Daisy Dukes goes wrong

By June 21, 2008Site-news

Oh my. Below we have two images from Wednesdays concert and Natalie is wearing some very unfortunate shorts. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re Devendra’s. If they’re meant to be tongue in cheek, kudos. If not…

Thanks to Myherojay, who also made youtube vids of all the songs if you’re interested.

• hmausiello says:

i don’t think they are that bad. she is cute in almost everything she wears. i like them Nat, you wear those short shorts!

• Kate923 says:

Oddly enough, high-waisted shorts/pants are coming back in style.
    Not that I’m a fan but…it’s true.

• chewbacca says:

I’d say the shirt’s infortunate too!

That outfit is heinous.

• gabriel says:

These guys would have to be demon possed to be this sick…death and hell are cast into the lake of fire…this is the second death. God will repay. Im wondering if Natalie was forced to do this stuff by her publicist…this is really sick…she should look for a new agent.

• gabriel says:

also..she is making the Jews look bad…I hope she cares.

• gabriel says:

Get away from those creeps…they would have to have some serious personality disorders..you can see it in their eyes…something ..not right.

Musically…it sounds….awful.Like Charlie Manson as a musician.

Try actually finding out about the guy, he’s smart and totally peace loving. Calling him nuts while spewing all that judgmental lake of fire BS is pretty rich.

Oh, and the cherry on the top of ignorance, Charlies Manson was a musician.

• clone says:

basiclly,I think she has worn those shorts before.

also I believ she’s showing some second thought on dev that she will leave him .

• preterNATural says:

Well, I think she looks good.

What’s wrong with a dildo skirt??? You people are so judgmental.

• hmausiello says:

i like your response dazza. very witty and appropriate 🙂

• plop says:

I can’t get what is wrong about Natalie wearing shorts… It is true that i was once compared with Borat, and maybe there was a point in a way, but i can’t get what, or how could be there anything wrong about Natalie wearing shorts at all…

C’mon, guys! It is almost like Mathilda, but without the necessity to feel bad about it!

• Ezra_Pound says:

These folks are there to snap pics, and yet I see no ass shot.

Dazza, I know you’re as angry about this as I am.

A while back you would have made the obvious gag about Nat lovin’ short shorts. Is that a little on the nose for you? Hast thou matured? Don’t forget where you come from, comrade.

• JenR1215 says:

Nat shouldn’t dress like a redneck car models, even though Dev was born in Houston.

• thevoid99 says:

Not that I think that Natalie can get away with most things. Certainly the Daisy Dukes look (with that amazing ass) but… it’s the shirt doesn’t work.

Since when is Devendra Banhart the Prince of Darkness?

• Kate923 says:

Good God, you must never meet any interesting people with that attitude…

• Garcy says:

I think I’m the only one who likes this outfit.

• Vegabond says:

I think wouldn’t like the outfit on anyone else but her. And a penis dress looks pretty damn fun too 😛

• Carlotto says:

I don’t really like this outfit, but I like its shortness x)

• Kate923 says:

I think it’s fine, Garcy. People where I live dress like this all the time. Natalie’s a hipster, we didn’t all know this when she had the faux hawk? haha

• Jenski says:

Aw, I think she looks kind of cute. What I really want is a full length photo- if she’s going to wear such short shorts, then I want a *full length* photo.

• virgo says:

I think Natalie is very beautiful no matter what she wears…or what her hair looks like. If it is long or short…she is beautiful to me..and I love her..and she is on my mind all the day long. And…I believe she is still a good person…and has a good heart…even like years ago..back to 1999 even. And …sometimes she tricks people..but..she still has a good heart. And her agent is trying to help her also…to find projects that arent real abnormal..that normal people will like. And there are times…I should have more faith in people…I need to work on that. But..she is very very beautiful…the prettiest lady I have ever seen…no matter what outfit she is wearing.

• why says:

Why is Mizz Portman trying so hard to impress this dee-do?

She could go on a literal killing spree and some of you would instantly rush to her defense with something stupid like “those people deserved to die!”.

(Whatever it takes for her to notice you, right?).

The fact that you’re halfway around the world away, and don’t know anything about anything personally, doesn’t seem to matter.

Just keep kissin’ those rear-ends- that’s how people really become successful in this world- isn’t that right, you blind, butt-kissin’ followers?!?

Baaabaaabaaa…

• SKYWALKER says:

freeak music…..

Why, please remove your head from your rectum. Granted, there are some fans who would blindly support anything she did but those are the EXTREME minority.

Most of those who have come to the defense of this outfit are people who have had no problem being critical in the past.

Opinions for and against are always welcome here, as long as they remain within certain boundaries.

• Jenski says:

What kills me about Why’s retarded comment is that he/she can only be referring to us “defending” either Nat’s outfit or her boyfriend. That’s it. And yet? Some melodramatic comment about killing sprees. Jesus Christ.

I love how demonic the red eyes make Natalie look.

• trippy627 says:

Natalie is going to become a campy figure, like Ayn Rand. She lives in a dense, short life that gives hope to millions and aloneness to her, far out reaching any other celebrity. I wish it wasn’t so.

Ayn Rand?!?! Am I drunk? Is everyone else drunk? What’s going on? Where am I? ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

• trippy627 says:

campy… campy…

• Jenski says:

I do, however, welcome trippy627’s comment because it is weird and random. And we need more of that around here. Comparing Natalie to a ‘campy’ Ayn Rand just about made my day. More please.

“Is everyone else drunk?”

That’s actually not a bad idea.