Lohan, Gael, The Other Hoff

By December 14, 2006Site-news

Hiya

Got a few odds and ends today but I before I get to those, here are some more donation thanks – Sak, Binh, Sak, Joshua, Sak, Sak, Sak. Not to mention Sak.

Ok, let’s crack open this can of updates.

First up is another rumoured project. This was sent in by Martina, who is Italian. The English isn’t perfect but I think you get the idea.

In the new italian “Vanity Fair” Issue a journalist mention Nat for a new role in a movie based on the Jonathan Harr best seller “Il Caravaggio perduto” (“The lost Caravaggio”, I guess). Nat will be (maybe) Francesca Cappelleti, docent of Modern Art in Ferrara who in 1990 discovered in Dublin the Caravaggio’s paint “La cattura di Cristo”. I’ve tried to translate the article, but I don’t know if it’s correct ^^

Q:”Do you know who will play your role?”
A: “One actress… her name is Natalie Portman”
Q:”And you dont’t know who is she?”
A: “Truly, not. They have said to me that she has made a film where three women go to Israel with a car”
Q: “Free Zones of Amos GItai. But also Closer, Star Wars and V for Vendetta. Natalie Portman is one of the most beautiful actresses of the world”
A: “Really? Jonathan Harr has explained to me that they have thought to her because is young, with brown hair like me, and has a air that can pass for intellectual.?

I think we might have posted a previous rumour about this. I’ll have to check on that when I get some time.

The new Elle had a couple interviews that mentioned Natalie. The first is from Lindsay Lohan and the second from Dustin Hoffman. Thanks to Luella.

ELLE: Are Mischa Barton and Nicole Richie your good friends?
LL: Mischa’s not..I mean, I’m friends with her, and Nicole’s a friend too, but I really hang out with other people. Natalie Portman is a friend of mine. We’re producing a new film together.

Lindsay seems to talk a lot of crap so you might wanna reach for the salt shaker on that one.

ELLE: Who are your favourite young actors?
DH: I’ve just finished filming Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium and I worked with Natalie Portman. She’s wonderful-and very smart. My sons were happy I was working with her. If we hadn’t been filming in Toronto, I think they would’ve dropped by with my lunch in a bag! She was going out with Gael Garcia Bernal at the time, though.

Some more confirmation for the fingers-in-ears crowd. Although things could have changed since then.

USA Today’s Whitney Matheson did a list of her top 100 people of 2006. Nat got a mention at #34. Thanks to Handmaiden and Luella.

What do you do after Star Wars? Shave your head and co-star with another guy who wears a mask and a cape. V for Vendetta was one of my favorite movies of the year, and I can’t imagine a better Evey than Portman. I can only hope of seeing much more of her in 2007.

2007 is officially the year of Nat. Paris, Blueberry, Goya, Magorium, Boleyn, Darjeeling…whew.

Another “award” is from glam.com readers who voted Natalie the Most NATURAL Beauty, which is very appropriate in my opinion. Thanks to Turei.

Next week we’ll be putting up a special banner for the season and it’d be nice to have some fanart along those lines as well.

Have a ridiculously good weekend.

• bou says:

Don’t believe that Lohan-Nat production. Lohan could produce Barbie girl. Nat couldn’t. Maybe Lohan drunk too much before the interview. It wouldn’t be a surprise, no?

Sorry I cannot give you donation this month, Dazza. But I’ll try to give you next month. I’ll just need to create a Paypal account…

• SKYWALKER says:

yes very natural.she is beautiful.2007 oh godie:D

• amo says:

there was an interview a while ago (conducted at nat’s house?) where she talked about being friends with LiLo, and had her framed autograph, right? (i know, weird…)

Admittedly LL is a nutcase, but i doubt it’s all entirely made up.

• bou says:

If there is a person on this forum who adore Natalie’s clothes, and if there is a person who has 1.199,90 USD to spend, the same dress as Natalie wore at the Showest ceremony is on sale on Ebay. Yes, I know. It is sadly the worst Nat dress ever. But I am sure there are fans of it here! ( “Chloe Radzimir Fall Silk Jeweled Dress “).

• fanatical610 says:

Would it be so bad for Nat to be friends with Lindsay Lohan? Beneath all the crap in Lindsay’s life she is still talented and maybe they both see a friend in each other which is great imo.

• thevoid99 says:

Natalie… a friend of HO-HAN. Please.

Let’s just get PO’TMAN MOTHAFUCKA & her new sidekick SCAR-JO BIATCH! to go beat up HO-HAN.

• life_is_a_cereal says:

I don’t think her saying they’re producing a film together really means that much. Technically don’t you just have to contribute money to a project to be considered a producer? So they might both be “producers” but have little or no contact with one another. I think there’s probably some truth in Lohan’s statement, but I also believe she’s exaggerating a bit to help improve her image by associating with someone who isn’t constantly partying until 4 am and doing drugs. While I’m not a huge Lohan fan, she does actually have talent. Hell of a lot better than someone like Paris Hilton.

And 2007 is going to be fucking awesome if all of those films are released. Assuming of course they’re actually great films and Natalie doesn’t end up in a Jude Law circa fall 2004 situation.

Yeah, Cereal sorta nailed it. I’m not a huge fan of Lohan (more reasons than I can even get into) but don’t have a problem if Nat is friendly with her or not (nat is also friendly with Britney). What gets my goat by that statement is that it seemed self serving. Like she’s trying to distance herself from who her real friends are grab onto the generally strong reputation that Natalie has in the media.

I’m sure it would be a good thing if Lohan left LA behind and hung out with people like Natalie. Cos right now she seems to be in a huge downward spiral, even by Hollywood standards.

• GVCarroll says:

I think it’s great if Lindsey and Natalie are friends as long as Nat rubs off on Lindsey and not the other way around. If I see a pic on The Superficial of Natalie, Lindsey, Paris and Britney drunk off their asses and piled in the back of a car underwear-less I will spit nails and shit bricks.

• binky says:

I never heard of Natalie producing anything, except for that Edna St.Vincent Millay biopic she mentioned on Inside The Actor’s Studio. Maybe Lohan is playing Thelma Wood. Now there’s a sentence I never thought I’d be typing.

• _Anyathe says:

That’s a really full and interesting update! Thanks.

• AProfessional says:

Natural beauty, indeed…
    I rele, rele dislike Lindsay Lohan, tho…Like, really. I think that if Im right, Nat is not as close to Lindsay as Lindsay is tryin to portray. Perhaps polite n friendly, but I dont think Nat would find interest in a loser—ahem, I mean, in someone like her.

However, it is going to be a wonderful year, but not only for Nat, but for all of us if we just keep an optimistic attitute towards life in general and hope for the best!!!

Feliz Navidad!!! Joyeux Anniversaire!!! Merry Christmas!!!

*Happy Hanukkah! N everythin elz ppl celebrate at this time of year!!! 🙂

• cali says:

Thanks Dustin, for confirming that Natalie and Gael were a couple when they were together in Toronto. For those that refused to believe it.

I remember Natalie talking about Lindsay in that interview conducted at her home on Long Island. I think the framed autographed photo of LiLo was on the wall at the local bagel shop. Natalie made reference to not judging Lindsay and saying she was grateful she had good parents to guide her.

• unity1 says:

Hmm. Natalie has some strange friends. She SEEMS to be against everything girls like Lohan, Britney, and Paris stand for… for example, on Nightline she said she’d never play a “vapid girl” and mocked girls who just care about how they look, and their designer clothes etc. And she talks about how she’d rather be smart than a move star etc. But then she hangs out with some of the biggest trash in the U.S. entertainment industry??? Either she really just wants to be cool and liked by everyone, or she’s a big fake. Discuss.