10, 9, 8

By December 29, 2006Site-news

Hiya

With the end of the year almost upon us I’m going to be doing some retrospective polls and maybe an editorial as well. Also going to attempt some predictions for 2007. If you’ve got something you want me to predict (related to the site and Nat of course) let me know in the comments section to this update.

French Nat fans will want to be reminded that Paris Je T’aime is out on DVD – January 4th. It’s a 2 disc package with an incredible 4 hour making of documentary as well as a book. Thanks to Melody and Morgan.

Natalie’s short is directed by Tom Tykwer who has a new movie called Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. I mention this because the star of that film, Ben Whishaw, talks about Kavalier and Clay in this interview. Thanks to Amo.

CS: I also had the luck to see some of your screen tests for Stephen Daldry’s movie based on the novel “The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.” Did you get a chance to see the presentation they set-up in New York for that movie?

Whishaw: No, Stephen did tell me about it, yeah, but I think it’s not happening now. I think it’s been sort of put to one-side for a little while. It all fell apart, which is such a shame. I have not read the book even, but it’s a wonderful project. I hope at some point it’s revived.

Jeez, that sucks.

Finally, a couple pieces of fanart.

The first is a nice wallpaper from Dan.

And JenR rounds things off with this moody wallpaper.

Cheers

• imakemloose69 says:

Paris Je T’aime is out on DVD – January 4th!!! WHAT!?!?!? man when is it going to be released here in the U.S.? and when it does it better be the same import 2 disc set dvd but in english.

I can’t wait. I need a new Natalie Portman dvd to add to my dvd collection of her films.

• minimaggit says:

If Nat decides she wants to live up to the classic rock cliché about dying when you’re 27, 2007 probably will be the year when she finally start using heroin.

• Thea says:

Hi! I just have a question for all fans. Is there any calendar 2007 in work as that one for last (well this) year. Cause i really liked it and i hope that somebody will do something similar for next/this year (i would do it by myself but i’m not really into photoshop or anything like this).

• AProfessional says:

minimaggit: Heroin is for 2008, cuz she’ll be turning 27 then.;)

My Prediction? Natalie is gonna be in much, much more tabloids now that shez amicable w/ ppl like Scarlett and now that shez signing on to very versatile projects! 😀 Can’t wait!

• rafael28 says:

yeah i checked out the book at my city library but i never i got around reading it either, too damn long for my taste

• tito says:

Nooo!!! I was soooo excited to see a Kavalier & Clay movie. What I don’t get is why they made another book of Michael Chabon’s a movie … Wonder Boys. That book was just totally random and boring.

I don’t know about the book but I thought the film was great.

• Bou says:

Does anybody here read Suskind’s “the Perfume” ? It’s my favorite book. It’s just incredible. But the movie is so bad… I was really decepful because I like what Tom tykwer done with Paris, je t’aime.

And, oh, I forgot… JOYEUX NOEL everybody!

I’ve heard mostly very good things about the film. Really looking forward to it.

• AProfessional says:

Joyeux Noel a toi aussi, Bou!

• plop says:

Even as a shelfish (that word sound as “female fish”. I must be writing it bad) fan, i hope Natalie DOESN´T begin with heroin.

• anthony k says:

Dear Dazza, it’s me the political nutter back again. I hope you and the rest of the gang at NP.com had a merry Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever! My question is this, Do you think Natalie will ever do a big screen adaption of ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ and do you think she will setup up a website (one soon preferably) so us her dedicated fans can email her???

• fanatical610 says:

Man I so hope that next year is a great year for Nat. She’s worked so hard this year you know? Back-to-back films and interesting films as well, really varied. I just hope they’re great because Natalie’s been really disciplined this year and she deserves some success I hope. I have so much respect for how she just seems to be trying to be a part of great projects.

• Sharhem says:

Will Nat go to the Golden Globe & Oscar Awards?? I would really like to see her there!!

• life_is_a_cereal says:

God dammit, I really wanted to see Kavalier and Clay. Ah, well… I guess the good news is that I don’t think Ben Whishaw is the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the status of the film. So there’s still that I guess.

• thierrry123 says:

mostpromisingfilms2007.html

Nat is in the run for oscars 2008 (who else?)!!!

• bou says:

Really? In France the movie has not been welcome… If you wanna saw a panorama of critics, just go on Allocine.fr, and search for: “le parfum, histoire d’un meurtrier”. I don’t know if you understand french, but you could just see how many “stars” critic give to the film. This website is the best reference concerning french general critics.

Generally, people who like the movie didn’t read the book. All I can tell you is you really have to read it. If you like strange books, originality, like Zweig’s book…it’s for you. In every page you seem to smell every smells… It’s incredible. This is something I didn’t feel in the movie. Do you know Suskind first want Kubrick to adapt his book? But he finally refused, because he found it impossible. I am just asking what is impossible for the genious Stanley Kubrick!! But when you’ll read the book, I think you’ll understand.

• minimaggit says:

Aprofessional: Nah, death is for 2008. If she really wants to become known as an destructive icon she has to start doing heavy drugs this coming year. People think it’s easy to become a celeb but it’s all about advance planning.

• AProfessional says:

I was checking the image galleries and I absolutely love picture 77 of the 2005 Oscars section of the image galleries:
    public_2005_oscars/ab4_natalieportman01na14pb

Question: What Academy Award was she presenting and to whom that night? Like “Best…” what?

• Seyo says:

Just 3 hours and 15 minutes to 2007 🙂

• AProfessional says:

Quick Question: Is there a Natalie E! True Hollywood Story?

• math_grenades says:

Regardless of the critical response, I still want the DVD. I can’t read French on the amazon.fr site so can anyone who CAN read French tell me if the DVD comes with English subtitles? I have a multiregion DVD player so that won’t be a problem. I’d like to buy it if it does.

• AProfessional says:

Hello 2007! Here in PR this year is just 9 minutes old when I write my first np.comment Haha! 😀 Happy Happy Joy joy! Felicidades! 😀

• clone says:

happy new year. happy new 2007 to everyone.

2007 nat films-star wars, goya’s ghost and the other boylen girl.
    natalie making big news this year.

• bou says:

Hi math_grenades!
    I’ve got your answer: there aren’t english subtitles in this dvd. It is just precised that there are french subtitles for parts of the movie wich are in english or chinese.

If you need some translations, just ask!

• math_grenades says: