more ass kicking

By May 2, 2007Site-news

Hiya

It seems that you’re all responding very well to this FINCA news heavy week. It’s definitely a refreshing change to the publicity push for a film.

Today we have more FINCA related news items and let’s begin with something I forgot to link to yesterday, the Myspace page for Village Banking. It has lots of information about the cause and plenty of Natalie. Go check it out and spread the word.

We also have another new gallery up. It has a couple photos of Natalie giving a talk at a luncheon at NYU about FINCA and Village Banking. That’s Queen Rania in the second pic. Thanks to Celiana.

Here is a comprehensive article on the campaign including quotes from Natalie and Queen Rania. It also gives us some solid info on the documentary:

Ms. Portman has produced a documentary which will be released later
this year about FINCA’s work in Mexico with Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize-winning documentary director Juan Carlos Rulfo.

Thanks to Harper.

Lainey might not be very popular to a section of Nat fans but she really does champion Nat every chance she gets. Here is her recent article about the Paris Je T’aime premiere and the FINCA campaigning.

Pasha has been constantly updating the gallery for that premiere so if you haven’t seen it since the day it went up, check again for a ton of great new photos.

If you want an even better copy of Natalie’s The View appearance, head over here. Thanks to David.

We go back to film for this next item, it is an interview with Natalie about Goya’s Ghosts. Click the link below to see the whole article. Thanks to Jason.

“Hopefully I won’t be typecast. I don’t want to be the cheap torture girl for the rest of my career.”

And rounding off the news, Natalie is the actress of the week on AskMen.com – Natalie Portman.

There are just two pieces of fanart today and they both come from Jean. Click here and here.

Finally, since FINCA and Village Banking is the hot topic at the moment it might be nice to have some matching fanart. Just a thought.

• shelley says:

hey melody, please… UPDATE THE GALLERY!! dazza’s doing a very good working but you..

• quick_wit says:

ha! 1st to comment…

nice to know there is a real actress out there to show the world that a decent talented humble woman actually exists.

beauty and brains…*moi a wee bit envy…ok may be more than a little*

• Mockingbird says:

It’s a wonderful campaign. I like that the focus of the docu seems to be on the charity and the people rather than a puff piece for the celeb.

I don’t love the YSL dress but Natalie looks so beautiful at the PJT premiere, like someone straight out of the 60s!

Awww at Natalie in that BBC article: “I don’t watch myself in general. I will see it once when the movie comes out but I can’t after that because I will start hating myself. I am so not objective about myself, I always hate myself!”

I do think it’s a bit disingenuous that she doesn’t say it’s a body double for the nude scenes. I get the feeling she’s disappointed with how the film turned out but it’s interesting to hear more on it anyway.

dazza: Is there a tutorial anywhere for how to post URL links in the comments. I don’t want to stretch the page and I feel like a nuisance e-mailing you everytime I come across something!

Here it is:

(a href=”http://www.enterurlhere.com”)Click here(/a)

Just need to replace the ( and ) with < and >

Shelley, what galleries do you want updated? Pasha has come on board to help in Melody’s absence and she has been adding and updating galleries like crazy.

• Mockingbird says:

Cheers Dazza. Here’s article I found so I hope this works *crosses fingers*:

Click here(/a)

Zach Braff came along to support Natalie-so cute that they are still friends.

• viona says:

looking awesome at the PJT premiere…great make up!

You must replace all the ( ) with <>

• Mockingbird says:

I’m sorry. I’ll try again, if it doesn’t work this time I give up:

Click here

It’s some stuff from Natalie, Zach and about Steve Buscemi at the PJT premiere.

• gabriota says:

This is so great! See, I m studying International Relations and my goal always is to reach UN or something like that to work for the people of all the world. Then little to little I m knowing this internationals NGO s and someday I hope to choose one to work with it. Great for Natalie: obviously she is more than an excellent actress

• Mac81 says:

Oh yeah, so much Natalie within the last days. I love that!
    I always have great respect for people who are engaged in helping other (poor) people.

• shelley says:

sorry dazza but i can’t see all recent pics of nat in the section of public appearances and private candids.
    Maybe it’s a problem of my PC. Pasha has added a buch of pics and i think you’re really doing a good job this week ūüėČ

Ok, I see what you mean. The galleries haven’t been linked to on the actual image section pages. Will get that sorted out as soon as I can.

• Mockingbird says:

Hooray, I can’t believe the link worked! I’ve just got to try and remember it now. Anyway, it’s nice to see that she’s still mates with Zach and Steve Buscemi wanting a picture with her is cool.

It must have been a pretty hectic week so thanks for all the frequent updates. Pasha is doing a great job with the galleries too.

• plop says:

So, the more important and touching actions in Nat’s life, so far.
    Being ridiculously frivolous -me, not her- i have to say that even if she was beautifull in the YSL presentation, those dress with the lower part to the inside look ludicruous (at least as my english¬°¬°); like a diaper. Things of fashion, i guess.
    And for the soo spected end (of this comment i mean), she doesn’t want to be, and me neither want her to be (come on, movie guys¬°¬°¬°. Send her tons of comedies scrpits¬°¬°¬°. We want to watch her ad laugth¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°)

• plop says:

And what a lot of good work here, guys (and girls)

• el_nota says:

You can use also http://tinyurl.com/, it is easier.

• rafael28 says: