Nat at Showest

By March 16, 2006Site-news

Happy V Day everyone.

Awhile back we reported that Nat would be honoured as the female star of the year by Showest. Well she was there to receive the award and it looks like she was able to meet up with old friend, Lukas Haas 😉

Here is the gallery.

Melody has also added galleries for…

Good Morning America
Letterman Arrival
Letterman

Thanks to Chloie.

And Mart has put up a transcript from Letterman.

And how about a few more V links.

Rotten Tomatoes has a summary of the critical response and links to tons of reviews. It’s currently at 73% which is pretty good.

CHUD has one of the more interesting V interviews.

– The Independant also has a pretty fresh article. Thanks to Alex.

Dave Poland has another in depth look but you might want to wait till after you’ve seen the film before reading.

That’s it for now.

• Tonto says:

Haas has clearly been putting the hours in at the gym.

• flash_smb says:

Haha, Lucas Haas. Good one.

• Nimbuschick says:

It’s interesting to see all the attacks of the political aspect of V. Pro terrorism? The US constitution says that the people have the right to take up arms against the government in extreme cases, such as… oh I don’t know, houses being bugged (something that took place in Soviet Russia) and concentration camps (cough– Word War II). So fighting violently against these things that we’ve seen in the past 70 years in Europe makes whoever does so terrorists? I guess these conservative reviewers who think V is being unamerican and promoting terrorism would call the American government a terrorist.

Isn’t the line between terrorist and freedom fighter supposed to be a main theme of the movie? Did they miss that?

Funny thing though, I also have been calling today V-Day since Tuesday. St. Patty’s Day becomes V-Day, how ironic.

• nils says:

Hey, where are the links for all the HighDef-SNL-Videos?

The error message is pretty self explanatory. I would *guess* that the SNL clips were the problem as they seem quite hardcore about people hosting stuff from their show.

• jmor157 says:

I just wanted to point out that if anyone’s interested that there is a really POSITIVE review for v for vendetta on http://www.wafflemovies.com

wille waffle gave it 3 3/4 waffles out of 4.

• orange says:

I saw natalie on the daily show a few days ago. It wasn’t relly a serious interview and it was pretty short.

• Bloody Fork says:

Anyone have a downloadable, good quality, copy of the MTVU thing?

• dittygrain says:

I just got my subscription of the week and there’s Nat in a small pic on the cover being dubbed Hollywood’s most sheltered actress. Pretty funny stuff.

• exo says:

hey are we going to get pics from the daily show?

• Kris says:

I’m currently uploading all our videoclips to Usenet newsgroup “alt.fan.natalieportman.binaries”. So get hooked up to the Usenet and download while we try to figure out some other alternative.

• Perturbo says:

Love that Showest outfit. She looks like a kid wearing her geeky big brother’s homemade Star Trek tunic.

• nimbuschick says:

The trailers before it at my local theatre were
    -some army ad
    -Xmen 3 (first theatrical trailer)
    -Superman (same lame looking teaser as I’ve seen before)
    -Poseidon (first trailer I’ve seen)

Suprisingly brief lineup.

Someone brought like, 12 bajillion 7 year old kids to an R Rated movie that was obviously over their heads. They kept changing seats and talking and when the whole family left about 40 mins in the whole theatre clapped.

I won’t talk about the actual movie because I’m a good girl and follow the rules. Natalie with curly hair speaking about literature in a british accent made me way too happy.

• vintage says:

I just saw the movie… let me first say I am a Natalie Portman fan, and I really wanted to love this movie. I didn’t. First off, I thought Natalie’s accent was pretty bad, even distracting at times. Also, they butchered the graphic novel. Many characters were altered. The ending was very different. To be fair, it wasn’t a bad movie. The acting was pretty good, especially Hugo, he did a great job. He was exactly how I thought V would be. There was just enough action without going overboard. It was shot beautifully, great sets, etc… Natalie was stunning, as usual. If you have never read the graphic novel (and can get through a poor accent) you will probably like this film a lot. If you are a big V for Vendetta fan, you will probably have a hard time enjoying it. I guess I just think any movie based on a graphic novel should be pretty close to the book. The graphic novel is the perfect storyboard. This movie erased and rewrote too much in my opinion… but I guess my opinion doesn’t really matter, does it. I recommend seeing the movie first, then reading the novel. This way you can enjoy both.

• vintage says:

I forgot to mention… the politics of the graphic novel were addressed really well in the movie.

• clone says:

I heard she didnt mind doing the kissing scene cause she was only kissing a mask not a man’s lips like haydens.

The commenwealth games are on, and a New Zeland play hurt an australian player in NRL so it seems the New zelander will be charged for striking and damaging an aussie player, cause the aussie was driven away to hospital. I know natalie would feel sorry for that injured player as we all do.

• bbaka says:

Hey there, just wanted to point out that there was an MTV half an hour special on V for Vendetta in which they interviewed its stars (Hugo Weaving and Natalie). They also had a segment where they had 6 viewers of the film ask questions to Natalie. Just wanted to give a headsup. The clip is supposedly on http://overdrive.mtv.com … I did some looking around and it is there … its just that there is no direct link to it.

• clone says:

I’ve heard rumors of natalie to appear in other future sci fi films like in one of the resident evil films, and maybe as a super hero.

there was a rumor back in the 90’s that she was thought to play a super hero who shrank, and it was said in an issue of wizard magazine with the thing and iron man on the cover.

• S for Soda says:

All I have to say is I just saw it and I am freaking out. One of the most awesome action movies that has came out in years. An instant classic. And as for Natalie, she was too cool for words. Too…cool…(drool at the awesome action at the end)…

• ~v~ says:

like i just got home from the movies and let me just say the movie was flippin awsome…….kinda weird but that why i loved it..hello…super thanx to the bf for payin to let me see it on the day it came out….ok im so gonna see it tomorrow..well today lol..happy green V-day
    ~V for Vendetta~

• Thea says:

Hi! I’m just wondering why now are there only three banners? I loved that there were many different banners and that they were changing all the time. But now only three different. Not fair.

• Sanjiro says:

I think there’s only three right now because a) DAZZA wants everyone to see the new ones and b) V FOR VENDETTA!!!

I’m sure all the old ones will be back up soon. OR. DAZZA is getting all new ones. he’s a strange old dude.

Sanjiro got it right. They’ll all be back in rotation soon. But yeah, I’m getting Amy and Brishen to replace all the banners.

• nimbuschick says:

Vintage, I liked it and I’m a fan of the novel.

The thing you need to know is Moore’s pacing wouldn’t work for a film, so they had to edit it. I really missed the transubstantiation part too, but I can see why they decided not to piss off the catholics.

Natalie’s accent did have some errors, but it wasn’t distracting. The thing with accents, is that they aren’t pre-packaged and nobody has the same one. I, for instance, have a slight Boston accent from growing up in Massachussetts but can’t say Coke, Savannah, or a variety of other words without a twang from going to college in Georgia.

Evey is a character that grew up with her parents until she was about 9, then was taken into state custody, then thrown out into London on her own. She has parents that may have been from different parts of England, etc. You can’t really say she has to have an airtight posh accent.

• nimbuschick says:

Someone on the Fwooshnet toyboard brought up a valid point about the accent. It started off a wee bit distracting but you got used to it.

If the flaws were consistent, maybe they weren’t flaws, but choices. Conventions she chose or the accent coach chose to mix the histories of her accent.

• vintage says:

fair enough nimbuschick, i just wasn’t convinced by the accent. maybe you’re right, maybe that’s exactly what they were going for. don’t get me wrong, i give it a thumbs up, just not everything i was hoping for. i wish i saw it before reading the graphic novel, i’m sure i would be crazy about the movie now. i have decided to give it another go, now that i’m back down to earth about the whole thing. thanks.

• garthhudson says:

I believe that the results of the public appearance picture poll must now be invalidated. The is no way that any of those pictures are better than Natalie Portman with monkey.