. Takes a rumour off np.com (did not find a collaberation blurb online anywhere else, yet) and mixes that rumour up with a short she filmed 1.5 years ago in Paris. And the 98% sure sighting just happens to fufill an earlier resquest for a sighting or something to confirm that she is a part of his world.

I’d love to see her work with Anderson. Unless he’s got a new live-film short, the short he’s finishing this spring is called “MoonGirl” and it’s CG animation; so if she’s part of it, possibly she’s one of the voices? I doubt it’s being finished in Paris, though, as both of them live in NYC. If they were in Paris together, maybe it was just for romance. :luv

We’ll see if Natalie still has her buzz cut at the Golden Globes. I would think her hair had grown into an amazing jew-fro by now. 😉

• cali says:

Or, dazza, if you have info on what Wes Anderson’s short is (since maybe it’s his animation guy from Life Aquatic who’s directing “Moongirl”, and not actually Wes) could you enlighten us? thx

• cali says:

Another question: did Wes Anderson ever shoot his segment for “Paris Je’Taime”? (Wasn’t he one of the directors?) I did find a claim on a mb that Wes has been living in Paris, so it’s possible they were seen there together recently.

Sorry for so many questions, but the thought of them working together is intriguing.

Is that you Cal?

Anyway, the info regarding the short was from a french guy who works for a french production company. He gave no info other than they might be working together on a short. It seems it is very hush hush as the guy panicked and quickly removed his post.

Melody says that Wes isn’t doing a segment for Paris Je Taime anymore.