parade

By January 16, 2007Site-news

Ello

It seems the only thing happening at the moment are Hi Res versions of old pics. Hard to complain when they increase the quality of the pics so much though. I do have to admit that this is one of my least favourite pic sets. Yeah yeah, I know it’s loved by most but there’s something about the clothes, hair and set that I just find a bit boring. Am I the only one?

Thanks to Gregg.

That was the first batch. I’ll be back with the rest tomorrow.

• Garcy says:

Are you kidding?! This set is one of my favorites!

• plop says:

I am sure you are not the only one, Dazza. But maybe tou would agree that not every thing can be dark or bold; there must be room for kiities and roses.

And maye be, if you look at it twice, you could agree too that a “hip pant” (I don´t know the name of that in english) and a short shirt… well, have its thing. Or i am pervert enought to risk a delete of a message.

And just in case, no intention to offend (because i am habituated to make attemps of mild ironi and every one ends mad)

• Ulysses says:

She looked really better with long hairs. Her style sucks at the moment but I still like her.

It’s not that they aren’t edgy or innovative (altho I do lean towards that kind of look) as there are some cute flowery sets that I absolutely adore.

These pics just feel so…cold and lifeless. Just very bland.

She certainly looks beautiful but the guys behind the shoot made just about the most generic shoot she’s ever done.

But I know I’m in the minority and don’t mind being told that. So bring it on 🙂

• N-a-t says:

I think the set is very good…Not the best but good!

• fanatical610 says:

Man, there’s still no news huh? It always amazes me how low profile she is. I must agree with Dazza, this is not one of me favourite shoots, I think it’s the hair but the shoot itself isn’t very creative. I like the arty shoots like the one in the recent post.

• InNatsThrall says:

How can a red-blooded male go wrong with high quality Natalie pics?

Even without hair, Natalie is the most striking woman I’ve ever seen.

Thanks for posting them.

• preterNATural says:

You’re not alone, Dazza. One of my least favorites as well. I don’t think the hairstyle compliments her face very well. The clothes are fine for me, tho.

• minimaggit says:

Well, her smile doesn’t look natural.

Otherwise, great pics.

• imakemloose69 says:

IMHO I think Nat looks AMAZING!!! VERY BEAUTIFUL!!! in these set of pics. old pics but good ones. I am breathless……………

• JenR1215 says:

I agree with Daz.

The pictures are very “Virgin” as i call it.

Not saying she poses as a slut (hell no!), but the picture are all innocent, sweet, no real poses/sexy expressions.

…. They look like my Senior Portrait photos, in other words.

• natveggie77 says:

OOOOH! I love it!
    Personally, I love nat when she has long hair, natural clothes and no heavy makeup. Oh, and the perfect size (Sometimes she looks like a twig.)
    It would be even better if her hair was curly. I have curly hair too and I think it’s the best look for her.
    I guess I love the all natural ‘Natalie Hershlag’ look.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK??

• hatikva says:

She certainly looks very beautiful here, but I’m with you, Dazza. The clothes are almost too pretty, too prim and manicured, packaged and lifeless. While I don’t really like some of her spunky style choices (i.e. the more boho and “casual-baggy” things she’s worn like the poncho) I do like shoots with more personality, like the Elle 2004 Tahiti one and the Leon-era ones.

• AProfessional says:

She looks absolutely beautiful to me. I love the clothing and the fact that she SMILES. Natalie has a nice smile and in most photo shoots she’s serious. That’s just cliche.

The background? Boring? Indeed.

• wesfan says:

Hey Dazza, new Darjeeling plot – involves a tiger!

Wes Anderson’s THE DARJEELING LIMITED, slated for this fall.

Currently, the details of the script are under wraps, but the basic plot of the
    film is that Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman play three brothers
    taking a train ride through India in search of a rare tiger that is believed to
    be the reincarnated form of their recently deceased father. The movie also stars
    Amara Karan, Anjelica Huston, Natalie Portman and Michael Scott Valdez.

Have you gotten your hands on the script yet?

• dittygrain says:

Here’s a video of the bloopers from Episode III if anyone’s interested. Nat’s about halfway through it:

• thevoid99 says:

Oh, very nice. Hi-Five!

• JosephM says:

I think maybe the look is fake. Didn’t Nat use hair extensions for this shoot? It looks that way to me. I actually think she looks “too pretty” for the pic set. As in they may be doctored. If you examine other pic sets she doesn’t look that way. Maybe it’s the hair and the suit, I don’t know.

• AProfessional says:

No, this one is DEFINITELY one of my favorites. She looks NATural…she SMILES…it’s beautiful. 🙂

• rafael28 says:

she looks incredibly hot in those blue jeans

• Dana says:

No. You’re not the only one.

• jude_yam says:

wow.. nice hair i much like the long hair than the short one it has more maturity and style…

hey there not so boring they just look a little classic in a way….

nice pics….

-jude

• clone says:

these pictures are new to me. I havent seen them before. there great. make a banner of these pictures dazza.

she always looks cool with blue geans on and white top. makes her look like a lady.

I also think this sight needs a new idea, which is where we could send pictures of our natalie portman collection just like they do on rebelscum.com in the collectors section.

• Jenski says:

Dazza, you’re not the only one. While Nat looks extremely pretty in these photos, they’re just too boring for me. Maybe if they hadn’t tried to match her shirt and jacket with the friggin’ walls… Personally, I prefer photoshoots a little more offbeat and creative. Photographers seem to prefer portrait shots of her, but I’d prefer more shoots like the ones she did for W, Blender, Vogue/Italian Vogue ’04, US Vogue ’02. Failing that, New York Times ’05, British Vogue, German Vogue, Vanity Fair, all circa 2005. Ya know? I just wish her magazine spreads were a little funkier, a little more ‘Cate Blanchett’.

• cobra_kai says:

Yes, you are the only one