and the kitchen sink

By November 17, 2006Site-news

Things have been piling up in the old inbox so I think its time to clean the slate.

Let’s begin with the last poll results:

Should we stick with Scott’s icon or change it for the one from Denis?

Ask for more entries 69.19% (283 votes)

Stick with Scott 23.47% (96 votes)

Switch to Denis 7.33% (30 votes)

Luckily for me (otherwise I would be wiping egg off my face) there have been a few more submissions so we can make this a bit more like a contest.

Vote for the official NP.com icon

UPDATE

I got a late entry from Denis so I’ve reset the poll. There will be no more additions!!!

Natalie barely gets a mention in this NY Times article about My Blueberry Nights but I still consider it a must read. This film could definitely be something special. Thanks to Jane.

Another of Natalie’s movies for next year, Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, will be getting a big media push. I guess it starts now with this first official image from the film. Along with that is the news that Charnel House has been comissioned to create a prop book to promote the film. It’ll look a little something like this. Thanks to Sonoyta.

Renรฉ found a Nat mention in an interview with Cat Power. It seems that Natalie might have been behind her song being used in V for Vendetta. Good choice, Nat.

So I’m here and so I arrived, and Natalie Portman said, excuse me can you put this song in that movie? And I don’t know her but it was great because I got a check for $7,000, so I went to Louis Vuitton in Miami and I was like, Uh, that that that.

Hope sends word that InTouch named this outfit “look of the week”. Must have been a slow week…

“timelessly chic in this classy cape and skinny pants, while her colorful purse adds a youthful edge”

Rounding off the update is this little blurb about the new single from The Shins. I think they might be right. Thanks to Alberto.

And now onto the fanart.

Cyberkai sent in a wallpaper that wouldn’t have been out of place on Halloween.

Isaac sent in this nice wallpaper.

LostAmo sent in a couple more wallpapers. Click here and here.

As well as a new batch of avatars.

Finally, Marie sent in a couple pieces of lineart. Click here and here.

Whew, I think that about covers it.

• fanatical610 says:

OMG, I Loved that song from V for Vendetta, nice one Nat.

• AProfessional says:

Actually, I kinda like Natz look ther…Xcept 4 da purz, of courz. BTW, rele luvin the avatars.

But I have a Question for every1:
    Can u see the NP.com icons when ur votin? Cuz I can’t, all I see is a white square w/ a red ex on it…

• balla_ama says:

i love the avatars. they ARE for MSN messenger aren’t they?

anyway, they look great at MSN messenger display pictures

Tito – yeah, sorry.

AProfessional – do you use a mac?

• hatikva says:

I loved I Found A Reason and it was perfect for V. I always imagine the first and third stanzas, “Oh, I do believe in all the things you say” etc, as Evey’s POV and the second and fourth “You’d better come, come…to me” and like V talking. Good taste, Nat!

Blueberry looks quite promising.

Dazza, why do they think that the new single might be Nat’s fave? Is there some hidden meaning to the title that I’m not getting?

• hatikva says:

Also, I use a PC and I can’t see the icons.

• minimaggit says:

can’t see the icons either. Using IE.

• rafael28 says:

the shins owe a lot to garden state

• Dirty says:

Dazza, I also cannot see the pictures for the poll. Would it be possible to delay the voting until this is solved, and could you just redo the vote so Tito’s submission is included? I want to vote, but I am an uninformed voter.

Oh, and I don’t use a MAC.

• clone says:

i like the 5 avatar, plus I cant seem to see the pictures for the voting .

Any tech boffin have an idea why some people might not be able to view .ico files? Perhaps try saving the file to your HD and viewing it from there. I’m not going to start the poll again but I will make sure that everyone has been able to view the icons before closing it.

Hatkiva – Just cos its a damn good song.

• Mac81 says:

Do you guys who couldn’t see the icons have installed the latest version of your browser? Maybe your browser doesn’t support .ico files.
    Dazza, you could try to convert the icons to jpeg or gif.

• n.o.r.a says:

Voting? I cant see anything!!
    I love the Avatars! Very beautiful!!! ;D

• AProfessional says:

Yah, I dont kno wat a mac is, cuz me n technology havnt become very good friends yet, but by readin all the other comments I figured that I’m not the only 1 that cant see them.
    Thx, anyway, Dazza, n every1 elz. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Thom Yorke says:

Is Nat a fan of The Shins? Or is it just assumed so because of their song ‘New Slang’ in Garden State?
    Cant wait for the new Shins album!

Can’t see the voting submissions either. I am using IE7.

Nat is connected to The Shins because of Zach telling her they will change her life in Garden State. Its sorta stuck.

A question to those who can’t see the icons, can you see the one currently used on the site?

• AProfessional says:

Dazza- Where do we look 4 the icon currently used on the site??? I dont rele kno wut an icon is used 4 or where…Jeje ๐Ÿ˜€

Idea: Why dont u just put them as links, like when u post Nat pics?