Blueberry trailer

By May 14, 2007Site-news

Hi

Just in time for the premiere in Cannes, here is a teaser trailer for My Blueberry Nights. Natalie isn’t in it but the trailer looks quite beautiful. What do you think?

Thanks to Thierry.

• bou says:

Because I love WKW’s movies, I think this teaser doesn’t look like his usual work. So I’m disappointed. But it is just a teaser.

• Pasha says:

Is Natalie going to be at Cannes? I’ve only read that Norah, Jude and Wong are going to be walking the red carpet tomorrow.

I don’t think I’ve read any confirmation but assumed she would be there.

• Pasha says:

Well, I think re-shoots for Magorium are over so hopefully she’ll be there, although Lainey, who’s in Cannes and will be covering the premiere, only mentioned Norah, Jude and Wong as walking the red carpet.

• jenR1215 says:

Blah, on Jude, He still gets on my nerves, but Nora seems like she’s going to do a wonderful job.

I wish they showed comedic areas of the movie, because just from watching all that it just seems boring. Thats why supporting are the best actor/tresses int he movie. 🙂

When that 1st shot came on, it seemed like it was going to be a crime/thriller movie for 2 seconds. Did anyone else think that??? lol

• Mockingbird says:

The teaser is gorgeous but it does seem to have a very different tone to WKW’s other work, a lot more talkie and static than I was expecting but it’s just a teaser. I am anticipating this film so much, I really want WKW’s English language debut to be great.

I hope Natalie is at Cannes. The MMWE filming was only for three days and she’s not working at the moment.

• fanatical610 says:

It was really strange that Lainey only mentioned Norah, Jude and Wong as attending the premiere. What a shame it’ll be if Nat doesn’t attend, I am/was really looking forward to seeing her at this and maybe some other events at Cannes and it feels like an exciting year for some reason. Judging by the teaser, Blueberry looks like it could be good.

• Jenski says:

Another site said she’s expected but I haven’t heard a confirmation.

I can deal with this not looking like WKW’s other movies because I think his last one was pretty weak and without substance- even though *it looked* like a WKW film. I’ve just got my fingers crossed that Nat’s performance is good.

• plop says:

It is nice. But buffering is suffering¡. May be my conection, but it took like ten minutes to load in… “low definition?”.
    I can be confused, but to my knowledge others Won Kar movies use to be “tought”, so may be is trying to do something different. And, if Natalie part is small, as i think i reed, and Nora and Jude are the main actors, may be Natalie won’t be there, at least for this movie, but as a guess of the festival. Or maybe she will be filming gorillas in Rwanda by then. (How that sound?: “She wasn’t at Cannes because she was filming gorillas in Rwanda”. Perhaps theme for a comic?)

• plop says:

Ok, not. Cannes is next week, But the gorilla film still deserves a comic, i think

• Mockingbird says:

@ Jenski: I was disappointed with “2046” too, mainly because of Zhang Ziyi, the film did meander quite a bit and I hated seeing how my beloved Chow Mo Wan from “ITML” had ended up.