In case you’ve been wondering, here are where things stand with our Mathilda comic.
After sorting out the financing for chapter 2, I begun work on the new script. I wasn’t 100% happy with the feel of the layouts in chapter 1 so, despite being quite a newbie to comics, I tried to focus a lot more on the panel to panel storytelling of each page.
Christophe was quite happy with what I sent him and he started his work on the storyboard process. A few weeks back we got the storyboards where we wanted them, however the next step has been delayed because of a summer job that Christophe had to take.
He’ll be back to work at the beginning of September and the second chapter, which consists of 9 pages and 1 cover page, should be ready in October.