New Poll

By May 29, 2009Site-news

I’ve got a bit of the flu so I went to sleep at 8 last night and woke up at 8 this morning, still feeling crazy tired but thinking I better get up before some prince tries to come and snog me.

Thankfully I logged onto np.com and had the sleep blasted from my eyes, thanks to the news that Natalie would be joining the Pineapple Express team for a new adventure. Now we know why Natalie was meeting with David Gordon Green, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Suspiria (I assume). David is great. Mcbride is hilarious (check out Eastbound and Down, one of the funniest shows on TV). Franco is great. I’m just completely over the moon.

This also marks only her second film foray into outright comedy (the other being Mars Attacks, although you could argue that that film was light on laughs).

So…

The Your Highness Poll

• Mockingbird says:

Remember when Natalie was promoting TOBG last year and said she really wanted to do a comedy but not the usual girl working in fashion who is desperate to get married? Well, she’s definitely managed to sidestep that with this!
    I hope it’s good and ,more importantly, funny but so far everything looks promising.

• Dazza says:

Have you seen any of McBride’s work? His sense of humour definitely isn’t going to appeal to everyone.

• viona says:

still don’t think this is going to be great.
    I’m the only one here.

• Dazza says:

David Gordon Green hasn’t made a wrong step so far in his career. I’d be surprised if this is his first miss.

I’m excited. I’ve been waiting for Natalie to do a comedy for yeeeaars and I like all of the people involved.

• kitten says:

Im glad she is doing another movie but this sounds dumb to me ‘stoner comedy’ sounds awful hope they can pull this off but then I hated Garden State loved Nat as Sam but the movie did nothing for me guessing this will be the same

• rkamidees says:

sorry… i don’t care who is involved. it sounds lame.

i am looking forward to Hesher though.

• Dazza says:

Well I feel the exact opposite. A synopsis is almost meaningless. The quality of a film will always come down to the cast and crew. I have at least “liked” everything that Green has touched, including the stuff he’s done with Mcbride (the surprisingly great Pineapple Express and the so funny it hurts TV show Eastbound and Down).

If you’ve seen those and you hated them, then fair enough, this will almost certainly not be for you. But if you’re judging the project on the synopsis…

• plop says:

“Isn’t going to appeal to every one”, right? I guess you aren’t that alone, viona. But maybe for very different reasons.